Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 516 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 560 reviews
on May 2, 2017
We have had this suitcase for about 3 months, my partner and I travel a lot for work and pleasure so I did some extensive research on the pros and cons of hard luggage vs soft and the different types of wheels etc. This Aero Delsey line was always one of the top rated and made just about every travel blog luggage rating list I saw. We bought a whole set, the 29", 25" and 2 of the smallest ones the 19" that has the outside pocket and can fit in a overhead bin. I would recommend getting the 3rd party warranty as it covers about anything and is well worth it if you do travel a lot like we do. All of the sizes that we purchased fit inside one another which is great for storage. You do have to get use to how to pack and open the hard luggage if you have never used them before. Don't want all of you stuff pouring out in be hotel. Couple of things I would say to think about if you are looking for new luggage. The wheels are so important, these spinners are great make sure that no matter which luggage you end up buying make sure the wheels are double-sided spinners so it's little 2 little wheels on each one (like on office chairs) some of the cheaper, and even more expensive brands have single wheels and they will wear down faster and break more easily. Also one thing to note, when you have these hard shell suitcases and you get to a hotel or where ever you are traveling to, if you are the type of person that likes to setup a luggage stand and just live out of your suitcase sitting on it, these may not be the best option for you. Since items are stored evenly on each side you have to open the suit case fully like a book to really access everything and to pack and unpack it, just something to consider. In the 3 months we have had these we have traveled 2 times internationally and probably 4-5 times domestically like NYC area to FL and NC, checking these hard shell suitcases does get some scratches on them but overall they have really held up well. The side handles, retractable handle and the wheels have all remained sturdy and we have not had any issues. The lock works great on the side and the inside zipper compartment and straps all work great. You can really fit a lot into these suitcases and the best part about this model is that is gives a little unlike some hard shells so you can fit that extra few things in, it also has the zipper expander but we have not needed to expand it any. The luggage looks great and very stylish, have taken it right into meetings with me and even had some complements. Feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions I have included a few photos to show have they have worn as most people probably travel less in a year then we do in a few months.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2016
Ok - I have this suitcase for about 2 and half years and I fly a lot - almost every month with it - I think I can give a legitimate review here - quality should really be improved over time - the chrome painting on the handle have been peeling away since day one almost - overall body of the Suitcase can be push In a bit too easy ( see picture ) mine has been beat up and push in so many time now - I come home and use a hammer and bang from the inside to push back out ( like a body shop work :)
The handle finally broke today - I am far away from home but I will manage - thankfully the wheels are strong enough and survived many abuse.
Overall , Delsey should improve their plastic quality , it used to be way better 20 years ago
Price of this suitcase is reasonable , I wouldn't mind paying and extra $50 and get better quality
review image review image review image
44 comments| 328 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
We reviewed so many luggage pieces that we were literally thrilled to have decided on this Delsey 29" Lightweight Hardside Spinner. It is the perfect choice for a checked bag in that it is lightweight yet is one inch shy of the maximum size allowable without having to pay "Oversized" charges by the airlines. This 29" Spinner is exactly 61" Total (1" smaller than the Max Standard). 29" x 19.5" x 12.5" This luggage is gorgeous and has a 10 Yr. limited warranty from the manufacturer. The wheels glide easily and the pull handle is very durable. The inside is well appointed with a full zippered cover piece on one side and a lock-strap on the other. There is also a zippered pocket inside for smaller items. The bag can expand 2" more if you happen to pick up too many bargains while traveling. The lift handles on the top and the side are also very well made and close flat against the suitcase when you are not using them. The hardside shell is polycarbonate, exactly what the doctor ordered for lightweight durability. We just ordered the smaller carry-on bag to match. Ours is the Brick Red which is actually more like the Toyota Mini-Van color, not a fire engine red. Love the TSA approved security locks, the kind where you just push a lever and snap the ends of the two zippers into the lock. We have done a number of cruise ship vacations and the 29" is perfect for carrying all you will need, yet fitting under the cabin bed for storage while cruising.
77 comments| 593 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2016
This suitcase has a ton of room and held everything my husband and I needed for a weeklong trip. It has a handy zippered compartment on one side and clip-together straps on the other. The wheels seem pretty durable, and the case rolls easily. TSA-approved locks are also great. We did not experience any problems some reviewers had with checking the suitcase; there was no mention by the airline of it being oversized.
The problem is that even though the color is great and the case looked great when we first received it, the outside is completely dented, scratched, and damaged after just ONE trip. We'll continue to use the case, but after owning it for less than a month and using it only once it looks beat up as if we've owned it for years (see photos).
review image review image review image review image
55 comments| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2013
I was in Brazil, trying to navigate to the airport down the side of the highway (it was blocked off due to protestors). This lovely suitcase wheeled like a champion 6km, all the way to the airport! Sturdy, but light. Wheels are great. Large size.
0Comment| 207 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2017
We've always owned Samsonite fabric roller bag style suitcases and when our latest set failed we started to think about new brands and giving the spinner style a try. We are a family of 4, so my wife and I share a suitcase, and so do our kids.

We love the Delsey products! We were initially concerned that changing to a suitcase that is split down the middle would not be us good as a top-opening suitcase that we had been used to, but we actually like it much better in terms of organizing the various sizes and shapes of clothes in our separate halves. If you stuff the suitcase with clothes and expand it, you will exceed the weight limit around 3-5 lbs (your results may vary).

The built in lock that also clips in the zipper pulls is really cool. Between these and the wheels, I hope they stand-up to the airport abuse.

Finally, I'll admit to resisting the spinner. I've always just dragged my bag through the airport behind me. But I have to say that now I fully understand why the spinners have become so popular. If you are inching through a check-in line, or in and around the cars in the garage, it is so much more convenient and also easier on your shoulders and back.
on May 4, 2017
I was so happy with the Helium Aero carry-on spinner, than I also got the next two sizes up including the 29 inch model. I love the blue color, and the quality seems very good considering the economical price. I've used the Aero carry-on on many trips, and it has held up very well.

This isn't luxury luggage that is made of carbon fiber and may last 50 years. But, for the price I am very happy and it should last me a number of years.
on July 6, 2017
Great design, great quality, and definitely sold at a great price on Amazon. I love this luggage so much I bought one for my aunt for her birthday she loved it too. Just make sure you have internet access to find the instructions to reset the lock code. If not, you're screwed because the instructions are inside the luggage, and you need to unlock the luggage to get to the instructions. Other than that, I love the luggage.
on November 24, 2013
I have made it through one trip with this suitcase now. I like it, but...

Things I like:

- The rollers are great. It's easy to maneuver. This alone brought my review up a star.

- Stands out from the black and red cases.

- It is light. I am moving from a 25 inch High Sierra and this is lighter. My old packing for a week was around 39 LBS, this weighed in at 35.5 LBS.

Things I don't like:

- I wasn't expecting it to be so big. It's a little bulkier than I was expecting. Not quite sure how to explain this one.

- It really didn't hold up appearance wise against baggage handlers. After 6 flights this week, I have scratches and black streaks all around the case. Not that big of a deal to me, but it does show every ding.

- The lid has already overlapped twice. I am worried about the zipper holding up, honestly. It might just be my worried nature though.

- The internal zipper looks pretty flimsy. I hope it holds out, as that is how you open the case without everything pushing out to one side or the other.

Overall, after one trip, it's a pretty good case. It does come with a warrantee, so not concerned with the purchase otherwise, but it is a pain having to deal with a bad suitcase on the road.
on June 30, 2016
Survived 1st flight with minimal damage. It has a few deep scratches that look like it was dragged across rough concrete, but other than that it is in excellent condition and I'm very satisfied with it. I've never had a suitcase roll so smooth. This thing glides with 50Ibs like it is on a cloud. I wish it had more compartments on the inside though.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.