Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Alienware AX51-5722BK Desktop (Black) [Discontinued By Manufacturer]
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on October 24, 2012
Background
The AX51 is a replacement for a HP Multi Media Center Desktop that I had for about 8 years. The HP never gave me any problems but I decided I would try something different.
Arrival
There was an issue with the CPU Fan not working on arrival. I contacted Dell and they sent a Technician out to replace it free of charge within a couple of days.
Last 30 Days
I have been very happy with the PC's performance over the las 30 days. I watch Netflix and Blu Ray Movies on it and both are very clear and it is extremely fast. I am not a Gamer, but decided I would get something with a good graphics card, digital sound output and a HD capibility that was small and compact so I could sit it in my TV Stand along with my Cable Box.
Overall
I would rate this as a good buy, the CPU Fan not working was a pain but Dell acted quickly and sorted the issue out for me free of charge.
on February 25, 2013
I have recently bought the Alienware X51 to play Grand Theft Auto IV (Modded). I currently have my graphics maxed out and it runs great even with mods. (LCPDFR, Police Cars, ELS, and Few Peds and Ped Cars.) I have not attempted to run an ENB. However this is a monster of a computer compared to ones I have had before. I also have a Nvidia GT 640 in mine. Had a little trouble with Dell them selves but the issues was resolved fast. The over all computer with a GT 640 is crazy! Best computer for a nice price! Unless you build your own...
on July 20, 2012
Received this Alienware desktop today and it was dead on arrival. Would power on, but not boot up. No output to the display meant trying to troubleshoot was impossible. Stuff happens, so I decided to call Dell Support (owners of Alienware). I was informed they could not help me until I went on line to submit a transfer of ownership form that moves ownership from Amazon to me. It takes 24hrs to 48hrs for that process to complete. It also assumes that I have another way of getting online. Anyway, new computer DOA; business centric tech support (not customer centric); great news - I bought it from Amazon. Will return it for refund and buy another manufacturer's desktop.

If you buy, your experience may be different, but complete that form quickly if you want tech support.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on August 2, 2012
The AX51 is an expensive disaster. To pay almost 1000 dollars for a gaming computer you would think that you were getting something truly amazing. But instead we get a computer with really bad wifi, and a decent but not to great of a processor. And it's with the wifi where this computer fails. Out of all the computers i've owned in the last 10 something years, this by far has the worst internet connectivity. Even just doing a little bit of web surfing i would be luckly to get 4 bars! This is a major problem,especially when the vast majority of games are played online (even single player games require some kind of internet now). And hey this is suppose to be a gaming computer. I've been disconnected multiple times from SWTOR and Guild wars. Even with antivirus and firewall turned off i still have problems.

Buy this computer at your own risk. You will indeed have a cool looking box thing on your desk, but for the most part it's paperweight. Unable to perform any functions of a high quality gaming machine that a much cheaper system can perform. I guess it would get one star for the GPU, at least that's good

Go to ibuypower.com and find yourself a better computer for a better price.

Ohhh and having a company like Dell which by far is the worst in customer service doesn't help one bit!
1414 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See 1 answered question