Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 91 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 102 reviews
on April 18, 2012
After too many harrowing experiences, I never check baggage. But on an extended trip to Asia I was in need of a larger suitcase. Knowing this luggage would be out of my hands and subjected to all the drama of baggage check, I decided on the 25 inch Delsey Hardside. I was absolutely delighted after 10 flights to return home with an unmolested bag looking as good as good as the day of purchase. Delsey - You Rock!
44 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2012
I purchased this item a week before leaving for a 10 day trip. I needed something that would hold 5 business suits, 5 after-work nice outfits, 3 running around outfits, 2 travel outfits, and a dress for a wedding. Even with mixing and matching and wearing jeans more than once, getting all that in a suitcase under 50 pounds seemed impossible. Not only did it all fit (and the socks, etc, and 4 pairs of shoes), it was 42 pounds at check-in! Oh, AND there was still room for the wedding gift!
The color makes it easy to spot, the wheels are still running smoothly (time will tell for that). I want the rest of the set.
0Comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 16, 2012
Stury construction. Easy to open and move around. Spacious. Rolls and spins without effort. Only one flaw...the instructions for operating the TSA approved lock were not included. I had to email the company (Delsey) to send me the instructions.
on September 17, 2012
I ordered this luggage after being totally disgusted with my last several luggage purchases. A short series of international trips had devastated my pricy clamshell luggage, and I was terrified of losing my stuff all over some airport hangar.

I studied the reviews for many different pieces and settled on this case as being able to handle the extremes of long distance travel. I've now taken it on two trips (total of eight separate legs) and it is holding up spectacularly well. The pebbled surface appears to be impervious to scratches, and so far nothing has damaged it in any way. The case is tough, yet resilient, and I believe that helps it withstand the indignities of repeated tossing and crushing that are the reality of airline travel.

I'm thrilled with it, and intend to add other pieces from this line to replace some of my other luggage that is still holding together... but barely!
on December 26, 2015
I love Delsey luggage thats why I have 6 but the last 2 in only one trip, broke them a piece in the place where you close them, I hope Delsey company can help us with this problem. Thanks in advance
review image
on May 29, 2013
Packaging and shipping were great. However, the bag arrived and I was initially skeptical. Despite many other reviews saying the bag is great quality - to me it looked cheap and flimsy (hence the low price?).

Regardless, I couldn't really send it back (I'm in New Zealand - luggage here is ridiculously expensive - think many hundreds of dollars for a similar case - so yes it was cheaper for me to have it sent from the USA and pay for shipping).

I just got back from my first trip using it and it has a large hole on the bottom edge. The wheels are not large enough for the case, so when you are pulling it along using the pull out handle - the case is at an angle, the bottom edge drags on the ground. Hence the plastic just wore away due to abrasion and left a big hole. I am going to try and get the warranty to cover/replace, however based on other reviews it sounds as though Delsey customer service is very poor. Wish me luck!

I would not recommend this case to anyone. What is the point of luggage that is too fragile to be wheeled around at an angle?
on June 16, 2013
I needed a slightly larger than 'checked' suitcase for some longer fun and business trips last month. I was hesitant about buying a hardside, clamshell suitcase for the first time. I read all of the online reviews on Amazon and took a chance. I couldn't be happier. The color is easy to spot. The lock is integrated into the the suitcase, so it won't get lost. The suitcase is roomy enough to pack tight and light enough that I don't worry about over-weight limit fees. It has survived two overseas trips on 13 different planes. Yes, it is scuffed up, but that's what you would expect at a minimum. I recommend this suitcase.
on January 12, 2014
I went on a two week vacation, so I bought this as I had no luggage. I was able to fit two weeks of clothes, makeup, three pairs of shoes, a laptop and all of its needs, two hard cover spiral bound notebooks, and all the other various odds and ends with room to spare. I swear that it is almost large on the inside than it is on the outside (nod to the TARDIS). I even had room for some trinkets that I picked up during my trip, and some extra clothes I had bought. It rolls very nicely, it is super stable when on all fours, and it endured the hardest abuse dished out by the TSA and baggage handlers. The collapsible handle has adjustable heights, the locks work very nicely, they are easy to set, and they are TSA approved. Considering how much I dislike air travel, for once one of my chief complaint was not my moving my suitcase from here to there, or the fact that it did not fit enough of my stuff. I wish I had picked the plum color, but I am still pleased nonetheless.
on June 6, 2013
I love the luggage piece itself. I won't actually be using it for another week, and it's just a short flight, so I still don't know how well it will hold up. But the combination TSA lock is horrible. You're supposed to align the two zipper arms with it, slip the arms into the little clasps. I had to use needle nose pliers just to do that much, after numerous attempts with my fingers. I literally worked up a sweat trying and failing. Once I finally had them locked in, I couldn't get them out even with the combination set to the correct numbers, again I had to grab pliers! I don't know if it's suppose to come with a key, but there is a place to use one, but I didn't get a key. I think the key slot is for the TSA agents. I went out and bought another luggage lock to just lock the zipper in the normal way. I don't know how anyone else's lock worked, I may have gotten a defective one, but that part I absolutely hate and wanted to rip it off the luggage altogether.
on April 21, 2013
I used it to fly to and from Ft Lauderdale and to go on a cruise. It was not damaged at all by the airlines or the cruise ship. It is lightweight so I had no problems with meeting the weight limits of the airline. Fully packed, weight was only in the low 30's. I kept taking heavy stuff out of my wife's suitcase and putting it in mine so she could make the weight limits. It rolled easy and wheels were not damaged in airline and cruise ship handling. The only negative is it "seems" a little flimsy when open for packing.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.