|Screen Size||24 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1200|
|National Stock Number||7025-01-624-9495|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$279.98 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 24-inch LED-backlit screen (1920x1200) 60Hz,16:10 widescreen aspect ratio, 16.78 million colors
- 2 Million:1 (typical) high dynamic contrast ratio, 8ms response time with overdrive gray to gray
- 115mm of height adjustability with the option to tilt, swivel and rotate for optimal viewing angles
- 1x DVI-D port, 1x display port, 1x VGA port, 1x USB 2.0 upstream port, 4x USB downstream ports
- DC power connector for Dell soundbar, 38 W (typical) / 72 W (maximum) power consumption
There is a newer model of this item:
|Product Alert: IPS (In-Plane-Switching) is a technology for LCD displays that offers users wider viewing angles and bolder colors by allowing more light to pass through the panel. As a result, IPS panels can exhibit a slight glow around the edges and corners (also known as light bleed), which is entirely normal.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Central Home & Tech||Go4Computers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Display Size||24 inches||24 inches||24 inches||23.8 inches|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1920 x 1200||1920 x 1200 Pixels||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080 Pixels|
|Item Weight||16.09 pounds||13.97 pounds||7.95 pounds||17.87 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" Monitor
Great performance, no matter how you look at itEnjoy widescreen performance, any way you want it. With a 24", IPS technology and LED backlight, the U2412M provides a brilliant view, plus amazing adjustability to suit any style.
- Powerful: Experience IPS technology, featuring a wide viewing angle with high-quality color representation for a peerless viewing experience.
- Flexible: Pick the view that works best for you with an almost unlimited range of tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustments.
- Customizable: Change your energy usage settings, text brightness and color temperature with the touch of a button to help conserve energy with this eco-designed arsenic-free and mercury-free panel.
It's okay to stare.
Whether for work or for play, the Dell UltraSharp U2412M can deliver an unmatched viewing experience.
- Clearly outstanding: Watch your graphics come to life on a vast 24" (61cm) LED-backlit screen featuring a crystal-clear 1920x1200 resolution on a 16:10 widescreen aspect ratio so you can't lose screen area just because your customized applications support a different resolution.
- Contrasting view: Get ready for blur-free viewing with 2 million:1 (typical) high dynamic contrast ratio and 8ms with overdrive gray-to-gray (typical) response time that helps ensure crisp, sharp and ghost-free images.
- Colorful character: Enjoy an amazing range of rich, dramatic and accurate colors, thanks to IPS technology designed to give you color consistency across a broad viewing angle and a wide color gamut at 82% (typical).
- Premium Panel Guarantee: 100% replacement of Dell UltraSharp series monitors sold if any bright pixel is found, valid within the warranty period.
Your monitor, your style.
The ultimate in flexibility and customizability, the U2412M monitor can be adjusted to suit your workspace, tailored to suit your viewing preferences, and with its wide viewing angle, it can be viewed from almost any position.
- Height adjustability: Raise or lower the U2412M to suit your workspace and your personal style with height adjustability.
- Versatile connectivity: Connect a keyboard, mouse and other peripherals via USB ports, DisplayPort and DVI ports that can deliver outstanding image quality when viewing HD content.
- Maximum flexibility: Position your monitor just the way you like with comfort-enabling features like tilt, swivel and rotate. IPS (in-plane switching) technology helps ensure a great view from almost any angle.
- Supreme adaptability: Make colors cooler or warmer to suit your preference with the color temperature slider, while 'Text mode' automatically adjusts screen brightness to 150 nits, ideal for reading text.
Designed with the environment in mind.
Your workspace isn't the only environment that can benefit from the U2412M.
- Environmental compliance: The U2412M meets ENERGY STAR 5.1, EPEAT Gold and TCO Certified Displays 5 standards, and is also CECP and CEL compliant.
- Power management: PowerNap allows you to control monitor brightness level or to put it in sleep mode to conserve power, and Dynamic dimming software automatically dims onscreen brightness when displayed images are overly bright or white. You can even activate the energy usage bar to see the U2412M's energy consumption.
- Responsible construction: The U2412M is made of environmentally responsible materials, consisting of an arsenic-free and mercury-free LED panel and halogen-free laminates in its circuit boards, designed to consume less energy than a conventional monitor.
Top Customer Reviews
There are plenty of bullet point reasons to consider when comparing monitors:
- Most monitors made today are 1920x1080. This one is 1920x1200. Those extra 120 pixels can make a difference depending on what you are working on. Imagine the difference between viewing a PDF file a full page at a time instead of having to scroll. Imagine being able to see more of that photo of your kids that you're working on. More vertical height means that you can see more E-Mails at once, and less scrolling when reading web pages.
- Most cheap monitors are made with lesser quality TN LCD panels instead of higher quality IPS panels. This Dell UltraSharp has an IPS panel that delivers great color without oversaturation and its viewing angles are very good. With TN, you get color shifts depending on how you're looking at your monitor (especially vertically). Not so with IPS. While not capable of the wide gamut that the U2410 can deliver, that feature is only needed if you are editing files in the Adobe RGB color space. If you don't know what that is, you don't need it because you aren't using it. The more common sRGB color space is supported on this monitor, which is what most people would want to use.
- Most cheap monitors do not have height adjustments.Read more ›
As for all the ""Professional Photographers" that keep complaining about the color spectrum of this monitor, I must ask you why you are looking at an entry level budget IPS panel for you exactly matched color spectrum? You seriously think you are going to have a $300 monitor that will be able to display photos taken with your $3,000 lens. You're just looking in the completely wrong place with this one.Read more ›
I'm not a video gamer, so monitor response time is not that much of a concern (if you primarily game, save $150 and buy a TN panel).
Okay, with all that in mind:
I researched monitors for a month prior to my purchase and decided that, regardless of the money, an IPS panel was critical for color gamut and angle of view. Of the IPS panels, Dell had the winning combination of video performance as well as physical ergonomics within a $500 budget. It became a question of the U2412 ($300 on Amazon) and the U2410 ($500 on Amazon):
Both monitors had a well-built feel. They had heavy, solid bases that prevented tipping within reason. The menus were intuitive and easy to navigate.
It wasn't until I calibrated the color with the Spyder 4PRO that I noticed a potential problem for photographers using the U2412. The Spyder 4PRO is such a dream to use in this system configuration, and will actually show you how your monitor's color gamut compares within SRGB, NTSC, and ADOBE RGB color spaces.
THE U2412 FALLS JUST SHORT OF AN SRGB COLOR SPACE, AND IS ONLY 77% OF AN ADOBE RGB COLOR SPACE. If you want the option of viewing your images in an ADOBE RGB colorspace, the U2410 is capable of that color gamut - not the U2412.
The U2412 is a stellar in the image department, showing as much subtle mid-tone as my camera can capture. I will, however, note that blacks could be just a touch deeper.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love Dell Brand monitors because I can trust this brand of monitor. When my Dell Ultra Sharp 23 inch monitor's USB ports went out (due to an electrical storm), I wanted to get a... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Russell A. Starner
It's nice to be able to upgrade to a widescreen monitor from my old 20" Dell UltraSharp monitor that I have been using for many years. Read morePublished 1 month ago by GaryN
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Monitors in our Monitor Reviews.