Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Vant Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 64 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 77 reviews
on May 11, 2017
If 6 stars were possible to rate, this book would get it! The colorful and individual characters suck you in immediately and the never ending action and adventure (that includes zombies, the military and evil bikers) keeps the pressure on until you're looking at the last page wondering how you got there! Fabulous books individually and as a saga you should plan a week off because you'll not want to stop reading...
on October 29, 2013
It took me a mere two days to read all three books of the Sovereign Spirit Saga. Once I picked them up, you couldn't tear me away! Let's get real, I bet this series makes each of you muse over what you would spend your hundreds of millions on should you ever hit the megabucks. The plot is straightforward. Scott, a family man, hits the lottery in a big way. You know boys and their toys. He purchases an old cruise liner and retrofits it to be the ultimate party boat. We're talking helicopters, planes, amphibious watercraft, a cache of weapons; the Sovereign Spirit has it all. On a pleasure cruise with his family and friends, the crew finds themselves in the middle of the zombie apocalypse.

The Sovereign spirit is more a tale of survival than death and destruction, oh don't get me wrong, there is still plenty of death and destruction. However, it plays second fiddle to our characters battle to survive and thrive in a world gone dead. Each book can be read standalone, or in succession. Individually they tell a complete battle, together they show us the entire war.

I suspect the male gender will really enjoy reading about Scott and his taking charge of creating safe zones and leading the flotilla of boats that travel in the wake of the Sovereign Spirit. For me, I connected with Carl and his struggles, and perseverance. Carl had a depth of character that I didn't find in the other survivors. My only criticism would be that the female characters left me lacking. In this day and age, women just aren't that fragile and docile. I would have liked to see some girl power gracing the pages. I also had difficulty with the crew continuing to work. I just got back from a cruise, and I know the waitstaff, stewards, and other employees would have revolted. Personally, I would have given a big F-Off to my boss and demanded everyone clean their own rooms.

From what I hear, these 3 books are just the first installment, and there is more to come in the Sovereign Spirit Saga...The saga continues mwuhahaha.

Can we just talk about David Forsyth for a minute? This guy is awesome! He is keen to the fact that in order to keep a buzz going, you must remain relevant. I see him on nearly every blog or group I frequent. I respect that tenacity. That's a guy who's gonna make it. Writers, take note. If you don't sell yourself and put yourself out there, no one else will. Pay attention to this guy. He's got the goods!

Visit bookie-monster.com to read my entire review
on February 23, 2016
I just finished reading the Sovereign Spirit Saga Trilogy and the only thing I can think is why did I wait so long?? This has been in my library for some time and as soon as I read the first book I immediately bought books 2 and 3. I just finished 3 and bought the 3 prequels. I've read about a second volume to the saga and just want to know...where is it??? Can we expect book (or 4, however you want to look at it) soon?? You want to read this series...it takes the zombie apocalypse one step further beyond just survival to rebuilding and saving mankind. Extremely well written with totally likable characters and some you just want to punch in the mouth. You will not be disappointed.
on February 2, 2014
I must say....AWESOME! Scott, Clint, Mark, Carl, "Ashley",.....I love them all! I am really going to go on a limb here and say this is the BEST of the three! I loved all the story lines and the characters are completed in my head. The addition of the Sea World massacre and the Surf Nazi's is awesome! Carl....He just rocks and he could really do his own standalone if he was ever to leave the safety of the group and decides to go off on his own. I could totally believe all the issues and the action scenes had me biting my nails..Literally! Loved seeing Billy and Michelle "stepping up" and introducing other female characters. Karen is one of my Favorites of course and I am closely watching her and Carl..Again, would love to see them in a standalone!! Now, it is still predominately male, as one would actually expect from the position the writer is writing, but that will not stop me from reading it in the least. Love the GNN inputs and how the survivors now "know" the weakness...Just a really great read from beginning to end and you can picture all of it! Loved the excerpts (or emails) from other survivors all over within the chapters..Means that life is still going on outside what is happening at that moment and it took you away from the happenings to think about those "outside". That was a huge plus! I am intrigued over Clint and now Scott's...issues (I do not like to give spoilers), and will be anxious to see how this plays in to future installments! Again..Well done and look forward to the next!!
on January 12, 2014
I stumbled across Mr. Forsyth thanks to and endorsement on Hugh Howey's Facebook page (WOOL series and others). The first book in the series was free and being endorsed by an author I like so what is there to lose?

Plot Summary: Deluge of the Dead is the third in a ZA trilogy recounting the survival of a group lucky enough to be at sea when the ZA breaks. Adding to their luck, the protagonist, Scott, has all the money in the world prior to Z-day and had bought all the toys, so they're ready. Book 3 adds another piece to the "Oh crap" pile. Having learned efficient ways of dealing with the zombies, deftly maneuvering around and handling the politicos and military, let's now throw meth-head outlaw bikes cum pirate kidnappers at our little troupe of survivors.

Pros: an original take on the zombie apocalypse with multiple angles of approach. While there is one central story, we get vignettes of other survivors' experiences. Just as in a real natural disaster, there is the immediate (we must take care of this right here, right now), the intermediate (well, we're still alive. What do we do to maintain that status), and the long term (who, why, what is this all about?!?!) stories. Also, there are some really great peripheral characters here. I love the sergeant-major and Carl.

Cons: As with any self-published author, there are a handful of errors (this is where the author says "tell me!!! where!? I'll fix it!" and this is where I point out I was reading it on my Kindle, did not have my red grading pen handy and don't have an eidetic memory. There were maybe 4 small errors like an extra "the" or a forgotten "he" but I can't give you a page number, sorry.) The male characters are all well written and interesting, the female characters, less so. The women are mostly window-dressing and the ones that do propel the story forward (in the later books) are excessively two-dimensional, clearly put there out of necessity rather than enrichment.

So if ZA is your thing, go for it. Awesome, fast read. The writing is so good, the story so captivating and the characters so compelling that I have plowed through all three books in the trilogy in four days.
on May 6, 2014
Over all I enjoyed this book and the others in the series. There was suspense and fighting and all the good things I like in a zombie novel. This one was more up close and personal with the zombies which I did like, and felt was missing a little from book 2.

This series over all was more to do with people and their coping with the zombie apocalypse, than fighting your way through and looking for hope which is how I perceive most other zombie novels. Subtle differences I know.

The end, without giving anything away, was unusual and unexpected. I thought to myself "But why is he doing that when..." I didn't and don't understand the ending unless its not the true end of the series?? All the things he was working for and he ... I won't say cause I hate spoilers :D

Get it, read them in order, they are a good read
on June 27, 2017
This series is great, would make movie worth seeing twice or more. From the first book to the last it's a page turner. I will read this again.
Zombies and survival in this series different, not like any other series or story
on June 26, 2014
I started this first book of the trilogy, and couldn't stop reading till I finished the third installment. This author approached an end-of-the-world scenario from a previously unexplored perspective; along the shore, in shipping ports, and aboard both civilian and Navy vessels. Enormously refreshing! He also did his homework, with regard all of this, and weaponry — all, without allowing these details to hinder the story. The last half of the third book was so suspenseful, I literally couldn't put it down. I recommend this series.
on July 8, 2014
The third book of this series was just as entertaining as the first, possibly more so since so many of the main characters are put in tough situations. I was kind of sad to see this book end I could go on reading about these characters. I look forward to reading more of this series as it becomes available. I highly recommend this series, it is definitely on of the best series I have read in the genre.
on October 9, 2015
Great closure to a fantastic series. I thoroughly enjoyed the Sovereign Spirit series. As mentioned in a previous review, I love zombie apocalypse novels but the genre is getting a little tired. The coastal and ship element was a welcome change in this setup. I highly recommend this book, as well as this entire series for anyone looking for a great zombie apocalypse series.