|Standing screen display size||34 Inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||QHD wide 3440 x 1440 Pixels|
|Wireless Type||Radio Frequency|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||6|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34-Inch Curved LED-Lit Monitor
|Price:||+ $39.19 shipping|
|You Save:||$239.19 (30%)|
|Screen Size||34 Inches|
|Resolution||QHD Ultra Wide 1440p|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Compliant standards: Plug and play, RoHS, TCO displays. Input connectors: 1 DP 1.2 (HDCP 1.4) / 1 mDP 1.2 (HDCP 1.4) / 1 DP 1.2 (out) with MST (HDCP 1.4) / 1 HDMI 1.4 (MHL 2.0) / 1 HDMI 2.0 (HDCP 1.4) / 4 USB 3.0 downstream ports with 1 x BC1.2 charging capability at 2A (max) / 2 USB 3.0 upstream ports
- Discover one of the world's first 34 inch 21:9 curved monitors with a panoramic view, cinematic WQHD resolution and superb sound. Ultra-wide curved screen that offers more display area and enhanced viewing comfort
- Unrivaled usability: Navigate across multiple applications and video inputs with picture by picture and picture in picture features
- 3-year limited hardware warranty and 3-year advanced exchange service and the firmware update utility software; Compatible with Windows 7
- 1 HDMI(vr2.0) connector; USB 3.0 Hi-speed hub (with 2 USB upstream port and 4 USB downstream ports); Speakers (9W x 2= 18W). Increase brightness & contrast controls via OSD
- Dimensions with stand (LxWxH) : 32.47 x 8.5 x 20.62 inches, dimensions without stand (LxWxH) : 32.47 x 3.00 x 14.65 inches
- Brightness- 300 cd/meter square. Response Time - 5 ms (gray-to-gray)
Frequently bought together
Save or upgrade with a similar computer monitor
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
#1 In North America for 15 consecutive years. (2000 to 2014)
Dell Monitor - U3415W: Recipient of Editors' Choice
"Delivers outstanding performance."
Dell UltraSharp 34 Curved Monitor - U3415W
Performance Ahead Of The Curve
Discover one of the world’s first 34 inch 21:9 curved monitors with a panoramic view, cinematic WQHD resolution and superb sound.
Transport Yourself To Another World
- Enter a new dimension of multitasking with a curved monitor that delivers an immersive, panoramic screen that surrounds your senses with amazingly detailed edge-to-edge WQHD (3440x1440) imagery and crystal-clear sound.
- With a field of view that enlists both your primary and peripheral fields of vision, the 34-inch 21:9 curved screen provides an amazing, in-the-action experience.
- Rich and engaging sound from dual 9W (18W total) integrated speakers transports you further into your digital world.
- Increase viewing comfort with a more uniform focal distance. This means that with a curved screen, you won’t move your eyes as much as with a flat-screen monitor.
Productive Across All Screens
More connectivity features allow you to multitask on-screen or game without interruption.
- Easily display content from 2 different PCs at the same time with the Picture-by-Picture or Picture-in-Picture features, via the USB 3.0 upstream ports. Plus enjoy the convenience of using just one keyboard and mouse to navigate content from both PCs.
- Maximize your multitasking by connecting multiple monitors and peripherals for massive screen real estate.
- View seamlessly across multiple monitors by placing the thinnest edges side-by-side for an enhanced viewing experience.
- Stay organized between applications, emails and windows on 1 screen using Dell Easy Arrange.
The Dell UltraSharp 34 Curved Monitor – U3415W meets the latest regulatory and environmental standards.
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
- EPEAT Gold Rated
- TCO Certified Display
Made with eco-conscious materials, the U3415W is BFR/PVC-free (excluding external cables) and has an arsenic-free glass and mercury-free LED panel.
Enhanced power management with PowerNap dims the monitor to the minimum brightness level or puts it into sleep mode when it is not in use.
An Immersive Panoramic Experience
The Dell UltraSharp 34 inch Curved Monitor engages you in a new wrap-around viewing experience with a 21:9 ultra-wide curved screen that offers more display area and enhanced viewing comfort.
Immersive, Panoramic Screen
|Dimensions (With Stand)||Height (compressed ~ extended): 408.7 mm (16.09") / 523.7 mm (20.62"); Width: 824.7 mm (32.47"); Depth: 216.0 mm (8.50")|
|Dimensions (Without Stand)||Height: 372 mm (14.65"); Width: 824.7 mm (32.47"); Depth: 73.3 mm (3.00")|
|Aspect Ratio||Widescreen (21:9)|
|Optimal resolution||3440 x 1440 at 60Hz|
|Contrast Ratio||1000 to 1 (typical); Dynamic Contrast Ratio : 2 Million:1 (Max)|
|Adjustability||Height-adjustable stand (115mm), tilt, swivel and built in cable-management|
|Color Support||Color Gamut (typical): 91% (CIE1976), sRGB 99% ( average Delta E of<3) 1.074 Billion colors|
Compare with similar items
LG 34WN80C-B 34 inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide WQHD IPS Monitor with USB Type-C Connectivity sRGB 99 percentage Color Gamut and HDR10 Compatibility, Black
Dell U3419w Ultrasharp 34-Inch WQHD (3440x1440) Curved IPS USB-C Monitor, Black
Dell 34-inch Ultrawide WQHD Curved USB-C Monitor (P3421W), 3440 x 1440 at 60Hz, 21:9 Aspect Ratio, 3800R Curvature, 1.07 Billion Colors, Height/Swivel/Tilt Adjustable, Black (Latest Model)
LG 32QN600-B 32-Inch QHD (2560 x 1440) IPS Monitor with HDR 10, AMD FreeSync with Dual HDMI Inputs, Black
Dell UltraSharp U2720Q 27 Inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) LED Backlit LCD IPS USB-C Monitor (7GZ651)
|Sold By||Aplus Service (next day shipping available)||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||HBT Electronics||Amazon.com||ARF Tech|
|Display Resolution Maximum||QHD wide 3440 x 1440 pixels||3440 x 1440 pixels||QHD wide 3440 x 1440 pixels||QHD wide 3440 x 1440 pixels||2560 x 1440 pixels||3840x2160|
|Screen Size||34 inches||34 inches||34 inches||34 inches||32 inches||27 inches|
|Item Dimensions||32.47 x 8.5 x 20.62 inches||32.7 x 9.9 x 16.9 inches||32.03 x 8.91 x 20.94 inches||32.11 x 9.35 x 21.3 inches||28.1 x 8.2 x 20.2 inches||24.07 x 7.28 x 20.68 inches|
|Item Weight||18.60 lbs||—||18.08 lbs||23.89 lbs||—||14.60 lbs|
|Mounting Type||Wall Mount||Wall Mount||—||Panel Mount||—||Wall Mount|
|Refresh Rate||60 hertz||60 hertz||60 hertz||60 hertz||75 hertz||60 hertz|
|Size||38 inch||WQHD & USB C with 60W Power Delivery||—||—||—||—|
Step in and be immersed by a revolutionary audio and visual experience. One of the world's first 34" ultra-wide curved monitors, the Dell ultra sharp. 34 curved monitor - U3415W virtually surrounds you with thrilling sights and sounds. Experience a view like never before, with the U3415W 34" curved monitor from Dell. Screen coating - anti-glare, 3H hard coating.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Almost all other ultrawide monitors that have USB-C connectivity (besides the LG UltraFine) only supply a maximum of 60W of upstream power. Since a 15" MacBook Pro takes 85 watts to charge, you can end up relying on your battery to make up for the difference. The Dell U3818DW provides 100W of upstream power!
Now onto the display itself...
This thing is absolutely amazing when it comes to picture quality and text readability. I purchased an LG 34UC79G and hated using it for anything that required staring at text for any length of time. The Dell U3818DW runs at 3840 x 1600 (~111 PPI) and has roughly 40% more pixels than my old LG 34UC79G, which runs at 2560 x 1080 (~82 PPI). I can run Excel spreadsheets all day long on the Dell and my eyes don't feel fatigued, whereas the LG almost instantly gave me a headache. I occasionally play some Call of Duty and have to say it is pretty impressive on this monitor. Although it only has a 5ms response time and 60Hz refresh rate, it suits my needs for the small amount of gaming I use it for.
This thing is built like a tank! It arrived via UPS double-boxed with many "heavy" stickers slapped on it. The manufacturer's box is extremely thick with plenty of packaging to keep it safe during transport. The monitor alone weights about 27 lbs and feels very sturdy using the supplied stand. It can be VESA mounted if you want to keep the space underneath the monitor clear (which I may eventually do).
1 x DisplayPort 1.2 (HDCP 2.2)
2 x HDMI 2.0 (HDCP 2.2)
2 x USB 3.0 Upstream port
2 x USB 3.0 Downstream port (side)
2 x USB 3.0 Downstream port (bottom)
1 x USB Type-C (Alternate mode with DP1.2, Power Delivery, and USB2.0)
The built-in speakers are decent but are definitely not going to give you the low-range thump that you'd get with an external set of computer speakers.
Overall, this monitor is everything I have been looking for to complement my 2017 15" MacBook Pro with a single-cable solution. Yes, it is a bit pricey, but you will be very happy once you see it in person.
UPDATE: After using this monitor for a few weeks, I had to take off one star for the following reasons:
1) No display manager software for Mac. This means you’re limited to snapping two windows side-by-side. If you want more windows, you have to manually resize and arrange them.
2) Built-in monitor speakers cannot be controlled by the keyboard volume controls. Again, a limitation due to lack of Mac software/driver.
3) Changing inputs is a bit cumbersome. The auto detect can get annoying and manual input selection requires too many button presses.
Although these are minor complaints, it’s not a lot to ask for Mac drivers & software when it’s a $1,000+ computer monitor with USB-C support.
So far I'm very happy with it. From some angles my desk looks ridiculous, but sitting down it just seems obvious. I've worked with two 24" 16:10 displays along with the laptop for a few years (essentially three screens), so this is just combining those two monitors, and it's great.
A big debate for me on this purchase was whether to go with a 34" ultrawide and save $500-600. By my calculations I would have lost 3" in each direction with the 34", and having done a little dev work on the display so far, I think it was the right call to go with the bigger display. I figure I'll probably have this for 5-10 years, so it'll amortize.
One gotcha is that I have two 3-5 yr/old MacBook Pros with HDMI 1 ports. HDMI 1 won't drive this display at it's full resolution. So I needed a Mini Displayport to Displayport cable for one of the machines, and then an ACTIVE Mini Displayport to HDMI 2 adaptor. The "active" is the key here, as it needs to be able to drive 3840x1600@60hz, which is essentially 4K(3840x2000)@60hz. A lot of adapters will do 4K@30hz, so make sure you get the right one. The only straight up cable like that was $40, so I got a shorty male miniDP to female HDMI 2 for $17 and attached it to the HDMI cable included with the monitor.
**UPDATE 9 months in**
A developer buddy just came over and asked about the monitor, so I decided to revisit this to see if my initial take needed to be updated at all.
I still really like this, and don't regret the purchase, but I was using something closer to the 34" for a few months this summer (it was actually smaller), and it was fine. Essentially, you can only look at so much of the screen at one time, so there does tend to be a lot of leftover space. But, that said, it's kind of the point.
So, while I'd still do this again, if you're blanching at the extra cost, just get the 34"; you'll be fine.
But, after this explanation, my buddy said, "Yeah, but it's a splurge, I'd get the bigger one. It's awesome."
Top reviews from other countries
Searching Google you'll find this happens to a lot of people, and the Dell moderator Chris. M will smugly tell you that Dell didn't and don't test this monitor with any Apple hardware, and you should take it up with Apple. So beware.
También grabé mi monitor Asus pg348q y mi monitor BenQ BL3200PT y sus fabricantes dicen que son flicker free y estos dos monitores SI lo son, no se ve ningún parpadéo a travez de la Canon Mark II, se ve una imagen sólida y esto ayuda a que no se canse la vista y puedas estar delante del monitor mucho más tiempo y no dañes tus ojos tan fácilmente.