Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Delkin DDSPROND40-B Snug-it Pro Protective Camera Skin for Nikon D40
|Price:||$12.95 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Perfectly fits: Nikon D40 / D40x / D60
- Full functionality with glove like fit
- Rugged high quality silicone provides a smooth rather than tacky feel and won't collect lint or debris
- Hard plastic LCD cover protects the LCD against damage
- Perfectly molded around the lens mount to provide the maximum amount of coverage while still allowing for quick lens changes
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Item Dimensions||7.75 x 3 x 6.81 inches|
|Item Display Weight||0.5 pounds|
|Item Weight||0.88 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.35 pounds|
Delkin Snug-It Pro cameras skins provide complete protection for digital SLR cameras. Heavy duty for heavy use, they are custom molded for a glove-like fit. The lens and all buttons, dials, sensors and compartments are carefully molded over and around for a completely functional and rugged skin. Thicker silicone provides added protection and ridges molded into the skin allow for a better grip on the larger cameras. Whether you are a professional photographer or a first-time digital SLR buyer, Snug-it Pro skins are perfect for anyone looking for complete camera protection. Includes a hard plastic cover that protects the LCD against damage.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
DESCRIPTION: the skin is easy to install, slipping over the camera body. It has cut-outs at the bottom, over the SD card port, the flash, the dial, and over other strategic areas.
One of the cut-outs is positioned over the video-out port. Since I do a lot of macro photography, I stick a penny in there to provide scaling in my botany photographs (in case I forget to bring my little ruler).
The skin has a slight, protruding lip surrounding the base of the lens where it is inserted into the camera body. This lip provides a nice seal at the juncture.
When removing the battery from its compartment, I use a finger to pull back the edge of the skin, to keep it from obstructing or damaging the hinge on the battery compartment cover.
After applying the skin, I started getting an error message (about an obstruction) when pressing the button (unsuccessfully) to open the onboard flash. The skin turned out to be the culprit, but the fix--as it turned out--was easy.
* The heavy rubber skin provides a nice, solid grip.
* It is solidly made, and can be removed from the camera and reapplied as needed.
* All controls covered by the skin are responsive, although they seem to take a tad more pressure to operate.
* The cutout allows unobstructed access to the SD card port.
* The raised, textured surfaces allow you to see WHERE all the buttons and controls are, but not WHAT they are. Since I don't use the camera on a daily basis, this is a problem. I get around it by carrying a cheat sheet for my camera model (I like the diagram on the Blue Crane Digital cheat sheet). You could also print out the diagram from the camera manual.
* There is a rubber flap that covers the hot shoe, which was the cause of the problem I was having in attempting to open the onboard flash. I discovered that pulling the flap back before pressing the flash button made the problem disappear.
* The kit comes with a plastic LCD cover. I couldn't get it to stay in place, and did not like peering through the extra layer of plastic. Since I am no fan of digital camera LCD's, this was not an important issue. I never use the cover.
CONCLUSIONS: I recommend the Delkin skin and leave it on my camera at all times. The only serious drawback is the inability to identify the buttons. The need to pull back the hot shoe flap (or the battery compartment surround) is no longer a problem once you understand the issue and get in the habit of doing so. Forget the LCD cover.
This case offers great protection for the camera. I take it everywhere and usually have it hanging from my shoulder just by the strap without the case. My wife really wanted some protection from dings and scraps and this fits the bill.
The lens was a little hard to change, it took about 30 seconds, but with practice I think it will get easier. It is not difficult to change the lens at all, just a little time consuming as you maneuver around the silicone cover.
It is very snug and has access for the memory card and av port. It was easy to put on too. The hard screen protector fits very well and I haven't had any issues with it. It also comes with a very nice one that you apply to the screen if you would rather not use the hard plastic one.I would definitely recommend this product.
Please note that this is for the Rebel T2i so I can't speak for the other models as each is probably slightly different.
So, if you're anything like me then this is what you will want to get. I admit that I'm hard and abusive to most things I have, but I do tend to keep things in great shape, as the Lord blesses me.
The pads for the controls are exactly where they're suppose to be and I have had no problem with using them. I did have to cut into mine to accommodate the battery grip that is attached to my camera, but that was easy. Now, I'm saying the Staples slogan.
The only issue that I have had is that the LCD screen protector, that comes with it, moved around too much. Because of that, I put a regular LCD screen protector on it so I won't have to be bothered by the protector sliding all over the place on me while I'm trying to take pictures. It scratched up too easily, anyway.
I love this product, but people with little hands might not. It does make the camera feel and look bulky, but it does serve its intended purpose.
- Skin feels smooth but grippy and I like how it feels in my hands.
- Comes with rear view lcd protection film and a plastic cover that is mounted in the skin, Dual Layers!
- Gives me peace of mind especially with some of the sunny and rainy weather we have here in beautiful Hawaii.
- It is not meant to weather-proof your camera, but I feel a little safer bringing the camera to the beach or hiking or shooting in the rain.
- May also help reduce wear and tear , but it heavily depends on what you do.
- Buttons on skin are labeled, so you won't have to "guess"
- M.Func button a bit tougher to distinguish and feel out feels almost part of the skin. I wished that they made it more grooved or bumpy, so it is easier to find when shooting. But after a while I got used to finding the button with the skin on.
- Adds Bulk.
- I wished Delkin provided a top lcd protection film and plastic cover also.
- Covers receiver for wireless remote.
- May not play nicely with battery grips
- Expensive, I do not understand why this skin is much more expensive than other skins for other cameras.
I love this skin.
It was hard for me to make a decision in buying this, but would have been easier for me (& other potential buyers) to buy this if it was cheaper.
Thats why the 4 stars.