Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 107 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 122 reviews
on March 4, 2014
This PC came with Windows 8 as advertised, an operating system which I really don't like. However, I can't let that influence my review as that is a Microsoft issue, and not the fault of Dell or Amazon. The first thing I did with it was to remove Windows 8 and replace it with Windows 7. Since I have Dell Windows 7 reinstall CDs, I didn't have to pay for this, other than in time. It took about 2 hours to switch, including the time to download the Windows 7 drivers, etc. The PC is quite small so it does not take up much desk space. With 4GB RAM and a 500GB hard drive, it is more than adequate, even for a small office. I probably wouldn't try to play any graphic-intensive games on it or run Autocad, but then it's not designed for that. Based on my experience with their computers over the past 15 years, you can't go wrong with a Dell. They have excellent customer support and their warranties are usually not needed; their PCs usually last far beyond the warranty period.
1010 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2014
Love it. Windows 8.1 is a little confusing at first, but once you get used to it it's smooth sailing
on April 29, 2014
My previous computer was 14 yrs old and running Windows XP. I looked at many models before picking Dell Inspiration which was recommended by my step-daughter. It's taking practice to get used to Windows 8.1 but well worth the time. I'm 73 yrs old and highly recommend this computer for any age group, as iy's fast and has more memory than I will ever use. It was also easy to get set up.
on August 11, 2015
This is the second time I buy Dell and have a horrible experience with the product and the service. I can say, it will definitely be the last. No more Dell for me.

The Dell Inspiron Desktop seemed okay upon arrival. However, it began to have hard drive issues 3 to 4 months after I purchased. I contacted Dell and was given a reference number to use when ready for a hard drive exchange, however, now that I can make time to have someone come out, my warranty/request is not being honored. Misleading information is given on Warranty information. Also, representatives close out of chats and hang up when they do not want to help. Currently I have been on queue for 45 minutes...

Other comments - Windows 8 takes some time to get used since it is not very user friendly. I still prefer Windows 7. Also, no sound. I connected speakers or use headphones.

2 Stars because after running some programs and fixing myself, it will be a workable product. However, added spent money and time. I have bought other products from other brands so although upsetting, I am thinking to let it go and not continue to waste time with Dell on phone or chat.

If you still choose to buy this product, I'd suggest you ask lots of questions, especially regarding Warranty time and coverage. Make sure you have all in writing. Contact buyer/Dell if you have to.
on July 19, 2014
I purchased this to assist a lady, who.. well, one of those friends of a certain age we all have that, computers are a real challenge for them. She needed a replacement and this is what we got.

Pros: Price, can't beat it. $339. Because our friend only does email, facebook, word and some printing, processor is more than she needs.
Not noisy
Comes with windows 8
usb on front
excellent performance
Slim/stylish

Cons
Comes with windows 8 =), so I had to install start8 , a shell for windows that almost mimics windows 7 (and do some tricks to avoid pitfalls for less savvy users =)
. But that is not to blame on dell =)
the DVD bay is hidden. This can be a plus for many, but, for my friend, she can't seem to find it easily.
Vent openings are on the side, so make sure your furniture has enough space for it.
on December 30, 2014
Product came with no time to wait and the packaging was very impressive. Once opened the computer looked as though it was brand new. Powered on the machine and the lovely sound of silence filled my ears. After set up, I noticed one thing odd, the windows OS was showing that the product key wasn't genuine, after speaking to Microsoft, Dell, and Amazon; it seemed no one had a clue. All that was required is updating all software via windows updated and after, updating to 8.1 - it's when all that was done, the product key decides to activates. I've had to request a return on account of the computer will randomly shut down and sometimes will not power back on at all, which sounds like an over heating problem. Also the computer states that there are files missing. Making a system reset impossible. I will only buy brand new for now on.
on May 21, 2014
I would definitely do business with these guys again. This computer was everything I needed. It is fast and compact with plenty of ports (6 USB, 1 HDMI) and it looks great!! Windows 8.1 is awesome too. I was a repair tech for over ten years and I worked for Dell. Windows XP was my favorite operating system until this one. The interface is great and everything is easy to find. It is the most dummy proof operating system that Microsoft has EVER made. I even got the item the next day, for free. This and the monitor were the best purchases I have made through Amazon (the whole package (24" MONITOR and external 1 TB hard drive both from other vendors) was only $550. YOU CANNOT BEAT THAT DEAL. This product was $50 cheaper than anywhere else that I looked!!
on April 4, 2015
Warning, you will NOT get a disk copy of windows. Product key is only installed in BIOS by Dell.
The machine has had a problem from day 1 with errant key strokes being added repeatedly when nothing is activating the keyboard. This eventually caused the computer to lock up. The Windows "restore" function which can up after the reboot,wiped out all the installed programs, including the drivers, and lost the activation of Windows 8.1. After 5 days of being transferred to 14 different DELL Windows techs and supervisors, the supervisors agree to send me a working copy of Windows on disk (which did NOT come with the computer) so windows can be reactivated. But then they pass me to a "hardware" tech who is not authorized to send it because only hardware is warranted. It is an endless loop, intentional I'm sure.
So 9 months into this purchase, I have a $300 piece of junk that can not be brought back to functioning unless I purchase $129 of tech help. I
guess it is going to end up with Linux and OpenOffice and I will forever boycott EVIL DELL.
PS: Amazon wipes their hands of everything after 60 days.
on April 23, 2014
This is my first Dell. It was very easy to set up and get started. More than what I needed but definitely brought me into the 21st century. Shows me just how far behind technology I have allowed myself to become. It is so compact that most who visit my small apartment don't recognize it as a computer. Since it was time to give up XP and my old computer could not be upgraded I feel that I have made the best choice for me and my current circumstances. Every senior with limited computer skills should have one of these.
on June 18, 2014
I recently had to upgrade from my older HP Pavilion that ran XP and did a lot of searching on the net for the best value in a new PC. The Dell Inspiron desktop had very good reviews and the features I was looking for so I felt it was worth a shot. After a few weeks of use now, I can add my very positive review, as well. I like it's small size (half the size and weight of the old HP), easy setup and speed. My old HP took about 5-10 minutes to fully boot up where I could start using programs. The Dell is up and running in about 30 seconds or less. A lot of people have complained about the learning curve going from XP to Windows 8.1, but I found it very easy to learn. I may upgrade my RAM from 4MB, but so far that seems to be ample for the programs I run.