Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 63 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 70 reviews
on December 17, 2013
I love the look,feel and touch of this little machine.

It feels like a very sturdy built laptop and not like some that feels like cheap plastic. I am very happy with my purchase.
I could do away with win8 but I can live with it. Only downside I have with it is the preinstalled mcafee antivirus program. Can't stand it.

12/27/13
Okay so after having it for more than 2 weeks I've come to the conclusion that this laptop is just grand.
Start up without the ssd not being in it well not as quick but darn if I can tell the difference sometimes. As I said before not to keen on win8 but I'm still working out all of its functions , So only time will tell if I truly get it. Still this mighty little machine runs the programs I throw at it and laughs.
Downside really seem minimal but I'd say the non existing back lighting on the key board would help if it had it. And I'm not to sure but the screen seems to look kind of fuzzy from time to time , But that may just my vision.
Overall so far it is a really decent machine for the price, But could be even better if you find it on sale.

Thank You for taking the time to read my review. Still a 5 out of 5 rating from me.
77 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2014
To be clear, I got this laptop for $100 less than the price I see at the time of this review so it made it an even greater bargain. It's also important to note that this was a replacement for my seven year old laptop that was still running Vista.... so this laptop had a pretty easy time impressing me. It boots quickly. It opens programs quickly. It runs beautifully, even when I have multiple programs open. This is a work computer so I'm not expecting to run games, or stream videos on it, so it's doing everything I need it to do, and well. It handled the upgrade to 8.1 Pro flawlessly (so I could have BitLocker among other things) and the keyboard is very responsive. I wasn't sure about the full numeric keypad at first, thinking it would feel weird "typing to the left", but I adjusted to it quickly enough.

My only gripes are
1) I miss the lit keyboard I had on my previous Dell Inspiron
2) The built quality on this one doesn't feel as solid as my previous one. It feels more "delicate" in several ways. There are also times that, if I place too much weight in certain areas with my hands or fingers, it impacts how the keyboard or track pad respond.
3) The one thing I don't like about the numeric keypad is how it impacted the placement of the delete, page up/down, and End keys. I used to be able to get to these without even looking. Now it's a bit of a pain

On a much more minor note, I also miss the custom cover my old laptop came with and was disappointed to see that Dell discontinued that. The brushed, dark finish of this laptop is pretty nice, however.
on December 12, 2013
Been using this laptop for a week now and the config has been impressive. I am now able to use my laptop for all my multimedia purposes without any noise and heat being generated when running the apps.
on July 22, 2014
Good purchase for the price. All of the specs provide a fast and enjoyable experience. The laptop looks and feels like a quality product. Typing and display are a pleasure and the processor is extremely fast. The wireless network adapter has cause absolutely no issues and the battery life is surprising long. The only negative is the onboard video card, that hampers performance significantly and cannot be replaced. This will not provide a good gaming experience but you would have to pay a lot more to get better. I would recommend this highly.
on December 22, 2014
This laptop is going in for a system board replacement, the 3rd one in less than a year. First problem was with the wired and wireless NICs, neither were seen by the system and the system board replacement corrected that. Second and third failures were a totally dead system, power light comes on and stays on but no activity. I asked the Dell tech if the laptop could be replaced because of the multiple failures and was told "not at this time."

All told, I've been without the laptop for 4-5 weeks while it's in for repair. There seems to be a big difference between Dell business and consumer computers as I've had no issues with the business line.
on April 14, 2014
The amazon person that i talk to me was terrible?
This is the second time i call. The first time was nice, quick, nice, and simple. The second time took forever was annoying.

pro: It look good with nice spec

con:It freeze constantly like the pic i uploaded. the screen acted funny. sometime it goes to sleep really fast and i have to push the power button to turn on the pc or when i push the power button to wake it it power down.

The model they send me was 5537 which sucks. It have only 1 star on the list of dell laptops.
I will reorder it, in hope they sent me the right one. If they don't i will gave up on shopping with amazon and buy my pc for bestbuy or office deport.
review image
on January 21, 2014
The DELL computer is nice. The battery gives quite a long operating time compared to my other laptop. The only problem I have is learning Windows 8. It appears that is was made as a toy not for business. Microsoft messed up big time on this. They had a good thing with XP but haven't really had a good operating system sense. If they want to get back in the game they better come up with a system that favors business.
on December 7, 2014
It has Toshiba hard drive which occupies 100% of disk space even when no programs are running. Even when the processor and CPU usage is low system takes too much of time to copy files just because the disk space is utilized 100 %.

As soon as you get this item try to copy a Photo/Video folder to another location and check its performance.
on March 17, 2014
For the price this product is total waste of money. It is heavy. On the site this computer is described as lighter comparatively to Dells' other laptops. It is super slow even with i7 processor. I was expecting to be fast but it takes about 30-40 seconds to open a page . Window 8 changes your page while you are workign on it. It is very annoying.
on February 27, 2014
I bought this laptop for educational purposes and am satisfied. The first model I got was creating some strange noise on idle state. But it was promptly replaced by Amazon and the new model works perfectly fine. If you want a hardcore gaming laptop, then this is not for you. Otherwise, it gives good performance at a great price.