Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 53 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 56 reviews
on March 29, 2011
I've read all these reviews and can't understand why people are trying to place a camera in the bag. This is a great item for those people with waterproof cameras only. I used my friends waterproof camera while snorkeling and I can't tell you how nervous I was that I would drop it. If you drop a waterproof camera in the ocean or sea, its sinking very fast and you're out some money. So when I bought my waterproof camera, I figured this is a great way to protect my investment. First of all, its free, but even if it wasn't, what's another $12 to protect a $300 - $600 camera. If you drop the camera while attached, it will simply float to the top. Don't even consider the pouch for any reasonable use, its not the best part of this product. Its the ability to take your camera into the water without the fear of losing it.
on December 11, 2016
I mostly use this for my phone, Id, and cash when I'm biking to keep it dry from sweat and sudden rain showers. I have used it for my small camera when kayaking a few times. I tested this out in the tub before using it for my phone out camera, It's water resistant but not fully waterproof. The bobber attachment is in my kayaking gear to keep my keys safe from sinking if they ever go over board.
on June 28, 2013
This is a fantastic piece of kit, It saved me around $300 while I was on holiday in Barbados.

First and foremost, the waterproof sleeve that is provided is NOT for use with digital cameras. I don't have the first clue why people thought it was a good idea to shove their electronic equipment in there.

I used the waterproof sleeve to protect money, a hotel safety-deposit key ($200 fee if I lose it) and hotel room swipe-cards.

While using the jet ski, I was flung onto the ocean after crashing into some waves. After resurfacing, I realised that I had lost my glasses and the Jellyfish floating kit was no longer around my wrist! I panicked and looked around me everywhere, but before I knew it - I saw a bright orange bobble floating on the surface of the ocean. As you can imagine, I was very relieved to get all those things back, otherwise I would have lost well over $300.
on April 9, 2011
I agree with whoever was kind of stunned on people putting these cameras in this bag.. It's rather small. It could hold a cellphone at best, but that's only if you read the little insert you have to take out.

So to anyone saying it destroyed their camera/stuff.. It says "WARNING" Test the received product for water leakage -before- putting anything in it.

Otherwise, it's a cute little package with a bottle opener on the little floaty. Comes with a cell phone strap, wristband, etc.
It's actual internal dimensions are -small-, enough to fit a cellphone as said, or a small wallet/credit cards/not terribly important information.

What no one else mentioned that I noticed is that it has

--two zip-lock seals,

--then you roll the end of the bag up,

--THEN you Velcro it shut.

So if you're not good at Zip-Locks, this may not be as watertight as it should be. And that's not the products fault, it works as promised for me.
on August 17, 2011
This actually came in handy and worked fine. I read other reviews for it and everyone complained it was too small and not waterproof, but I say "operator error". You can 'squeeze' a pack of smokes in it, my HTC Evo-which is slightly bigger than an Iphone-fit with no problem. Both of my digital cameras-Canon PowerShot and Sony CyberShot-fit with no problem. The bright color makes it easier to spot if you do drop it, but it is just good common sense to attach it since it comes with the straps. No issues with the waterproof part, either, you just need to make sure it seals-which is similar to a ziploc baggie, then folds over. Once again, common sense. I took my phone with when we went floating so I would know what time it was, kept it in this handy little bag, and was able to operate my phone enough to see the time without removing it from the bag. The floating ball/bottle opener was somewhat unhandy, but if we had tipped, I'm sure I would have been thankful for it.
on March 13, 2011
As others reviewed, this case won't fit my Panasonic DMC-ZS7 P&S camera that I got this case free with. So why do I give it 3 stars? It appears to be well designed and it should protect my Sansa Fuze MP3 player very nicely from water. I guess this is for the Spring Break kids as it has a bottle opener built into the float, I guess useful if you are partying on the Colorado River or on a beach in Florida, Mexico or by a swimming pool.

This is meant for small stuff, there's not many cameras that will fit inside this case. I suggest that it could be used for small MP3 players or use to hold your ID/credit cards/money but hold a camera??? NOT!

I can't recommend buying this, but if it's free, I'm sure you can find something that you want to protect that you can use this thing for.
on February 26, 2012
The pouch is great for keeping money and other small items dry. We used this all week long on our cruise vacation, both on the ship and while on excursions. It was very convenient way to keep money and receipts dry while we were swimming in the pool or ocean. The straps make it easy to secure the pouch so you know it won't fall out of your pocket, and makes it harder for someone to pick-pocket. The opening is small, so it was sometimes hard for my husband to reach into it to get money out, but it did the job of keeping everything dry. Its great to use when you are somewhere that has bar service while you're in the pool. No need to get out of the pool to get your money! Would have given 5 stars if it were easier to open and access the contents.
on May 20, 2011
With the neon orange strap attached to your camera, it is very hard to misplace it. They are tough and show very little wear after my major trip. The snap hooks are easy to use even with gloves on. The hooks are well rounded and did not snag anything on my trip. The small water proof bag works well for small wallets, keys and stuff that you need to keep dry. The bag does not have much room, but if you are swimming you should not have much stuff with you.

The one problem is the float. It is large and made out of hard plastic. It easly floats my camera, but you can not put it into a pocket. It looks like an extra large fish float.

I like every thing except the float and bought a soft float strap to replace the float. The strap easly connected using the snap hooks
on March 28, 2011
I got this free with the purchase of my Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 from Amazon. Upon receiving the product, I realized that the camera was never meant to be put inside the waterproof pouch. Of course, that's why anyone who tried would claim it doesn't fit... you don't need to even try to squeeze it in to realize it simply won't fit.

With that said, this accessory is designed to be used with a waterproof camera. You clip the waterproof camera to the carabiner, then put something like money or a small MP3 player into the pouch. I like that there's a bottle cap opener attached to the float, although I don't see myself ever using this product. Nonetheless, it was free. Can't imagine paying original price for this, but maybe it's useful for those who like to take pictures while in the pool.
on December 30, 2011
I received this with my purchase of the Panasonic DCM-ZS7, which would imply that it is large enough for the camera to fit in it. It does not. The item itself seems useful but I have yet to use it so keep my cameras size in mind when purchasing this item.

(Update:7/28)
I finally got to put this to the test last weekend while taking a inner tube down a river with slightly rough areas. I only put my keys in it but since it does have an electronic device attached to it, I thought it would be a perfect test. I put the item in my pocket, which did get submerged many times. The keys did not get wet.
As previously mentioned, it's too small to house my camera but seems to be fine for smaller items.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.