Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dell Ultra slim S2230MX 21.5-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on September 19, 2012
Pros: Full HD 1920x1080 resolution shows great detail, text and images are crisp and clear, anti-glare coating is very effective and reduces eye strain, fast 2ms grey-to-grey response eliminates ghost images in fast moving images, DVI to HMDI adapter is included with package, slim and attractive appearance, LED-lit design uses less energy and lasts longer than other LCD back lights, low power design runs very cool compared to 26" LCD on my workstation.

Cons: The included DVI to HMDI adapter sticks out too far and does not face downward which causes extra gap when placing this up against a wall or panel, no VESA connections for alternate mounting on wall/monitor stand, the anti-glare coating saps a bit of color "pop" from images, the stand is somewhat wobbly and has no height adjustment

Conclusion: This unit is an excellent value in a general use monitor for my child to do school work, surf the web, create digital art and play an occasional game. It simply would not work for anyone who wants to use a wall or stand mount. Photo editors wanting truer colors on a budget should consider the excellent value of a Dell U2412m e-IPS display instead. Yes, I would recommend this monitor to a friend and/or buy it again. No, I do NOT work for or receive compensation from Dell in any way. If this information was helpful, please click "Yes" below. Thanks!
on June 22, 2012
Have mine for a week now. Nice monitor, set it up using c-nets calibrations. Pros: Easy to set up and use, nice bright picture, fantastic looking games, fast 2ms response, low power consumption.
Cons:Rather flimsy stand. Only tilt no hight adjustment. For the price you can't beat it.
on May 17, 2012
The screen is very nice and very wide. It looks a lot wider proportionally in person than in the pictures. I have no big complaints with the screen, although it is very simple. It has 4 touch buttons at the bottom that control menus, and a touch power button, all of which are very responsive. The stand is simple but looks nice, takes up little room, and is sturdy. The screen only has the two ports on the back, and a power input. Overall a very simple, clean cut product that I would recommend especially for the price.
on August 16, 2012
Purchased this place of a similar IPS monitor for faster response time. All the other monitors within this price range had vibrant, clipped colors. Not this monitor - in fact from a percecptual standpoint, this monitor conveyed CIE spectrum remarkably well. The purple line wavelengths appear really balanced. Monitors cannot produce short wavelengths and instead generate them by combining red and blue. Many LCDs will gravitate towards the extremes to "round off" purples. Again not this monitor when set on the "standard" preset. But that's besides the point here... what did I want to say?

This monitor is so easy on the eyes of one who suffers from astigmatism. It's been worth the extra cost.
on July 12, 2012
For the price (less than $150.00), this is a very good monitor. The picture is bright and clear although with a slight (almost unseen) color/light saturation along the edges. Setup is a breeze with easy monitor adjustment controls allowing for varied viewing conditions. It has a 2ms response (pixel color change) capability for better response for fast gaming situations although unnoticeable in most instances. This monitor is very thin using minimal space. The stand is a bit lightweight allowing for only tilt ability...no up/down. Still, a good setup altogether.

Overall, this really is a nice monitor...very capable and sufficient for most viewing needs. Again, for the price, this monitor can't be beat!
VINE VOICEon November 11, 2012
I'm using this monitor as a 2nd monitor on my 2011 iMac. It works great and the picture is clear! I do a lot of work in Adobe Illustrator and some programming in Perl and R, so having a 2nd monitor is a big help. A quality monitor is a big asset especially when doing work in Illustrator and R. I'm very pleased with the picture on this monitor.

TIP FOR MAC USERS: I found the colors a bit washed out (under-saturated) using the factory settings. I changed the brightness and contrast settings on the monitor to something more pleasing, then finished the calibration using a custom color display profile (found in the Displays section of System Preferences). It now closely matches the brightness, contrast, and saturation of my built-in iMac monitor.

Just a few cons, considering this is a budget monitor:

1. DVI cable is not included. I had to purchase one separately when I discovered that one did not come with this monitor. DVI is a bit better at faithfully reproducing colors and minimizing artifacts produced by analog VGA connections. To most people, it's not a big deal. If you use graphics software frequently, such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, it does matter. Plan on buying one.

2. Monitor stand only tilts slightly. Be prepared to get a monitor stand that suits your needs. There is very little position adjustment that can be done with the built-in stand.

3. No built-in speakers or USB. Not a big deal in my case, but maybe something others would consider to save space in their office setup.
on October 7, 2012
I usually don't review products because most products already have so many reviews on them. This one however is lacking in reviews which made me doubtful about purchasing it. I found some reviews on the dell website but I wasn't sure how accurate those were; but I decided to still give this monitor a try and I'm glad I did. This is by far the best monitor I have used! I have two of these set up (both of which I purchased from amazon) for my gaming/hpc rig. I've been using them for a few months now and haven't had any problems. They both arrived in great condition and the image quality on these monitors is superb! I have them both setup using DVI cables and these monitors were really easy to setup. If I ever need another monitor, I'll definitely buy this one again. It makes for an excellent gaming, productivity and general use monitor (buy two to get a much better experience)!
on March 18, 2013
I really like this monitor, a good improvement over the 6 year old 19" tv I was using as a monitor for my computer. I love that the resolution is a full 1920x1080, and it is a very sleek looking piece of hardware. I haven't found the bottom to be to spindly so as to not support it well enough, in fact I've knocked the table quite a few times and never worried about it tipping or wobbling a lot. The problem I do have is if I adjust the colors at all to anything besides 100 100 100 I get a purple blur on black text that scrolls against a white background. Quite annoying if I try to adjust the colors to give it less of a green tint. Other than that, it's a pretty solid little monitor.
on February 20, 2013
Really like this monitor. Very nice how slim it is; very good quality. The only comments:

- Don't use with VGA cable; lot of noise
- HDMI or Displayport (use adapters) works great!
- initial (dynamic) setting turns out to be annoying with pictures etc. I would turn that off... Find a right scheme, and you're good to go.
- Like more people say; it is not really sturdy on it's foot. I ended up letting it lean against my laptop, which makes it fine. It is no concern of it tipping over, but gets a little shaky when you hit the desk.
on March 21, 2013
I bought two of these monitors to connect to a Dell docking station. The set up easily, and look nice. Everything works as it was intended to. My only issue is that the plastic frame around the outside of the monitor pulls away from the screen a little as they're being handled. It doesn't impact performance at all, and now that it's set up, it will likely never be an issue, but it made me worry about the overall quality of the product.