Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 474 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 517 reviews
on March 26, 2016
Ok - I have this suitcase for about 2 and half years and I fly a lot - almost every month with it - I think I can give a legitimate review here - quality should really be improved over time - the chrome painting on the handle have been peeling away since day one almost - overall body of the Suitcase can be push In a bit too easy ( see picture ) mine has been beat up and push in so many time now - I come home and use a hammer and bang from the inside to push back out ( like a body shop work :)
The handle finally broke today - I am far away from home but I will manage - thankfully the wheels are strong enough and survived many abuse.
Overall , Delsey should improve their plastic quality , it used to be way better 20 years ago
Price of this suitcase is reasonable , I wouldn't mind paying and extra $50 and get better quality
review image review image review image
44 comments| 281 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
We reviewed so many luggage pieces that we were literally thrilled to have decided on this Delsey 29" Lightweight Hardside Spinner. It is the perfect choice for a checked bag in that it is lightweight yet is one inch shy of the maximum size allowable without having to pay "Oversized" charges by the airlines. This 29" Spinner is exactly 61" Total (1" smaller than the Max Standard). 29" x 19.5" x 12.5" This luggage is gorgeous and has a 10 Yr. limited warranty from the manufacturer. The wheels glide easily and the pull handle is very durable. The inside is well appointed with a full zippered cover piece on one side and a lock-strap on the other. There is also a zippered pocket inside for smaller items. The bag can expand 2" more if you happen to pick up too many bargains while traveling. The lift handles on the top and the side are also very well made and close flat against the suitcase when you are not using them. The hardside shell is polycarbonate, exactly what the doctor ordered for lightweight durability. We just ordered the smaller carry-on bag to match. Ours is the Brick Red which is actually more like the Toyota Mini-Van color, not a fire engine red. Love the TSA approved security locks, the kind where you just push a lever and snap the ends of the two zippers into the lock. We have done a number of cruise ship vacations and the 29" is perfect for carrying all you will need, yet fitting under the cabin bed for storage while cruising.
77 comments| 560 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2017
We have had this suitcase for about 3 months, my partner and I travel a lot for work and pleasure so I did some extensive research on the pros and cons of hard luggage vs soft and the different types of wheels etc. This Aero Delsey line was always one of the top rated and made just about every travel blog luggage rating list I saw. We bought a whole set, the 29", 25" and 2 of the smallest ones the 19" that has the outside pocket and can fit in a overhead bin. I would recommend getting the 3rd party warranty as it covers about anything and is well worth it if you do travel a lot like we do. All of the sizes that we purchased fit inside one another which is great for storage. You do have to get use to how to pack and open the hard luggage if you have never used them before. Don't want all of you stuff pouring out in be hotel. Couple of things I would say to think about if you are looking for new luggage. The wheels are so important, these spinners are great make sure that no matter which luggage you end up buying make sure the wheels are double-sided spinners so it's little 2 little wheels on each one (like on office chairs) some of the cheaper, and even more expensive brands have single wheels and they will wear down faster and break more easily. Also one thing to note, when you have these hard shell suitcases and you get to a hotel or where ever you are traveling to, if you are the type of person that likes to setup a luggage stand and just live out of your suitcase sitting on it, these may not be the best option for you. Since items are stored evenly on each side you have to open the suit case fully like a book to really access everything and to pack and unpack it, just something to consider. In the 3 months we have had these we have traveled 2 times internationally and probably 4-5 times domestically like NYC area to FL and NC, checking these hard shell suitcases does get some scratches on them but overall they have really held up well. The side handles, retractable handle and the wheels have all remained sturdy and we have not had any issues. The lock works great on the side and the inside zipper compartment and straps all work great. You can really fit a lot into these suitcases and the best part about this model is that is gives a little unlike some hard shells so you can fit that extra few things in, it also has the zipper expander but we have not needed to expand it any. The luggage looks great and very stylish, have taken it right into meetings with me and even had some complements. Feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions I have included a few photos to show have they have worn as most people probably travel less in a year then we do in a few months.
review image review image review image review image
on July 1, 2013
I was in Brazil, trying to navigate to the airport down the side of the highway (it was blocked off due to protestors). This lovely suitcase wheeled like a champion 6km, all the way to the airport! Sturdy, but light. Wheels are great. Large size.
0Comment| 196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2016
This suitcase has a ton of room and held everything my husband and I needed for a weeklong trip. It has a handy zippered compartment on one side and clip-together straps on the other. The wheels seem pretty durable, and the case rolls easily. TSA-approved locks are also great. We did not experience any problems some reviewers had with checking the suitcase; there was no mention by the airline of it being oversized.
The problem is that even though the color is great and the case looked great when we first received it, the outside is completely dented, scratched, and damaged after just ONE trip. We'll continue to use the case, but after owning it for less than a month and using it only once it looks beat up as if we've owned it for years (see photos).
review image review image review image review image
22 comments| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2015
Excellent spinner with 10 year warranty. Interested in long term reliability of the wheels, i.e. will handling break or knock them off. Total linear inches is 61 which permits checking on more restrictive carriers such as Alaska but definitely check with your carrier because to me it was surprisingly large (if you're like me and bad at visualizing size from pics and dimensions).
on March 26, 2016
On our very FIRST use we were unable to successfully slide the handle back into the suitcase for travel. It slid out fine but when we tried to slide it back down it would not budge. I've had it less than 2 weeks and am not at all happy with this product. Expected to get more than ONE use out of it after paying over $100 for it. To date the handle remains out and now we are unable to use it due to airline restrictions that the handle must be down for travel.
on December 12, 2016
This larger suitcase is my second Delsey Helium Aero. I found the 24" to be very good, so when I needed something larger, this was my first choice. I've traveled once with it - it's exactly what I expected. When packed, it's big and heavy - fine for the strong athletic type of person. For others, two smaller bags might be easier to manage. Like the color.
on July 14, 2016
Interesting that Anazon asked for this review today. I am traveling and using it for the first time. It's wonderful. I was afraid it would be heavy. If anything, it weighs less than the soft side bag it replaced. And the wheels! I can literally guide this along with one finger. Very, very happy with my purchase!
on August 1, 2016
Great suitcase

PRO:
-polycarbonate construction is very solid, and bounces back from impacts rather than cracking.
-tough-as-nails in my experience, surviving more than 10 flights so far with just a few scrapes on the outside.
-integrated TSA combination lock
-expandable middle zipper, for cramming just a few unexpected additions into your bag.
-quad-caster setup rolls smoothly on almost all surface.

CON:
-almost zero padding for contents. Note that this is done to keep weight as low as possible. Use your clothes to line the inside, and pack fragile stuff in the middle.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.