Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 99 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 103 reviews
on March 19, 2014
I have been using a hard-sized spinner bag of this same size for a few years and loved it, but always had to open it up to remove my quart-sized toiletry bag as I went through security, then put the quart bag back in the suitcase after security. Doesn't sound like a burden, but my suitcase had to be unzipped nearly halfway to do this, which meant stuff shifted around or fell out. This bag has a front compartment with zipper in which I can put the toiletry bag for easier access in the security checkpoint. The case is solid, the wheels maneuver nicely, and the handle is comfortable. The best thing is how light these hard-sided bags are. Very easy for a petite female to lift into a car trunk or overhead airplane compartment. The texture on the case seems like it will wear well.
on January 24, 2015
I researched carry ons for a multi country, 3 week European trip.

This baby looked good upon arrival, but I wanted to road test it before a review.
Delsey scored a home run with this one. Perfect for the new, smaller carry on measurements.
Also fits very strict European airline rules
It performed like a pro on 6 flights (checked twice), 4 train trips and many different surfaces.

The front zip pocket is perfect for quick access storage of laptops, jackets and other valuables. The spinner wheels and handles are sturdy. I'm not an expert packer but: as a carry on it held an extra pair of heavy boots, a week's worth of clothes and on board essentials. It handled as well as hubby's $400.00 Tumi, and is only 1 pound heavier.
on March 17, 2015
I used this for a 1-month, carry-on only, trip around Europe with 8 flights (2 checked) and varying terrain.

My Issues:

- While it works for a carry-on, it's VERY easy to go overweight. I encountered 8-10KG maximums and my bag was 12.5KG (27.5lbs) THEY WEIGHED IN THE US!! Granted, I was packing for both freezing Berlin days and a warmer Cyprus climate, but I didn't even use the outside pocket, which is my next problem.

- when you open this bag, it opens like a book. The base with the handle can take quite a bit of clothing and still zip. The top however, only has a piece of cloth separating it from the outer pop-out/laptop compartment. The ONLY way the laptop compartment is useable is if you don't pack ANYTHING in the interior top section. For my needs, i had to use a second carry-on backpack for my laptop, passport, etc.

- due to me trying to cram at least 10 days of clothing into this, I used the expansion zipper when I didn't want to repack tightly. Honestly, I was concerned that I would collect my belongings in multiple trash bags from the airline. It's INCREDIBLY flimsy. There's even some plastic piping around the exterior that bends for some unknown reason. My friend packed his bag with clothes TWO FEET HIGH and squished the top down (while sitting on it) to close. There is no way this bag could take that kind of strain on the zippers. His was a Samsonite.

- This thing came out of the box, was packed, and went directly to the airport where it couldn't roll a straight line to save its life. I constantly had to correct its trajectory. If you're used to the one-finger glide, this bag is NOT it. Like others reported, it will hurt your hand at times.

- Lastly, my biggest issue is the handle. It is supposed to have two positions but it will not stay up in the mid-position, which is the most comfortable for me to use. (i'm 5'7") All of the other issues aside, this one is what makes me want to return it. Of course it's out of the amazon return window. For now, it will stay up in the high position but if other reviews are any indication, that probably won't last for long.
on July 6, 2014
Bought both a blue and a purple Helium Shadow 2.0 International Carry On Expandable Spinner for air travel Oregon to New Jersey with 6 days touring the East Coast. Two carry ons held all luggage for two people and held up great for all air travel and charter bus travel. Luggage works great, looks great. Highly recommend!
on May 6, 2015
I love this suitcase. Just got back from a 10 day trip (okay, 8 days plus 2 days of travel!) and was determined to only go "carry-on." I didn't know if I could manage this but with the Delsey Helium Shadow 2.0 International, I was able to carry it on with me on 7 out of 8 flights. The eighth one was a puddle-jumper that had absolutely no overhead storage and everyone had to hand their carryons to the flight attendant when boarding--but they didn't require us to check them in, and we were able to pick them up as we left the aircraft. Definitely found that carryon requirements are much stricter in Europe than in the US, but I sailed right by the poor folks who were waiting to pick up their checked luggage. The outside accessible pocket is a real plus. I was able to put my paperwork and my electrical adaptors and charging cords in there and this was really useful during those inevitable layovers when you really want to re-charge your electronics. The luggage itself was so lightweight that I never went over the weight limit for carryons either. And the purple color is beautiful. Just two issues which some folks might deduct a star: I had one moment of panic when the spinner wheels sort of hung up and I could only pull the suitcase but something must have been stuck in the wheels because after a few minutes they freed up and I was once again able to choose whether to push or pull. Whew! Second issue is the material covering the inside of one of the sides is not flexible, as I found out when I overpacked and tried to zip it up--I ripped the material slightly around the zipper but was able to mend it with gaffers tape. Finally, I should mention I paid quite a bit less than the current price shown today on Amazon; guess I was just lucky when I bought it in Jan 2015. Possibly prices for suitcases rise in the summer, so keep an eye out for the off-season bargains. Still, the current price seems reasonable for what you get.
on May 29, 2015
I bought this for a trip to Germany. It is fantastic. It is lightweight and very easy to push or pull. It fit into the overhead bins wheels first on all flights and took up very little space. On the way there - it held 2 days worth of clothes, toiletries and some miscellaneous supplies with room to spare. On the way back, it held glass souvenirs (2 coffee mugs, 2 glass steins, 2 ceramic, a small snow globe, a glass bell and some chocolate). None of it was crushed or damaged. I would absolutely recommend this bag to anyone.

My only criticism, there is no solid wall between the front pocket and the luggage on the inside. When I put my laptop in the front pocket, it was pushed by the items inside the suitcase - when I initially tried to pack, it felt like it was actually bending my laptop. I therefore didn't trust it and carried my laptop in a second carry-on bag. I probably could have solved this by carrying something flat inside the suitcase or filling it less
on September 30, 2014
I bought this for a lot of cross-Atlantic travel this past summer, and this carry-on spinner did not hold up as well as I was hoping. After the very first trip, the handle starting collapsing when I touched it, and the wheels wobble and lock up sometimes. I wish I had invested a bit more money into something more reliable, or less money into something I knew would not last a long time.

The upside is that it is really light, and it's easy to spot on occasions when it needs to be checked (on very short flights).
on September 1, 2016
I've been using this bag for over a year now, traveling an absolute ton with it, and it's still just like new!

I've only had to check it in one time on a very small plane that wasn't allowing anyone an overhead compartment, and other than that, I've been able to carry it on board on a number of international flights with various airlines.

I love the segmentation of the bag, which provides nice division for different types of stuff. In this inside zipper, I store a pair of shoes, in the inside strapped area, I have clothes, a ziplock of toiletries, and an iPad. On the outer zipper, I put my laptop and cables. In the outer zipper inside zippered mesh area, I put my passport and other small things. There are additional pockets and zippers for even more segmentation.

The bag rolls really well, and it looks very classy. I've definitely gotten some looks while rolling it around the airport, and I love how affordable it is to be able to achieve that beauty, functionality sweet spot.

I highly recommend this bag if you're going to be doing a lot of international travel. It's beautiful, works well, and is built really well.
on July 1, 2014
This is a nice suitcase. It is very light and has night partitions/pockets to really maximize the amount of things you can put in. We just did a 1.5 week trip with one laundry and my wife managed to fit everything in. Finally she gets to be one of those special people in the airport pushing her bag around with one finger while I use my antiquated 2 wheel suitcase. Someday....
on July 15, 2015
the purple one is not as pictured. the interior is not purple stripe as shown, but a very drab solid gray. Kind of a disappointment. Will see if we keep it or not. Would try to order another one and return this one, but it's bulky and re-packing and returning two, if the second had the same problem, would be a major bummer.