|Item Weight||261 pounds|
|Package Dimensions||61 x 31.5 x 13 inches|
|Item model number||18-900L|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||5 Year Warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Delta 18-900L 18-Inch Laser Drill Press
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Auto-tensioning belt drive system allows for fast and easy speed changes while maximizing transmission efficiency
- Full 6-inch quill stroke for deeper drilling applications and best-in-class capacity
- Micro-adjustable depth stops and independent depth scale allows the user to zero the scale and set up for repetitive drilling quickly and easily
- Fully adjustable TWINLASER projects a bright red crosshair on the work piece at the point of bit contact
- Backed by a five-year warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Includes 18 in. Laser Drill Press - 18-900L
Rugged and versatile enough for professional use, the DELTA 18-900L 18-Inch Laser Drill Press features a heavy-duty motor for powerful performance, and an Auto-Tensioning Belt Drive System for effortless speed changes. Designed to provide the accuracy and precision you need to get the job done right the first time, this tool is ideal for woodworking.
|This professional-grade drill press is ideal for woodworking with a wide range of soft and hard woods. View larger.|
Precision drilling is easy with the DELTA Laser Drill Press. It features sixteen speeds for optimal drilling performance in various materials. The rack-and-pinion height adjustment on the oversized woodworker's table is easily raised and lowered to the desired height. The adjustable locking levers allow for easy angle adjustments to the table top while the bright TWINLASER helps provide drilling accuracy every time.
Auto-Tensioning Belt Drive System for Efficient Performance
The 18-900L is unique among other drill presses because of its time-saving Auto-Tensioning Belt Drive System, which ensures fast, easy speed changes while maximizing transmission efficiency with consistent belt tension and motor alignment.
6-Inch Quill Stroke and Best-in-Class Capacity
With a full 6-inch quill stroke, the 18-900L allows for deeper drilling or industrial applications and best-in-class capacity.
Robust Motor and Over-Sized Table for Power and Versatility
Powered by a 3/4-horsepower induction motor, the 18-900L can easily take on demanding applications. Its oversized worker's table features a patented design and bevels 0-90 degrees left and right, tilts forward 0-48 degrees. The unit has T-slots for clamping, and a removable/replaceable center insert for through-the-table drilling.
Precise, Accurate, and User-Friendly
The 18-900L also features micro-adjustable depth stops and an independent depth scale, which allows the user to zero the scale and set up for repetitive drilling in just seconds. At the same time, an LED light illuminates the work surface for visibility, and the non-tip cast iron base provides maximum stability.
The DELTA 18-900L 18-Inch Laser Drill Press is backed by a five-year warranty.
What's in the Box
18-Inch Laser Drill Press with oversized table, and manual.
|Micro-adjustable depth stops with an independent depth scale mean you can zero the scale and set up for repetitive drilling in seconds.|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Zero runout. After suffering for years with a wobbly situation on my previous drill press, this is truly welcome.
- FAR less noise and vibration in operation.
- A vastly superior table, with the very welcome forward tilt option. I highly recommend the Biesmeyer fence, which offers safety, accuracy, and repeatability for many common operations. T-slot hold-downs, another basic safety item, can now be readily accommodated as well. For fine metalwork, the table easily accepts my cross-vise and its mounting bolts.
- The depth stop mechanism is a big improvement over the old twist-collar design. The threaded stops don't look all that sophisticated, but in practice they are very quick and easy to adjust precisely.
- Though I was a bit skeptical, the laser is actually handy in certain situations.
Assembly is easy, though installing the very heavy head/motor assembly on the upright shaft would involve a tricky lift requiring at least two strong people. I got around this by assembling the base and shaft, sliding on the head while everything was still horizontal on the floor, then gently tipping the entire unit upright. This went smoothly with two helpers.
This is a next-generation product that represents a real step forward over the frustratingly imperfect machines we all grew up with.
Delivery was ideal. The carrier made an appointment with me with a three hour window and showed up on time. The boxed drill press was delivered into my workshop. The machine requires assembly; it is very heavy and requires two strong people to lift the head up onto the post. There is a significant amount of packing material to dispose of.
While I am very pleased with the drill press and Amazon service, I would think twice about ordering something like this online again because of the very real difficulty one would face if, after assembling it and disposing of the packing material, a defect should appear. At that point, return would be very hard.
I set this up on the plywood as recommended in the instructions. I was able to assemble it myself by mounting the head while it was on the floor and the tipping it up on the base. The instructions are well written and assembly took about an hour.
The laser lines are too thick to be really accurate, but I never found them necessary on a drill press. The press runs smooth and is quiet. Runout was just a hair over .001, better than I expected. The replaceable mdf block is a very nice touch as is the tilting table. The "T" slots accommodate my fence and the diagonal slots are great for hold down clamps.
This is a tool I would recommend.
Most recent customer reviews
It is a very accurate drill press. Wide range. Great torque.Read more
What a tremendous drill press. I mounted a Woodpecker's Drill press Tabletop on my press and I could not be happier.Read more