Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on September 3, 2013
This perfectly molded piece of silicone offers an added level of protection against scratches, kitchen splatters (culinary photography) and light raindrops for my Nikon D7100. Initially I did not want to keep it, the matte black sheath takes away from the aesthetic of the camera and adds the tiniest bit of extra bulk, but ultimately I liked the way it felt in my hand and I knew that the protection it offers would be worth it.

After a recent accidental fall (due to a faulty camera sling/strap!) I was so relieved to have kept it because this skin did effectively prevent cosmetic damage to the camera body. I do not use the plastic screen cover as I bought a higher quality glass piece (Vello Ultra) that adheres directly to the screen. The two work well together.
on October 28, 2013
This rubber protector for the D7100 body is, for the most part, well designed. Rubber is a bit to thick and too close around openings to access ports and the power switch/shutter. I trimmed a bit off the area around the shutter to provide easier access to this switch. The only real problem I found is the section designed to protect the hot shoe. This item does not fit well at all and creates a problem if one uses the hot shoe as I often do. The attachment of a flash or other accessory on the shoe causes the rubber to pull away from the eyepiece making it hard to look and compose/focus a photo. It is likely I will cut this off in the future. My advice to the mfr is to delete this part from the otherwise useful protector.
on February 24, 2014
When I first saw this skin for the D7100, I thought..."this is great. Good protection, good grip" Then I received the skin:

Pros: Will likely protect the camera from many scratches and scrapes
Body skin installs quickly and easily

Cons: (lots of them)
Rear-display cover is very difficult to install
You have to memorize the button locations since the skin covers the white letters on them
The rubber is so thick that the clearance for the camera grip is reduced. I have trouble getting my fingers to wrap around the grip.
The hot shoe cover gets in the way when using a flash
The skin interferes with tripod quick release adapters
The skin makes it very difficult to access the connections on the right side of the body. They are already protected by rubber covers. Now you have to pull back two covers. I ended up cutting the skin to remove that section

Overall, this skin turned out to be useless. I would only recommend this to people that don't use tripods, have small hands, don't use the connections on the side of the camera and can picture all of the controls in their mind (since you can't see the text for each button), which basically means that I would not recommend this to anyone.

I'd be happy to send this skin to anyone that wants it, for free. Just pay postage.
55 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2013
I bought a Delkin skin for my D3100 several years ago. It provides some protection for the camera against the inevitable bumps and scrapes that the camera receives in normal use. There is a clear plastic cover over the LCD and a stick-on acetate film for the LCD to provide a second layer of protection. The LCD is easily viewable through both layers. The skin fits snugly, as its name implies, like a skin. Based on my experience with the 3100, I bought a skin for my new D7100 that is similar to the 3100 skin. Based on a week's use it promises to be as useful as the skin for my D3100.
on November 9, 2014
I've bought one of these before for my D3200. That one's still on that camera. Very durable and great fit--no play and buttons are still responsive. I would've given this 5 stars, however, the material is not the same as the skin for the D3200. I liked the D3200 version because it was grippy. I don't get worried carrying the camera around without a strap because I know I have a good handle on it. The D7100 version, however, is a little slippery. Not too bad, but more slippery than the D3200 version. And it is kinda bulky as some people mentioned. It makes the camera pretty meaty making it hard to grasp for smaller hands. PV button and live view switch become hard to access also, and buttons don't feel as responsive. The skin kinda dampens the "click" kind of feel that gives you confirmation that the button was pressed. I still think that's not too huge of a deal though. Then the cover for the ports. It's the same problem with all the different versions I think. That part of the skin make the ports hard to get to. The skin wants to keep those covers shut. Lastly, the hotshoe cover part of it. It's a little short. This causes it to come off pretty easily. I might just cut that part off later on. Same with the port covers. I might be cutting those off. I don't use a battery grip, I don't really plan on using one, so I'm not even going to deduct points on that area.
review image
on July 3, 2014
Overall, this was exactly what I was looking for! While it fits perfectly, as mentioned in some reviews, it does have a bit of over run material where not wanted... but happily, it's easily adjustable with a pair of sharp scissors or detail knife. (Please be very careful when cutting it).

I would offer a full recommendation on this product. Also, if you (like me) use a Nikon power holder (fits on bottom for double battery life & vertical usage), you will have to cut away part of the bottom of the cover to make it work properly.

That's my full review... great item, well priced, and almost perfect!
on October 1, 2014
Overall a great product. Only 3 minor quibbles; The rubber layer around the power button: It makes it hard for those with stubby fingers (me!) to turn it on! I have to use my finger nail, which is akward because of my stubby fingers!

The next minor quibble is the index mark for the single shot, multi shot selection ring is obscured by the skin. Easily solved by making a small cut out with a sharp blade. ;)

Finally, with the Pro Skin on, it is impossible to fit an extension battery pack because the rubber wraps slightly around the base. I did think about trimming it, but then the skin would not fit snugly anymore so I abandoned the idea. Extra batteries work easier.

Otherwise it does the job greatly.
on February 6, 2014
I had read about these covers for DSLR's and before I could even decide if I want one for myself, I found this on Amazon (Amazon is like genie who keeps suggesting things of interest). Before I can blink my eye, I had this ordered.

This fits very snugly and adds some grip to my Nikon D7100. Honestly, it might take some time to get use to it as it does add bulk to your camera and even the marking for the buttons are not very clear but all this balances out when you realise how important is it to protect your costly gear. You will need to remove your horse shoe cover that came along with DSLR and slide the one thats part of this cover. Honestly it's annoying but then you get used to it.

It comes with screen guards for back lcd and top info lcd.
on December 4, 2013
If you have a camera to protect then this is a vital piece of equipment you need. I have one of these for each of my Nikon's, definitely worth the small price. This cover fits like a glove, and included the hard plastic screen protector and LCD protector. overall amazing product
on April 1, 2015
Sorry not to write earlier.....but after using for a yr.....this is the best thing I have ever bought for my camera....it improved the usability
of the Nikon 7100 to a remarkable degree....I carry this daily and live on the ocean..It made carrying so much easier when combined with
a wrist strap.I had none of the issues such as flash.....and I didn't usethe protective included screen as I like the one I had already installed...
But the bottom line was...this made my nikon 7100 worry free at the beach and while I love the camera..the Delkin skin made it better

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.