Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
I purchased this computer as a gift for a family member in my household who was looking to replace a Dell that was close to 5 years old. Given how fast technology changes these days, that's practically a dinosaur. From reviews she'd read on Windows 8, she didn't think she would like it, so I had to find one that came with Windows 7. This seemed to be a good choice since it has the Intel Core i5-3330 Processor 3GHz with Turbo Boost and a 1 TB 7200 RPM hard drive. (Sheesh, it wasn't all that long ago that I wondered what I would ever need a whole 365 MB hard drive for! Can you imagine?) It also comes with 8GB DDR3-1600 SDRAM/16x DVDRW Drive/8-in-1 Media Card Reader and it has these ports:
Ports in Back:
(4) USB 3.0, HDMI, VGA, RJ-45 (10/100/1000 Ethernet), 3-stack audio jacks supporting 5.1 surround sound
Ports in Front:
(2) USB 2.0, MCR 8:1, Mic and Headphone Jacks

It was easy to set up and feels very fast. She had been using Windows XP previously and is liking Windows 7 so far. When I switched to 7 from XP a year or so ago, I thought it was an easy move, similar but better. I think this computer was well priced as Dell's usually are, and except for one, we've had pretty good luck with them in the past. Given that computers are outdated so quickly these days, I no longer feel like spending a couple thousand dollars on the "newest and bestest" only to be tempted by another "newest and nearest" a year from now. And with the capabilities of the tablets getting so much better and more and more software and content moving to the clouds, desktops and even laptops will likely soon be replaced by them for many applications.
on October 22, 2013
this is the fourth dell computer i've bought over the years and they all worked well. I had my last one for 6 years then the power supply went out , so I just bought another one. I use it at home for everyday tasks. So far this one works great
on January 24, 2014
Installing soft ware and got a fatal error. Sent for new hard drive which was sent slow boat. USPS had to call a second time to get the hard drive shipped. Paid a second time to install software. System is up and running. Just glad I bought 4 year extended warranty.
on January 26, 2014
I upgraded from a very old XP system and am very happy with the Windows 7. Still learning all the extra perks I have now but the speed is terrific.
on February 21, 2014
I was a bit surprised to find that this desktop computer is so BIG. It's a Dell, but the case does not reflect the quality of othe Dell desktops I have had in the past. It seems to be a barebones compute;, plastic case. In fact it so big that I am planning to get a bracket to mount it under the desk. It is fast, had a huge hard drive and I have no complaints about how it works so far. Just seems a little less well made that I was expecting.
on May 10, 2014
The purchase of this computer was the best choice I could find .we had some problems with the wrong soft ware how ever it was resolved seller was helpful and didn't give up until it was fixed.The computer is fast as I surmised rely Happy Happy Happy.
on May 14, 2014
The Dell desktop has met my expectations so far, windows 7 is definitely an improvement. The only issue I have experienced was with the usb connections on the front panel, it was almost as if they were not quite aligned with the openings, but a little work and the are now working great, shipping was quick and we are happy with the product.
on January 30, 2014
Dell always delivers and this model is no exception. Was easy to set up and has given excellent service thus far.
on February 2, 2014
When I bought it to get one of the last remaining Windows 7 CPUs and replace my 5 year old Vista CPU, I did not realize until I got it that it had been made the same year as my old one and had probably been sitting in a warehouse. The hard drive quickly froze. Dell was good enough to send a tech to replace the hard drive (and motherboard out of courtesy without me even asking), but I wish I had know that in the first place. seems to be working ok now.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.