Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on October 17, 2017
Thanks
on April 2, 2017
excellent, I am happy with the Dell Laser Multifunction Printer
on November 3, 2017
Presently pleased with the purchase...shipped ok...working as expected!
on October 15, 2017
Great buy easy to set up. nice quality printing!
on December 15, 2016
Super easy to set up and moderately fast printing... A deal for the money
on January 11, 2017
Easy to set up.. plug and use
on June 28, 2016
A low quality product. Hard to install drivers. The drivers did not install on MAC 10.6
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on October 29, 2015
This printer is a copy of a Brother model, and the toner is less expensive for the Brother. I got this model at a too good to be true price, or I probably would have gotten the Brother one for that reason. That's also why I rate this printer as 4 stars. The E514DW is different from the E515DW only in that it does not have fax capabilities or numbers on the control panel (mostly used for faxing). The printer works as a laser printer is expected, and the scanner is adequate both for the copying tasks and for any digitizing that an average home or home office user might have. The toner cartridges can be replaced with Brother replacements with some modifications that can be discovered via Google. Toner comes in the form of a 700 page starter cartridge.

Wireless setup was harder than it should have been, but it was far easier than the first wireless printers I owned. The printer will present a list of wireless SSIDs it sees, and passcode entry is accomplished by the up and down buttons on the control panel. I have not tried any mobile device printing, but it is said to be much more stable on this model than it was on the Samsung printer it will be replacing in my home. It's not a bad machine at all to have.
28 helpful votes
29 helpful votes
44 comments|Report abuse
on March 23, 2017
Ok, this is a pretty good little printer for the money, and I am happy with it. But it has an issue- a driver issue. I solved it, so here is how I did it, for anyone who is curious.

I am on windows 10. A lot of manufacturers were not so pleased about Microsoft offering 10 for free, so they aren't in any kind of hurry to put out drivers. On top of that, I bet this guy was originally using and XP driver or something. It's not cutting edge tech. Sooooooo- Windows will not find your driver for you, which is the easy way.

So you go to Dell. Go to their website, go to service. It asks for a service tag, thats on the printer on the back. Its might also be in the manual somewhere. Its like 7 digits. when you enter it it tells you that your warranty is expired (at least mine was) bummer. Go to downloads, download the driver. When you do, its a zip folder. It shows up whereever you download to, probably the download folder in your file explorer. It does not download with a normal zip folder icon. Mine looked like a library or something. Weird. Right click it and select extract. It will default to creating another folder in your downloads file, so do that, its fine. Remember the name, and go to it. Select your printer model, in this case the E514DW in a folder in there, it has an exe program in it.

Now I would suggest having the printer connected to your PC either with the wire or wifi at this point. Mine kept dropping wifi and I had to keep signing it back in, that was the issue for me. When I ran that exe I was connected though, and I say that because the printer updated as soon as I ran it. Clearly my PC was doing that. If its not connected... that ain't gonna happen. It can be connected through wifi by going on the printer to the network menu, WLAN, setup wizard- then pick your network, then enter the password.

Run the exe. you get a setup wizard. We all love wizards. After that it worked fine. Only took me like 3 hours, 5 different wifi sign ins, attempting to log on to the IP, blah blah blah blah blah.

When you search the printer through settings on windows 10, it will install a Dell print app, and you want that. It scans through that app pretty slick like. You put your scan on the glass, open the app, go to scan, run the scan... its pretty sweet. Like I said, its an older model, but I like the printer. Just do all of these things. And probably 10 more because every machine is a little different. If you didnt understand half of what I just said, get a different printer, and probably get someone to install it for you.

Thanks!
12 helpful votes
13 helpful votes
on April 14, 2017
Dell E514DW Laser Multi-function Printer!

Just got this printer! Easy setup!

For WiFi Printing - 1) Setup the printer the first time, then 2) Start the Dell install disk, select Setup, then select Wireless - then install with your router password.

WiFi works GREAT - Flawless!

Prints clear and FAST! Scans are GREAT! Software has Toner Saver option, which helps! Monochrome only - no problem here!

Note: The "Dell Printer Hub" software that installs from the disk, is dated and might give you a bit of trouble. I un-installed it, and instead I am using the newer "Dell Document Hub" software which is available online and also available for your smartphones and tablets.

- FAST secure shipping! Awesome product! GREAT Price! Thanks!
4 helpful votes