Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.95 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Delta Creative Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint (8-Ounce), 0802 Textile Medium
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Delta ceramcoat textile medium can be mixed with delta ceramcoat acrylic paint for a flexible, washable fabric paint
- It penetrates fabric fiber for permanency and the paint won't run or bleed
- It dries flexible on fabric with no cracking; machine wash with mild soap on gentle cycle and air dry
- Prewash fabric to remove sizing, after painting with a 2:1 ratio of paint to textile medium mix
- Water based for easy clean up, has a low odor and is non-toxic; available in 8-ounce bottle
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Delta ceramcoat textile medium can be mixed with delta ceramcoat acrylic paint for a flexible, washable fabric paint. It penetrates fabric fiber for permanency and the paint won't run or bleed. It dries flexible on fabric with no cracking. Prewash fabric to remove sizing, do not use fabric softener, after painting with a 2:1 ratio of paint to textile medium mix, let dry 7 days and heat set. Machine wash with mild soap on gentle cycle and air dry. Water based for easy clean up, has a low odor and is non-toxic. Available in 8-ounce bottle.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here is what I did:
1. Took couch outside, cleaned it, and let it dry.
2. Mixed paint according to instructions (2 parts paint 1 part textile medium). I also diluted the mixture with water because I read a few blogs which suggested that would help.
3. Used a spray bottle of water to dampen the area I was painting to help the paint spread out and absorb (another blog tip I saw).
4. I had someone helping me and unfortunately they were overly zealous about applying the paint, so my couch ended up crusty in many places despite using this product.
5. Used sand paper to get rid of thick paint patches.
6. I painted it outside in the sun, so hopefully that was enough to heat set it (haven't had problems with color running or fading).
The love seat looks great now, but I keep a blanket over the seat cushions because they can still be scratchy to sit on. The arm rests have actually worn down to a nice soft leathery vinyl texture (I painted it in 2013), so I'm hoping that will happen to the rest of the couch eventually. I may attempt to sand it down a bit more or maybe I'll wash it with a scrub brush to loosen the paint from the couch fibers even more.
Here is what I would do differently if I were doing it again:
1. Do a test patch on the back of a cushion to figure out paint consistency and how many coats to do to keep it from being crusty.
2. Use equal parts textile medium, paint, and water and pre-mix as much as possible instead of mixing as you go. (1:1:1 instead of 2:1 as recommended on bottle)
3. Do several thin washes of color and allow to dry and maybe sand it between each coat, rather than doing thick coats and sanding after.
4. Maybe use paint rollers instead of large brushes (although it's less control over how much paint goes on). I only used brushes and it took ages to paint the whole thing.
5. If you ask someone to help you, water their paint down a little extra or be really good at explaining what they need to do...
Over all, I'd imagine this product is much easier to use for smaller projects, but it definitely works for big stuff too. If you're going to attempt a big project then do lots of research first and also be patient and give yourself LOTS of time for completing the project so you can do it right the first time!
Hope that helps!
It was a great way to salvage ugly cushions that had a lot of life in them. Thanks for all the useful tips of the users before me!!
Most recent customer reviews
Currently painting the fabric of a vintage chair and this product is a must !