|Item Weight||58 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||25 x 17 x 21 inches|
|Item model number||22-555|
|Color||As the picture shown|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number of Handles||2|
|Warranty Description||5 Year Limited Warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Home Improvement Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Delta Power Tools 22-555 13 In Portable Thickness Planer
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Powerful 15A motor capable of handling the demands of a small shop
- Four column design provides excellent stability for smooth, accurate planing over many years of use
- Quick-change knife system with dual edge disposable knives lets you change knives without difficult to use alignment jigs
- Adjustable infeed and outfeed tables to better support long pieces and reduce snipe
- Reversible dust port allows you to collect chips from the right or left side of planer
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Delta Power Tools 22-555 13 inch Portable Thickness Planer
Scale allows for accurately planing material.
Stow blade changing tools with ease.
Reversible dust port provides choices for how you want to connect a dust collector.
Built with quality and backed with a 5 Year Limited Warranty.
After nearly 90 years of expertise in the woodworking business, DELTA Power Equipment Corporation (DELTA PEC) has become one of the most revered brands in woodworking tools today. DELTA Power Equipment Corporation focuses on innovations to help the woodworker create masterpieces easier and with more precision. The company designs, manufactures and distributes a variety of stationary woodworking tools including electric table saws, band saws, radial arm saws, scroll saws, drilling machines, jointers, planers, mortisers, lathes, grinders and dust collectors for the professional and advanced woodworking markets.
Motor: 15A, 120V, 60Hz, 1Ph
Motor Control: toggle with removeable key
Max Stock Dimensions: 13" wide x 6" high
Min Stock Dimensions: 1/8" x 10"
Max. Depth of Cut: 3/32"
Feed Rate: 28 ft./minute
Cuts per minute:18,800
Infeed/Outfeed rollers: Nitrile synthetic rubber
Infeed/Outfeed table dimensions: 6-3/4in x 13in each
Knife Type: Double edge reversible
Number of Knives: 2
Knife size: 333mmx12mmx1.5mm
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The innards are solid as a rock. It is a four-post model, and the castings are so tight and solid that there is virtually no play in the cutterhead-feeder mechanisms. The blade changes are amazingly simple, the tools to do so are provided and stored in the machine, and while there are only two blades, they are reasonably priced (average $40 pair for Delta Brand, less for third party brands). The head makes 9400 RPM, for 18,800 cuts per minute.
I tested it starting with soft Pine, then standard American Walnut, each at 1/16" cuts (one full revolution of the handle). The motor did not slow, there were virtually NO planer marks, and NO snipe. The pieces were about 6" wide and 2' long. I then tried the same with white rock maple, expecting a motor overload and freeze. The motor slowed only slightly, but did not falter. Testing it to the extreme, I tried Purpleheart (with a respirator mask, which you MUST wear when making dust with this wood). This is about the hardest wood available. The motor strained too much to suit me at 1/16" cuts, so I reduced the cut to 1/32 (1/2 turn of the handle). There was not slowing, and again, no snipe.
With 13" blades, an extremely rapid cut, and effective dust collector (I just connected it directly to my Shop Vac) and NO snipe whatsoever, the occasional user in a home or hobby shop cannot find a better machine at this price anywhere. I love it!
I make TONS of small fretworked boxes, and am sick of buying exotics for fretwork in 1/4 thicknesses. I can now buy 3/4 thicknesses, rip them with my bandsaw, and quickly plane them to 1/4 or thicker, at half the price.
- extremely accurate (I had perfect results down to 1/8"; did not try further)
- solid, tight build of the 4-post cutterhead assembly/support columns
- reversible blades, giving you two very sharp shots with the same set
- EXTREMELY attractive price
- Five year warranty (but if you're not within driving distance of a major city, you must ship it in at your own cost)
- Perfect for hobbyists or small shop.
- The motor could be more powerful. The in/out feed rate is perfectly appropriate and dependable, but a larger capacity motor would help with hardwoods.
- It is single speed feed. It is a compromised speed between the two speeds found on higher price machines, but it is a well-thought speed to do a remarkable job with two straight (not spiral cut) blades.
These "cons" about this machine are really not pertinent, because these features are found only on machines costing twice as much. This one is a steal. You may read about the virtues of a "chain drive" (e.g, "Steelex" brand). Don't buy into that. This machine appears to be direct (geared) drive (I've not looked at the parts sheet), and has a motor overload reset button. It'll do what you need doing.
This is a SMALL SHOP planer, not designed for 8-hour/day use seven days a week, or in commercial cabinet shops. That in view, I'd do it again in a second, and recommend it even faster.
Follow up: I've now planed all four surfaces of eight 8-foot x 6" sq. hardwood posts (32 8-foot x 6-inch surfaces). Aside from the trouble of rigging in and out feed tables, it was a breeze. No strain, no signs of blade dulling. The more I use this machine, the more impressed I become with its bang-for-the-buck.
I have this planer hooked up to a simple shop vacuum and the chip chute doesn't clog even when planing a full 12" wide board.
Recommendations for first timers like me:
-Mount this planer to a solid surface.
-Have someone there to help if you're planing boards longer than 8'.
-Don't try to take too big of a bite out of boards with each pass. I normally only lower the blades 1 full rotation of the handle between passes.
-Don't have any other electronics running on the same breaker as this planer when it is running. (Shop vac + Planer = tripped breaker).
-Dust management is vital. Don't even think about running this thing without a vacuum or dust collector connected to it.
I had never even seen a planer in person before ordering this one. This is a very simple machine to operate/maintain and has stood up great to my incompetency torture test.
I sometimes plane Purple Heart, and get great results when I take very shallow passes. It's been a few months of consistent use and the blades are still cutting well. I did lots of research, and I don't think you'll find a better planer for the price. Especially for the hobby wood worker.