Top critical review
9 people found this helpful
Not the Greatest. Would Rather Return
on March 17, 2015
I used this for a 1-month, carry-on only, trip around Europe with 8 flights (2 checked) and varying terrain.
- While it works for a carry-on, it's VERY easy to go overweight. I encountered 8-10KG maximums and my bag was 12.5KG (27.5lbs) THEY WEIGHED IN THE US!! Granted, I was packing for both freezing Berlin days and a warmer Cyprus climate, but I didn't even use the outside pocket, which is my next problem.
- when you open this bag, it opens like a book. The base with the handle can take quite a bit of clothing and still zip. The top however, only has a piece of cloth separating it from the outer pop-out/laptop compartment. The ONLY way the laptop compartment is useable is if you don't pack ANYTHING in the interior top section. For my needs, i had to use a second carry-on backpack for my laptop, passport, etc.
- due to me trying to cram at least 10 days of clothing into this, I used the expansion zipper when I didn't want to repack tightly. Honestly, I was concerned that I would collect my belongings in multiple trash bags from the airline. It's INCREDIBLY flimsy. There's even some plastic piping around the exterior that bends for some unknown reason. My friend packed his bag with clothes TWO FEET HIGH and squished the top down (while sitting on it) to close. There is no way this bag could take that kind of strain on the zippers. His was a Samsonite.
- This thing came out of the box, was packed, and went directly to the airport where it couldn't roll a straight line to save its life. I constantly had to correct its trajectory. If you're used to the one-finger glide, this bag is NOT it. Like others reported, it will hurt your hand at times.
- Lastly, my biggest issue is the handle. It is supposed to have two positions but it will not stay up in the mid-position, which is the most comfortable for me to use. (i'm 5'7") All of the other issues aside, this one is what makes me want to return it. Of course it's out of the amazon return window. For now, it will stay up in the high position but if other reviews are any indication, that probably won't last for long.