|Screen Size||10.8 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Processor||1.4 GHz Intel Atom|
|RAM||2 GB DDR3|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||8 hours|
Dell Venue 11 Pro Pro11i-2501BLK 10.8-Inch Tablet 2013 Model
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
As of August 2014, Dell USA updated the Dell Venue Pro 11 BayTrail lineup into 3 different models: 1) slower 3775D processor without full HD 2) 3775 processor without full HD and 3) 3775 processor with full HD. This review is equivalent to the 3775 processor with full HD, more specifically: this review is for the Dell Venue Pro 11 (model 5130) with the Atom Z3770 (aka BayTrail, recently updated to Z3775) 2.4 GHz CPU, 2GB RAM, 64GB Samsung eMMC (Dell's website calls this "mobility solid state drive", but it is not a true SSD, arrives with 50.3GB usable, 14GB used (includes recovery partition), 36GB remaining), and Windows 8.1. The review includes the Slim Dell Tablet Keyboard which does not have a secondary battery. There is also a brief review of the active digitizer pen version A01 (initial version was A00, now I think it is at A02).
Background: I am in the IT field, but don't consider myself a guru on the hardware or software side. I do use Windows 7 at work, Windows Phone, and iPad Air. I'll frequently compare to the iPad since it is my only tablet reference. I feel this is important for you to know, since what I use on a daily basis shows what I'm comfortable and familiar with.
Packaging: I will mention the packaging because US carriers are known to drop and sometimes throw packages, so it's important for electronics. Both tablet and keyboard came double-boxed (box within a box), providing good insulation from shocks, though curiously the keyboard's box was almost twice as big as the tablet's. Excellent job Dell on the packaging, I don't think it could have been any better.Read more ›
I had the tablet on pre-order from the Dell Store and it arrived two weeks early!
The tablet is very fast. Booting up from off is about 10 seconds and from sleep is instant.
The speakers are fairly load and sound very clear.
The display is crystal clear. The viewing angle is particularly wide. Colors appear deep and true.
I have had windows 8 since it came out on my Lenovo Y580 laptop but touchscreen really makes this operating system shine. I do install a free add-on Classic Shell to get the classic start menu functionality that windows decided to take away.
The Wi-Fi antenna is very strong. At work with my skyrocket 2 I barely get a signal from my desk but with this tablet I get 4 out of 5 bars.
I did purchase the optional pen. In my opinion the pen is fantastic. I have seen videos and reviews of the Venue Pro 8 which expressed issues of the pen trailing after lifting the pen to move to the next letter. I have not seen this at all with this tablet.
The pen helps with navigation on the tablet for several reasons:
1. you don't get as many smudges on your touchscreen
2. Being able to "mouse over" drop downs is nice.
3. Touching small icons with my extra large men's glove size hands can be tricky especially when there are several icons close to each other but the pen makes it easy.
4. There is an inking to text option in the touch keyboard. This feature works extremely well. It does not interoperate all my chicken scratch without mistakes, but better than most humans trying to read it. It actually detects cursive writing with less mistakes in my case.
I also purchased the Slim Keyboard. I do like the keyboard. It makes a very nice cover for the screen.Read more ›
I already have a powerful Windows desktop PC and an Android smartphone. What I needed was something in between the two. I wanted a tablet that I could convert into a full notebook PC. A windows 8 tablet gives you the tablet interface, which I think is superior to iOS and Android in many ways, but also the ability to convert into a full windows notebook.
The 11 Pro exceeds my expectations for a tablet and notebook PC. There are few compromises.
(1) It's portable (within typical tablet dimensions) and relatively light weight. It is a little bit heavier than the iPad 4 but lighter than an ultrabook.
(2) It comes with a pretty 1080p 11" IPS LCD that is great for watching streaming HD movies in very enjoyable fashion. The screen is also large enough for productivity.
(3) It has 2 types of detachable keyboards. The first one is like the Surface Type Cover, which has keys with travel. The second is a thin keyboard dock that has an extra battery (extends battery life by +85%). My reasoning was that when I'm traveling with the device, I'm probably using it more as a laptop. Thus, the keyboard dock made more sense to me. When I'm using it purely as a tablet, I'm probably home and thus don't need the keyboard. If I need to convert it to a tablet I can just easily remove the keyboard dock.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
DO NOT BUY THIS OR ANYTHING FROM DELL. Multiple problems that they are not wiling to address. First of all the charging port comes lose and it makes it almost impossible to charge. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Great tablet for working on the go. One issue that I m unable to resolve is connecting it via the mini HDMI port to a VGA monitor or projector using an adapter, even with the... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Trevor Tan
I highly recommend you look elsewhere for computers. Their technical support is a labyrinth of different departments and their favorite thing is to transfer you 20 times with no... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Carman D.
Combined with the keyboard this can pretty much replace my laptop. Especially useful for taking notes in class.Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
Love this tablet...I mostly bought it for the FULL WINDOWS 8.1... with a full sized USB port using my receiver for mouse and keyboard; I use it as my desktop! Read morePublished 9 months ago by MoniCali
This product worked great for one year 1 month.Then it stopped charging. We verified that the charger and battery were both good and determined the charging port is bad. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Garcia Family
I bought this for my wife, who has been overall very happy with this machine.
It lives up to its specifications and has become her favorite computer. Read more