Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 44 reviews
on February 18, 2015
Edit:

Now I've been using this laptop for full time work for over a year. Still running strong- handled the Windows 10 upgrade and 3 other software upgrades with no problems. I travel with it on occasion and it's pretty heavy for carrying after a while, but I don't do that often. I notice that it's been discontinued. Just out of date?

~~~~~

I've been using this laptop just about 6 weeks short of a year. More extensively (8 hours a day, 5 days a week) for the past 3 months. I use Classic Shell, which makes Win 8 a breeze. I also use a secondary monitor from Asus and I've also supplemented my setup with a subscription to Microsoft Office. Mostly I use Office, CorelDraw and Adobe CS on it and I couldn't be happier. None of those bothersome crashes that are supposed to happen so often with graphic software on PCs. I'm one of those freak graphic designers who works on a PC rather than Apple.

The computer is fast, the graphics are sufficient to my needs, and it's light and easily portable. I'd like to get a travel monitor now that I'm used to the two monitor set up so I can work away from home without sacrificing any efficiency. Which is what I was window (ha! Window!) shopping for when I decided to write this review.

I have a mouse, keyboard, Wacom tablet, speakers, and the extra monitors all hooked up externally to this little laptop and it's a tank, I'm telling you. I also bought the 3 year accidental insurance policy for this item because you never know, but I'm very happy with the purchase and I'd recommend it.
VINE VOICEon October 25, 2014
bought this 5 months ago, and now writing review, after 5 mos this baby is a smoking fast!! the terabyte harddrive is great, as I had a t.b. h.d. on my desktop and consider it to be adequate. the amount of RAM is just great.
Let me say this computer starts up lightening fast, shuts down same fast. Has great wifi capability. dvd drive works flawlessly.
has a slot for SD chips, and 4 slots for HDMI (3 on left and one on right). I do not use the touchpad but a wireless mouse as am a bit old fashioned.

the laptop is extremely THIN and LIGHTWEIGHT. screen is bright and has great color and resolution (I use the laptop keyboard and the built in screen all the time). keyboard is great and responsive.

to summarize, my opinion of the BEST features: fast on and off, extremely good amount of RAM and hard drive for home use, very lightweight and thin. and did I mention how fast this baby is? even on the web...it pulls up websites in record time, like I have moved 20 yrs into the future.
on June 19, 2017
The laptop battery did not work.

It was a defective product.

I was very angry and sad.
on May 13, 2014
The computer arrived in a timely fashion, which was quite nice. It came in the original packaging with all the cables. I had some questions for the sender and they responded back quickly with helpful information which was ideal. The computer worked perfectly. I recommend this computer to anyone who is looking for an affordable yet high grade laptop.
on June 10, 2014
Good computer deal,but win 8 is not for me. Very confusing, if you know win 7, win 8 will confuse you. I found that having 2 different programs in your business is very frustrating.....just creates another problem at work.......changed new computer back to win 7. So far so good.....
on August 30, 2016
Multiple issues, fixed under warranty twice (motherboard and power supply), hard drive failed after 2.5 years of daily use. Not worth the money.
on October 8, 2014
Lots of problems came out just after three months. I can't even turn it off normally. The system just said that some caused the laptop restart, again and again. I bought this because of my friend's suggestion. I thought Dell has good products, I guess I am wrong. Won't buy laptop from Dell again.
on April 13, 2014
I'm completely happy with this Laptop. It's taking me a while to adjust to Windows 8, but the laptop itself is fast and efficient. Very sleek and great quality.
on August 23, 2015
I really like this laptop. It is fast and the keys and touch pad are well laid out. I really hated windows 8, so glad I was able to find a program to give me back my classic windows desktop.
on April 9, 2014
It's a light weight fully functional laptop. Price worth for the configuration. Thanks for the product. Shipped in time. I recommend this.