Top positive review
55 people found this helpful
Great quality, excellent picture, a few missing features that I'd like to see
on February 4, 2016
I have been impressed with the picture quality from day one with this monitor. Everything looks crisper and more vibrant than either of my previous monitors (both of which were reasonably good quality). The sound is very good for built-in monitor speakers, and the dual HDMI ports have been handy for switching between two computers. Note that one of the 24" variants only has a single HDMI port; make sure you know which one you're looking at if that matters to you.
One other plus: it was very easy to setup right out of the box; I was almost able to do it with one hand.
That said, there are several things that prevented me from giving this monitor 5 stars:
- Limited adjustments of the stand; it tilts forward and backward, but that's it. No height adjustment at all.
- The buttons are a bit awkward, on the bottom of the bezel and hard to see at all. You basically use them by feel, which is ok, but slightly cumbersome.
- I wish it were easier to switch between the inputs. It takes 3-4 button presses and it's not at all convenient. If there is an easier way, it's not easy to figure out because of the awkward buttons.
A couple other things I wish I had recognized when purchasing (my fault for not reading the specs carefully enough):
- The stand only works in landscape mode. I guess a curved monitor might not work well in portrait anyways, but I hadn't considered that when I bought it. I like the ability with my old monitor to swivel it when I needed more vertical screen space.
- I miss the extra pixels that I used to have with my 1920x1200 monitors (vs. 1920x1080 for this one). It seems that the latter is the more common aspect ratio nowadays, but I do miss those extra pixels.
All in all, a very solid monitor, with great picture quality and generally well-built. If the caveats I mentioned above don't bother you, I'd strongly recommend it.