- Shipping Weight: 8.6 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B003IPCVC4
- Item model number: AO-008184-203
- Date first available at Amazon.com: May 1, 2010
- Average Customer Review: 28 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,332 in Software (See Top 100 in Software) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Topo North America 9.0
- Complete U.S. and Canada topographic maps and detailed streets
- Over 4 million places of interest in the U.S. and Canada
- See the terrain in vivid detail using the 3_D map views and controls
- Add local roads to the software, assign a name, save it and a create route.
- Includes data download certificate good for supplementary data includeing USGS 1:24k, Canada 1:50k quad maps, NOAA and imagery maps
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Topo North America is the most complete mapping software available for outdoor recreation, with unsurpassed maps, available imagery, trip planning features, on road navigation, and GPS capabilities. Scout your destination as if you were there, anywhere in the U.S. and Canada, with up to date terrain, trail, and road detail. Explore or fly over realistic 3-D. Import aerial imagery. Route your travels over roads and trails. See elevation profiles. Customize and print maps at a wide range of scales. Then, navigate worry-free anywhere from the Yukon to the Rio Grande. Everything you need comes in the box: *Complete U.S. and Canada topographic maps and detailed streets *Major roads for Mexico*Over 4 million places-of-interest in the U.S. and Canada *Extensive U.S. trails network and public lands, including BLM *Flexible printing choices *Ability to share your custom maps over the internet, and more. Adding local roads to routing is a DeLorme exclusive, this is the best way to update local roads when new developments are planned or added between DeLorme software releases. This tool lets you draw in the road segment, connecting it to another local road within the database. Assign a name, save it, and when you create automatic routes, the software is smart enough to include these new roads in the routing calculations and also update the directions. In addition to the enhanced topographic and street maps in Topo North America, your purchase includes a $40 Data Certificate, good for supplementary data as Web downloads. Options include USGS 1:24,000, Natural Resources Canada 1:50,000 quad maps, NOAA nautical charts, and aerial imagery. Unlike online map and imagery sources, DeLorme data downloads can be integrated with Topo North America maps. Use the split-screen editing capability to identify and mark structures, landmarks, navigation markers, new roads and trails, and other features with pinpoint GPS accuracy. Topo North America 9.0 does it all.
Top Customer Reviews
- Still all the good features from previous versions.
- I like that more data from my GPS tracks is visualized in the profile
- Although some complain that the UI is hard to use, I can't say I've ever had a problem with it. In fact, I actually find the UI pretty easy to use.
- I've been noticing that the trails aren't always connected properly leading to strange results when having the program calculate routing. The first couple times this happened I couldn't figure out what was going on, but reading through the Delorme support forum led me to the root of the problem. Now when I don't get a reasonable route I know where to start looking for the problem, but it's annoying. I don't remember ever having this problem in previous versions.
- I continue to struggle with the best way to get routes from TopoUSA uploaded to my Garmin eTrex. I can upload the route directly, which just gives me the waypoints which is great for crows, but not so useful for humans. I can probably convert my route to a track and upload that, but it's unobvious enough that I haven't invested the time to figure it out.
Generally I'm pretty happy with this product and still think it's the best available for my purposes.
However, the interface to this software is straight from the DOS world of 1990. Delorme has consistently refused to confirm to any Windows design standards. The only way to find the functions one needs is to poke through the scattered assortment of tab buttons, icons, and menus items, and learn by trial and error.
I use this for geocaching (with a Delorme GPS), and TNA9 shows promise in helping to manage logged and unlogged caches, but warning: the synchronization process is very deceptive, and it is rather easy to lose a whole days geocaching activity through unfamiliarity with exactly how the program updates/copies files from computer to GPS and back. (Unfortunately, again your learning path is trial and error.) On the forums (peer to peer) one is told to use Windows Explorer to copy files from GPS to your cache documents. How's that for a vote of no-confidence? I am considering foregoing the pretty interface and looking for open source software to manage my caches. That would be more secure.
BTW, TNA9 comes with a purchase of a Delorme GPS. I would not consider using this software if I didn't also have a Delorme GPS.
Sent request for assistance to DeLorme Tech Support. No response after two days. I guess they must be closed for the July 4th week. Whatever the reason, this software is unusable.
They must have been off during the July 4th week. I received a reply from Tech Support yesterday with a solution to the problem. It now works. Raising my star rating accordingly.
While I like the PN series devices and the Topo mapping software, Delorme leaves something to be desired as regards to the software for Topo/device data exchange. Think iTunes and the iDevices as the creme de la creme in this regard. This is not enough to make me change companies, but is something to be aware of.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've used TOPO 9 for years and was ready for an upgrade.Read more