Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 81 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 90 reviews
on February 17, 2013
My biggest disappointment was that the suitcase does not hold the clothes in very well. The one side has straps that contain the clothes as well as most luggage. The other side, which is the same depth as the side with straps, only has a divider that snaps in place, but is loose and doesn't stay snapped when the suitcase is full. We had to open my suitcase at the airport while checking in our luggage and all my clothes, shoes, small containers fell out on the floor. It was awkward, embarrassing and not a clean surface. To close the suitcase again, my husband and I were stuffing things in as we tried to zip it shut. I remembered one review that mentioned using space bags for their clothes, but it wasn't a negative review. When we got to our destination the first item of business was to buy space bags for all my clothes and shoes so they would stay contained. It helped. Other than that, the luggage and wheels held up to the baggage handlers. I would not have bought this luggage if I had known about this problem.
on July 13, 2012
I just used this suitcase for a 6 day trip from OAK to SEA and it held up nicely. It has tons of packing room and a nice Mesh zipper compartment that snaps to one side. Very nice looking inside, not so much outside, but I don't care. I wanted a nice bag that rolled perfectly and it did, without any effort. And it wasn't stolen like my Tumi bag was. I am going to order the next size down. This is very roomy indeed, but not heavy. This one is good for Christmas to bring home gifts!
on January 17, 2013
I've only used this piece of luggage for one trip (about 10 days, 2 flights, several car rides). It held up nicely (though it has a few scratches from the flights). The wheels work smoothly. The built in lock is convenient (now that I've found instructions for resetting it). The luggage did not come with instructions for resetting the combination lock. I contacted Delsey customer service over a month ago to ask for instructions. I still haven't heard back. If being able to contact the manufacturer in the event that something goes wrong matters to you, I'm not sure Delsey is the brand you want. The suitcase does seem to be well made so far though, I only knock the 5th star for lack of customer service.
on May 26, 2012
I wanted something lighter and easier to cart around. 4 wheels are so much easier! The only thing I've heard people complain about is that it opens in halves rather than a thin top and deep bottom. But for organization, half opening is way better. I do use the vacuum seal bags to take out all the air and it allows me to pack more. I do recomment getting the 27 inch rather than the 29 inch. It's easier to handle and you're less likely to go over the weight limit.
on December 1, 2015
I purchased a set of 3 suitcases 2 years ago. They have been through many flights and cruises and have held up extremely well. I was very impressed this weekend when the 25" case was damaged when I claimed it at the end of the cruise. Only three wheels were working making it difficult but not impossible to get the case to the car. When I was able to examine the case, I was pleased that the wheel was not broken, but that it had been dropped and a corner pushed in. After I emptied the case all it took was one push and it popped right out and now looks like new. These suitcases hold up very well.
on February 26, 2017
I have used this piece of luggage approximately 9 times. It worked well until I picked it up in baggage claim the last flight I took. They must have dropped it squarely on one of the wheels and dented it in and broke the plastic. Nothing fell out but it was very difficult to move unless you used the two wheels on the other side. Unfortunately it had to get trashed. It's very lightweight and holds a lot. I think I'm going to try soft-sided luggage again.
on January 16, 2013
Went on a trip to Germany and the suitcase did hold up. However I did notice that it has some nasty scuff marks which is ok but was surprised it showed up that much on one trip. After several years this thing will look pretty beat up. I had a old Samsonite thick plastic one and it wore better..sigh..

However it did hold up fine. Another thing I noticed there are no inside pockets , just one big open area. Side pockets would have been nice to store small items and at this price point would have expected them to be there. Also the inside strap that holds things down is not adjustable, I didnt see anywhere it could slip smaller or larger.

Overall a decent suitcase but I think there might be ones that hold up better over time and have interior pockets. and a better center strap.
on July 5, 2016
The case cracked the second time I used it on an overseas flight (it was NOT overweight -- only about 35 pounds of clothing). It was about a 6 inch crack on the front of the case due to airline handling so Delsey claimed it was not in warranty. The authorized luggage repair shop in Manhattan said it would not be fixed and said that with these cases you sacrifice durability for wight. Stick to ballistic nylon!! This is my second such experience with Delsey. Never again.
on December 4, 2012
I'm pretty sceptical when it comes to luggage. I travel A LOT and nothing ever seems to keep up with me. Then I bought this luggage. Most of the time I have a hard time keeping my luggage at the weight limit especially with some of the airlines lowering the weight limit to 40 pounds! However, this piece of luggage did the job quite well. I was able to pack for four full days worth of clothing, shoes, products, etc. (plus an extra change of clothes) and still was under 40 pounds....I was shocked to say the least. This luggage is VERY light, very scratch resistant, extremely durable, beautiful in color, and doesn't flop around on you when opening and closing (like some hard cased luggage has on me in the past). The wheels roll around at 360 degrees which makes it very easy to maneuver in the airport. The sturdy handles made lifting and pulling a breeze although the pulling wasn't necessary most of the time since I could just wheel it right next to me with the wheels turning every direction I could possible need to go (very nice)! This luggage is worth every penny. I've already bought the two smaller matching pieces!
on January 3, 2013
We were getting ready for our big trip to Asia. 4 countries. Our old Samsonite fell apart so we needed a new bag in a hurry. I checked out a bunch of Samsonites but decided on this one because the price was very attractive. I figured it will probably fall apart after the gorillas mishandle it through all those airports and I would have to throw it away after our trip.

I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent build quality when it arrived. I was also surprised by how ridiculously light it is. I can pick it up with just my pinky (when it's empty of course). I was going to get a more expensive one as a longer term investment but I'm really glad I got this one. I may buy another one just to have a matching set.

We go on a lot of trips so we need good quality luggage. I think we are going to standardize on Delsey from now on. That's how much I like this bag. We have had nothing but Samsonite for well over a decade but this is just a great bag at a great price.