BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

I bought this faucet after a lot of shopping around. The features that I wanted are all here: single, on-unit handle, pull-down spray and brushed stainless finish. The spray is held in place by a magnet and the spray control is a button on the nozzle. The price was considerably less than other models, yet it gets positive ratings. So I decided I'd try it.

When I had it installed, the plumber exclaimed "If you'd asked me which faucet to buy, this would be exactly the one I'd tell you to get. In fact, I own it myself."; It installed quickly, the control is easy to use and the sprayer is very handy, especially as my new sink is deeper than my previous one, and it needs a good spray to clean down all the sides. It looks really nice on the counters over the undermount sink--simple but elegant. Using it is easy--one push of the handle to turn on the water, forward for cold, back for warm.

The only thing I notice is a slight leakage or drip from the handle. When the plumber returns to finish my work, I'll ask him about that and if there is anything to update, I will put it in the review.
on June 4, 2014
Have been using this faucet for about a year now. For the most part it is pretty nice. The only complaint I have is the magnet that holds the faucet head in, when not using it as a hose to clean the sink, is pretty weak. I have to work to push the hose back in and then engage the magnet to hold the nozzle in it's "attached" state. Since we use the hose a lot, I let about 1" of the hose hang lose and the faucet head just dangle. This way I do not have to push in and out each time I want the faucet head to reach one of my dual sinks. I hope this makes sense. All in all, not a bad faucet. Finish has not stained or tarnished and is very nice looking in my newly remodeled kitchen. Would recommend.
on November 4, 2012
I really wanted to give this product a 5 star rating but there were a couple of items that prevented me from doing that. First, I will say that the overall installation was fairly smooth and overall the directions were pretty good. Now this is were my issues come up. (1). Per the inventory list for the DELTA 9178 there is suppose to be two (2) RP63263 ADAPTERS in your package; I never found them and of course I needed them, so right in the middle of everything I had to go to a local hardware store and purchase adapters. Maybe a small issue but it does raise a question of quality control. On page 12 of the instruction set - item 3B the installation of the clip on the hose. Not very clear and certainly is not one of the easiest things to accomplish while laying on your back reaching up to make this connection. It is very difficult to determine if you have the clip seated properly; it took me 3 - 4 attempts before achieving this step. Beware, if you don't have it seated properly you will get very wet when you turn the water on. In summary the faucet is a good looking piece of hardware and seems to be well made.
on July 29, 2015
Exactly like others have said. It looks good from the outside. But the inside plastic plumbing is flimsy. Mine is working fine still but it is flimsy and I wouldn't surprise if it does go bad later on. The retractable hose is EXETREMELY to operate and tends to get stuck by the inlet faucet under the sink. May be there is some remedy for that, but I have not go time to figure that out. So for the time being, I just stop using the spray.
The installation instruction is never clear on how to install it properly for top mount stainless steel sinks.

I would not recommend this product at all as there are plenty of alternatives.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2015
Nice looking, and works good. But reason I gave it 3 stars is because the button you push to change the water from a stream to a shower is not easy to push. You have to push it hard one way or the other to get it to stop dribbling in either mode. Also, and I know most of these new types of faucets are designed this way, it's still hard to get used to the handle being on the side. It would almost be better for it to be in front. If it were in back, you would have to reach behind the faucet and get water all over the counter. As it is, water gets on the counter a bit because I have it mounted directly onto my granite countertop rather than on the sink, because I have an under-counter sink. Just some things to think about if you're remodeling your kitchen.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2014
I shop a LOT and all my analysis paid off with this faucet. The pull-down spray hose is great because it retracts and "snaps" back into place because of the magnet. It's definitely worth the money to keep everything in its proper place.

Delta (and other faucet makers) are cutting corners so you can't assume anything without seeing and touching it in person. One annoying thing they're doing on some models is not letting the faucet move 180 degrees (or more) side-to-side. You could end up breaking the faucet just because you want to aim it toward the back wall of your sink. We have a small single sink, so it's important to be able to move the faucet out of the way to put big things in the sink. When I purchased it in 2012, this faucet could spin all around. I hope it still does. The faucet we bought was all metal, except for the spray head, so I was pleased with the quality. Watch out for plastic.

Another factor to consider is the lever handle - will it hit the wall behind it so that it can't fully open? This lever doesn't need much space behind it to be open all the way. You have to get used to how much to move it to get the water volume you want.

I love the faucet we bought, but I hope consumers let the faucet makers know that cutting corners to enhance their profit margins is not going unnoticed. We buy what's available at the time, but that doesn't mean we're thrilled with our choices.
on August 31, 2012
I bought this faucet and a new, single basin Houzer stainless steel sink. The problem is that the base of the faucet is too wide at its base to fit flat on the sink. That is, when the faucet is placed into the pre-drilled single hole on the sink, it is supposed to lay flat on the sink. However, the design of the edge of the sink is such that the base of the faucet sits up on a raised area of the edge of the sink, instead of sitting flat, as it should.

I don't know if the problem is that the faucet is too wide at its base, or the area around the hole in the sink is too narrow. My best guess is that the faucet is made to the size that it needs to be, to contain the various mechanisms inside, and that the Houzer sink was make with an edge to was too narrow. I think that the makers of faucets and sinks should get together and standardize their products so that they all fit, no matter what brands are combines.
on February 28, 2013
Just got this faucet along with a garbage disposal unit to replace old leaky faucet and a dead garbage disposer in my kitchen.
The faucet is flawless! Beautiful and stylish, easy to use and the magnetized sprayer housing is a very nice touch.
The install was a breeze, with clear and concise directions. The layout of directions could have been better in a booklet format rather than a foldout map layout, but that is minor.
The hardest part of installing this faucet, was dealing with old water shut-off valves and taking the old faucet out!!! Once the old faucet and lines were out, it took 30 minutes to install. Works like a charm, and I love the high arch clearance. The sprayer works very well and clicks back onto the spout snugly. My only concern is longevity of the sprayer. The sprayer housing is plastic! The entire faucet is stainless steel with a nice heavy duty feel, why make the sprayer spout plastic? I hope it holds up.
on April 29, 2017
Thought the style was a clever idea with the spray nozzle actually being the faucet head. The problem was with the handle being positioned on the right side. If you're right-handed and you're using the sprayer, you have to reach around or under to get to the handle to turn it on or off. That part of the design was not so clever.
on May 3, 2013
This is a well-made kitchen faucet with a brushed surface (to hide fingerprints). I really love the toggle button on the back of the faucet sprayer. It is easy to change from regular flow to spray. My previous spray head had a button that you had to push very hard to change the flow type. I have arthritis in my hands and the old design was very hard for me to use. The only thing that I have issues with is that because the handle that controls the water flow is on the right side of the faucet you have to push back and right for hot and pull front and right for cold. I am always pushing the handle the wrong way. Oh, well. Maybe it will help my aging brain!