Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,302 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,378 reviews
on November 30, 2014
Here are some basic details about the monitor you should know. This will help unsure buyers make a better purchase decision.

Screen Size: 24in Wide-Screen(viewable image size)
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080p (Native) at 60hz
Brightness: 250cd/m2
Response Time: 5ms (black to white)
Contrast Ratio: 1,000:1
Adjustability: Tilt only (roughly few degrees up and down)
Wall-Mount: 100mm Vesa
Build: Matte Black with Anti-Glare Screen (Not glossy). TN Panel

Inputs: ONLY VGA & DVI. There is no HDMI.

Now for my review. I would like to start by saying, I purchased this monitor because it is well-priced.

Don't expect high-class features on a monitor that cost $99 (when I bought it).

The build quality is decent, except for the base-stand which attaches to the monitor. It seemed kind of loose after installation, but setting the monitor on a flat surface made that "loose" feeling go away. The monitor itself is very light.

I ran a few tests on this monitor so here are the results:

(There are no labels to identify what the buttons on the monitor do, and since I don't like to read manuals, I will try my best to describe them here)

Starting from the bottom up (there are a total of 5 buttons: Power button, exit button, menu/selection button, down button, up button.

Pixel Test: No dead pixels, all colors are represented fairly accurate. The only thing I adjusted was the brightness, since the default setting was to high for me.

Gaming: No lag or ghosting despite the 5ms response time, but that's just me.

Movies: They played fine.

DVI Port: Crystal Clear. This would be the recommend port to use.

VGA Port: I don't know if it's just me, but it was almost crystal clear. There was a extremely slight blur (not as sharp) to the image being displayed. But, the image displayed was still good. I think most people wouldn't notice it.

Other: There was one minor annoyance which was the power button being lit. As another reviewer said, you have the option to turn that off which is located under the "Energy Settings" tab in the Menu selection.

Included Items: CD, Manuals, Power Cable, VGA cable.

**There is NO dvi cable included, so you have to purchase it on your own.**

Don't be discouraged by 1-star reviews.

This monitor is for people who don't want to spend a fortune on features they might not need.

Hope you give this monitor a try.
66 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon November 30, 2013
I picked up the Dell Computer E-Series E2414Hr 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor when it was on sale for $100, and for the price it has more than met my expectations. I was replacing an old 22" Samsung LCD that served me well, but has lost its brightness. Out of the box, the first thing I noticed is that the monitor includes a VGA cable, but no DVI cable. Seriously? In this time and age, who is buying a 24" 1080p HD monitor and hooking it up with a VGA cable? It would have irked me less if it hadn't included any cable. I used my old DVI cable so it wasn't really an issue, but it just bothered me.

It took me less than 5 minutes to assemble and hook the monitor up to my computer. There was no need to install the included drivers, as Windows 8.1 recognized the monitor, model, and correct settings. My monitor did not have any defects such as light bleeding or dead pixels. The default out of the box settings looked pretty good. The "standard mode" looked better than the other preset modes by far. All I did was turn the brightness and contrast up to "80" from "75", and the picture quality looked even better. Images and text are clear. Colors appear accurate. It definitely looks better than my old monitor, but that isn't saying much. I played a couple games to see if response time was an issue, and it wasn't at all. All in all, I'm very happy for what I got for the price. I'm sure you can buy a better monitor, but for $100-$120, I doubt you'll find better in this price range. I give 5+ stars for the price, and 4 stars for performance.

Pros:
Price.
24" LED Backlit 1080p screen.
Fast 5ms response time
ENERGY STAR® Qualified
Well designed and built.
Overall good image and text quality.
Accurate color.

Cons:
Not designed for high end graphics display.
Viewing angles are "fair".
Pre-set modes other than "standard" are poor.
No DVI Cable included.
1515 comments| 182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2015
Perfect addition to my three screen set up!!!
review image
on January 18, 2014
I was initially doubtful on the Hr series that started showing up on Amazon SKUs as it was being sold cheaper around November 2013, thinking they might mean "refurbished" - but happily that was not the case. I don't know why they decided on using "r" which a lot of manufacturers code their refurb products with.

I've bought a dozen of these since as they went to sale for $99 to $139 during the holidays from different vendors. Dell has gotten green on packaging - no foam on these - all cardboard. Same 3 year warranty.

H means they include a DVI cable along with VGA and AC plug
Hr or HR - no DVI cable but with VGA and AC plug

Viewing angles on these cheap LCD panels are not great - but managers actually DESIRE these screens as it offers limited angle viewing so they don't necessarily require additional 3M privacy screens on top.

Fonts at 1080 are just right with this sized screen, and are sharp to my eyes compared to the more expensive P series. Great for workplace upgrades at a cheaper pricepoint - and excellent Dell chat replacement process for warranty at support.dell.com
33 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2015
Nice monitor~ Good value for money.
review image
on December 3, 2014
Dell Products are like strong and sturdy trucks.
If you feel like driving a sedan, you'd better consider other brands.
Compared to my Acer monitor, this is much thicker and much heavier, but I absolutely like it.
on January 10, 2015
I purchased this for a PC-based outdoor security camera system at home. Though PC based, I use it as a standalone DVR for this purpose and the monitor was literally plug and play right out of the box for this application. Like others have mentioned, the factory set "brightness" is a bit too bright but this and all other adjustments are easy to make. The overall UI is very user friendly. The buttons themselves unfortunately are all black making them hard to see on the black frame. I took a very slender script brush and painted a thin line of white nail enamel on top of each one in order that I might see them rather than having to feel around for them. Wish they had used silver buttons here. It the difference between using a keyboard that isn't backlit versus having one that is IMHO.

The stand is very solid and sturdy though I didn't wind up using it. I was replacing a burnt out monitor that I had wall mounted with a Peerless 10-24" mount. The VESA mounting pattern is 100M x 100M on this monitor as well as on my mount, BUT the aperture on the back of this monitor is RECESSED so I had to order some longer screws and some spacers in order to continue to use the Peerless Mount already on the wall. Not a big deal and it worked out perfectly. Better than replastering the wall, re-drilling new holes and buying a new mount. Besides I rather like Peerless Mounts. They're heavy duty solid metal, well made and come with a variety of hardware. So if your looking to wall mount this just be aware that the mounting area is recessed by approximately 1/4" plus maybe a 1/16" more. You will want the spacers to fill in that area and a longer screw to match for a good solid attachment. The back of this monitor is also slightly curved which likely explains why the mounting area is recessed.

It does not come with speakers but a sound bar is available. You can look that up on Amazon. It also has several pre-set picture modes to choose from or you can customize your own.

I didn't have any pixel problems. No cracks or dents anywhere. You can also adjust for how the picture fits the screen whether widescreen, regular, to the left or the right. Though not a high end graphics monitor, for my application it does what I needed it to do and it does so with Dell's usually good quality. The actual CCTV monitors I looked at that are perfectly square in dimensions were all significantly smaller in size and significantly higher in cost. I couldn't see paying that for yet another smaller monitor when I in fact needed a larger one. This one allows me the latitude to display in a size of my choosing without compromising the output.

Overall, a very sleek looking $119.00 monitor that feels solid and performs as expected. Beautiful color, clear picture and text. The difference between watching my cameras on a 17" versus a 24" has been amazing. I had literally forgotten what larger might mean! And the zoom capability on my DVR and cameras makes it even more so. For security and identification purposes, this monitor is working very well for me.

I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good quality basic monitor where very, very high end graphic applications really aren't a major necessity to either your work or your play.
on January 18, 2014

H means they include a DVI cable along with VGA and AC plug
Hr or HR - no DVI cable but with VGA and AC plug

Viewing angles on these cheap LCD panels are not great - but managers actually DESIRE these screens as it offers limited angle viewing so they don't necessarily require privacy screens on top.

Fonts at 1080 are just right with this sized screen, and are sharp. Great for workplace upgrades at a cheaper pricepoint - and excellent Dell chat replacement process for warranty at support.dell.com
on December 4, 2013
Ordered this knowing not to expect the best quality but got way better quality than I expected. The default settings aren't very good and changing the settings is a little finicky. Such as changing the hue one point at a time will cause all sorts of different warmness settings at every single different number. But once you find a setup that you like, it looks great. I only wish it had individual red green blue level adjustment which it does not.

The body itself and the button controls all feel like they're made from very cheap plastic, but you don't handle it very much so that doesn't really matter. The base though is made out of solid metal.

I didn't notice any problems with viewing the monitor at different angles and at full 1080p the thing is super crisp. It seems to support a really wide range of resolutions so there's no problem there.

The only problem I've had is that the VGA cable that comes with it is also cheap and provides very faint ghosting and the monitor DOES NOT come with a DVI cable which the manual seems to suggest. So now I'm waiting on one in the mail.

If I'd paid the normal asking price of $229 I might give it a couple stars lower, but hell, you can't beat brand name with this sort of deal.
on April 29, 2015
I have always liked Dell monitors; they have always great performers. I ordered two of them for a home office setup. Both of them arrived without any damage to the boxes. I knew in advance that they did not include DVI cables, only VGA, so that wasn't an issue. I had spare cables anyway. The monitors were quick and easy to set up. The default settings already looked good, but I turned the brightness down to 50 (from the default 75). Your tastes may vary.

The only thing I could possibly complain about would be that the power indicator on the bottom right corner is quite bright. Since I just leave the monitor on, and let it go to power save, I covered the indicator with a small piece of electrical tape, and voila, no more problem. But I wouldn't subtract a star for it, maybe a quarter star.

I've only had these monitors for 4 days, so of course I can't attest to long term issues, but so far I'm liking these monitors!