|Screen Size||24 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
Dell ST2421L 24-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Slim and elegant design. With its slim depth and high-gloss front bezel that complements your desktop, the ST2421L is a stylish monitor designed to fit most home environments. Elegant, functional and built for maximum comfort, its tilt-adjustability feature has a panel tilt of 4° forward and 21° backward. You'll also be amazed by the intuitive touch controls and the beautiful lit bottom front bezel when the monitor is on.
- This highly efficient LCD panel is both mercury and arsenic free. The LED backlight complies with the stringent environmental standard, ENERGY STAR 5.0, to help you lower energy consumption without sacrificing performance.
- Master performer Transform any room in your house into center stage and enjoy action-packed entertainment in addition to stunning picture quality.Energy efficient - designed with LED backlight to comply with environmental standard, ENERGY STAR 5.0, to help you lower energy consumption. Quality that's measured - with an estimated 7,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, you’re able to experience the outstanding contrast and intricate detail delivered through richer and deeper blacks. Brighten up your world - illuminate your desktop experience with a brightness level of 250cd/m2 (typical). Enriched in color -enjoy more crisp and vibrant graphics with a depth of 16.7 million colors. No more glare- cut out unwanted reflections with antiglare coating.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enjoy a perfect picture viewing with this Dell ST2421L Widescreen LED LCD Monitor! This LED monitor offers a big and bright 24-inch screen size with a high definition 1920 x 1080 resolution, 7,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio and a 250 cd/m2 brightness. Enjoy crisp and clear images of fast motion video with the speedy 5 ms response time. Get a great view of everything thanks to the 170 horizontal and 160 vertical viewing angles! With HDMI, DVI with HDCP and VGA ports, you can choose your connection! This monitor includes two 3.5 mm audio jacks for connecting external speakers. Watch movies, play games and edit photos in true cinematic picture quality with this 24-inch Dell ST2421L 1080p Widescreen LED LCD Monitor! Order now!
From the Manufacturer
Dell ST2421L 24" Full HD Monitor with LED: Picture perfect.
Take your multimedia viewing experience to another level with the ST2421L full HD monitor with LED. This 24" widescreen display is an optimum choice for cinematic quality and makes watching movies, playing games and photo editing an amazing experience.
- Cinematic picture quality with 1920x1080 full HD resolution and fast response time of 5ms
- Energy-efficient performance and ENERGY STAR 5.0 compliance
- Easily connects to desktops, laptops and gaming consoles (cables sold separately)
- Elegantly designed with a slim depth and stylish look
Home is where the action is
The new Dell™ ST2421L 24" widescreen full HD monitor with LED delivers true cinematic picture quality with a 16:9 aspect ratio and excellent color contrast (estimated dynamic contrast ratio of 8,000,000:1). Give your movies, videos and games the big-screen attention they deserve with clear 1920 x 1080 full HD resolution and true-to-life picture quality.
Slim and elegant design
With its slim depth and high-gloss front bezel that complements your desktop, the ST2421L is a stylish monitor designed to fit most home environments. Elegant, functional and built for maximum comfort, its tilt-adjustability feature has a panel tilt of 4° forward and 21° backward. You'll also be amazed by the intuitive touch controls and the beautiful lit bottom front bezel when the monitor is on.
The ST2421L monitor was designed for the environmentally conscious user. This highly efficient LCD panel is both mercury and arsenic free. The LED backlight complies with the stringent environmental standard, ENERGY STAR 5.0, to help you lower energy consumption without sacrificing performance.
Choose your connection
Enjoy the convenience of digital and analog connectivity options. Seamlessly connect the ST2421L to your desktops, laptops and gaming consoles with HDMI, DVI (HDCP) and VGA analog ports. (Cables sold separately.)
Transform any room in your house into center stage and enjoy action-packed entertainment in addition to stunning picture quality.
- Energy efficient — designed with LED backlight to comply with environmental standard, ENERGY STAR 5.0, to help you lower energy consumption
- Quality that's measured — with an estimated 8,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, you're able to experience the outstanding contrast and intricate detail delivered through richer and deeper blacks.
- Brighten up your world — illuminate your desktop experience with a brightness level of 250cd/m2 (typical).
- Enriched in color — enjoy more crisp and vibrant graphics with a depth of 16.7 million colors.
- No more glare — cut out unwanted reflections with antiglare coating.
Top Customer Reviews
Well, this might be a good example of "in store" versus "in home" performance.
Setting up the monitor was a breeze, it looks decent and has a neat LED glow under the logo, which is tasteful. The On Screen Menu is easy to use, and while I usually hate touch buttons, these seem to work very well.
The issue is, once I turned it on and starting staring at it, it just didn't seem like the same awesome display I had seen. I really think that this monitor is tuned to look best in really well lit fluorescent Staples like stores! In a home with less or natural light pouring in, I could see where one reviewer criticized its "washed out" look. After playing around for awhile, I figured out what to do.
Primarily, either through windows, or through your ATI or NVidia control panels, you should re-calibrate the image. The main thing to do is cut the Gamma levels, which are way too high out of the box. I dropped mine through the ATI panel literally as far as it would let me. I would have gone further, but didn't feel like screwing around. Then, I set brightness to about 90, and contrast to around 60-70. If you have no idea what I am talking about, don't buy this monitor for the home.
If you do know what I am talking about, know that after this little bit of tweaking, the colors popped a bit more, and overall appearance improved. This is no miracle fix, as you get what you pay for, but overall I think I will be happy in the long run. The image seems evenly lit, no dead pixels, and while black levels and contrast are inferior to even a basic HDTV, this is what I am used to. My monitors are always cheap.
Good, tilting stand, overall attractive
Easy to use menus
Good image post-tuning (cut the Gamma!)
Probably perfect for an office type environment
Great price / resolution / size
Now a bit of an older model, and LCDs are getting better all the time
Really lousy image out of box (at home)
Has audio and HDMI inputs, but I get no use from this yet
Dell customer service - heaven help you if you need it
I would not use this monitor to edit photos or do serious graphics or movie watching. For routine tasks, gaming, and surfing the web, its great. People that expect their monitor to look perfect out of the box may want to steer clear.
This is a must buy.
It's January 2013 and it stopped working!
They won't let me return it!
If you are going to buy anything electronics through Amazon, Buy SquareTrade!
Worth buying in case something like this happens.
Installation was a snap. The HDMI cable is the only we had to hook up. Set up was easy and we were up in running in no time! I have NO complaints about our choice. The screen is adjustable and the picture quality is phenomenal - making it perfect for everyday use as well as gaming and viewing movies.
so when I became a contractor and had to buy my own equipment, I was willing to compromise on the price. I bought one of these and had a dual monitor setup with a 19" 4:3 ultrasharp (Dell 1907) next to it, for a while.
The colors aren't quite the same. These have a little more yellow saturation by default. But there are a lot of options for adjusting the RGB settings along with the contrast and brightness, so you can tweak it. But I'm a sys-admin, not an artist or web designer, so I leave it stock and it works for me.
The base is fixed. So it doesn't go up or down or rotate 90 degrees, but it does tilt back and forth.
This monitor will accept a dell speaker bar, though you need to use an AC adapter for the speaker bar, as it doesn't have the 5V connector built into the monitor.
All-in-all I was so happy with the price and overall performance that I bought a second one and when I can put my new desk together, if I have enough room, I will buy a 3rd because they are a good quality and you get a nice looking, pretty high resolution screen for the money.
I'm also happy to report that the 2nd monitor has an identical color profile to the first which was purchased 3 months prior. So if you are buying a couple of these for side-by-side use, out of the box they were identical. I've had monitors in the past that are the same make, model and year, but have different color profiles.
bottom-line: If you are a graphic designer or need extremely accurate color pallets, then you will need to spend more money for an ultrasharp-class monitor. But for most people, this will fit the bill and give you good bang for your buck.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
See the Top Rated Monitors in our Monitor Reviews.