Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 19, 2012, 10:27:39 AM PST
Sean Farrell says:
is out on the eShop! I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when I played the demo and it was perfectly fine WITHOUT the Circle Pad, and that you can change the aiming to third person! All of the trailers that I've personally seen showed the aiming in first person, which would have been a deal breaker for me had that been the only option. So glad I don't have to buy the Circle Pad either.

Posted on Jan 19, 2012, 10:39:06 AM PST
Mr Snap says:
The game looks amazing for a 3DS game, like, zomg WOWOWOW. Zommmmbies!

Posted on Jan 19, 2012, 12:27:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2012, 12:29:08 PM PST
Cool! I didn't you could change it to 3rd person, but I also like 1st person so it's even better, I'm also glad I pre-ordered it while it was at $39.99! I might get the circle pad sometime in the future for monster hunter and other cool games!

Posted on Jan 19, 2012, 1:49:23 PM PST
lizard81288 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 20, 2012, 12:47:48 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 20, 2012, 1:16:10 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 20, 2012, 8:39:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 20, 2012, 8:41:15 AM PST
I'm not quite sure what you expect Lizard, you didn't play RE 5 and you didn't like Dead Space, exactly why would this game be for you? Are you a fan at least of RE 4? That's the closest comparison I can make to this game, especially when you consider the single stick controls.

Anyway, here's my take as someone who has played all RE titles, the spin-offs (no matter how horrid) and both Dead Space titles:

The closest game it feels like to me was Resident Evil 0 because it has very similar aiming (if you switch to the 3rd person view, which I recommend) and difficulty (very little health, ammo, lots of damage, tough enemies). It's supposed to be a return to the original Resident Evils where you definitely didn't have enough ammo to take out everyone. The graphics are gorgeous, especially for a 3DS game, and assuming you keep the 3D effect on "normal" (in the options menu) it works, but I got a bad case of vertigo with the "very high" 3D effect and I've never had that happen with the many 3DS games I've already played.

Controls are a bit off in all 3 modes, but they do get easier to deal with after only about 10 minutes of play and now I can interchange between all of them. You do not need the circle pad to play this, I had no issues and I don't have the circle pad. For all those who joke about it, you can actually move and strafe while aiming your gun, too! Capcom is really pulling out all the stops now (j/k). I can already tell this game is going to be harder and require you to conserve ammo and think before you shoot - if you are having ammo problems you're trying to play this like a shooter and not the survival horror title it was developed to be.

I can't confirm the "no combining of herbs" that another poster claimed because all you collect are green herbs in the demo and combining those never did anything but double the dose in the original games, which is the same as using multiple herbs. They don't appear to be part of your inventory either, so they don't take up unnecessary slots. Switching weapons is mapped to buttons but is so much easier with a quick touch of the item on the bottom screen. Play this game in the dark because it significantly enhances the creep factor. So far the ship looks very similar to the mansion in almost all RE titles and even Jill makes a reference to this fact in the demo.

Don't take our words for it, though, go grab it yourself! It's free and in the 3DS store.

Posted on Jan 20, 2012, 2:11:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 20, 2012, 2:13:20 PM PST
lizard81288 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 21, 2012, 11:32:29 AM PST
Kruger says:

Posted on Jan 21, 2012, 3:28:23 PM PST
Myka H. says:
For give me if I'm wrong, my japanese is a little rusty, but in a japanese magazine they said the demo was non-canon. And Mr. Lizard, to upgrade weapons you need to be at a work bench(with your custom parts).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012, 4:02:59 AM PST
rockx4 says:
Actually the official site states the game takes place between Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5.

Posted on Jan 23, 2012, 1:01:17 PM PST
The demo was freakin great! I'm so glad that I tried it. Now I know that my money is going in the right place.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012, 5:42:37 PM PST
Plenty of games have the "bloody, darkened screen" as a health indicator.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2012, 1:29:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 24, 2012, 1:29:21 PM PST
Double post.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012, 1:40:23 PM PST
Myka H. says:
I was wrong, I had a friend reread it for me. The magazine said the demo has been out for a while in Japan. So Capcom will fix any bugs in the demo.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012, 9:32:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 24, 2012, 9:34:10 PM PST
lizard81288 says:
Since the demo, I believe they have changed how the Ooz dies.
RE:R demo in japan, has been out since November I think. Everybody else is just getting Demos. When the launched the demos in Japan, they got like 5 of them. Here in the US, we just have one.
>_>

I believe the US is getting a Rayman Origins demo soon, which will be nice.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012, 11:23:22 PM PST
Vicente G. says:
wow anyone who says a bad thing about it gets downvoted to hell and back.
It was alright, kinda breaks immersion when their lips don't move. LET'S PUT VOICE ACTING AND MAKE IT LOOK PRETTY BUT NOT ADD LIP MOVEMENT.
But whatever. Fifty dollars is too much for it, for me anyways, but I know RE fans will plop down for crapcom the same way I slapped down for the Zelda and controller bundle in november. I just hope they get their money's worth.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012, 1:44:37 PM PST
Matthew H. says:
The demo was good, but I personally don't think any 3DS game should be $50 or more, but I'm sure Capcom knows some people will pay it so there you go.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012, 4:24:15 PM PST
lizard81288 says:
@Vicente G

lol, yeah, I couldn't agree more. Like my mini review got downvoted so much, you have to click on show post to see it. I just said there were minor flaws that keep the game down & it isn't worth $50. It is still a great game and all.

*expects this post to get down voted because I said it wasn't worth $50*

Posted on Jan 26, 2012, 7:13:35 PM PST
R. Powers says:
Well i preordered it on here when it was just $38 so im good...glad i locked in that price. loved the demo :)

Posted on Jan 26, 2012, 7:25:58 PM PST
Myka H. says:
Why are we taking about prices here?

Posted on Jan 27, 2012, 5:50:31 AM PST
skatastic425 says:
Is this the same demo that came with Mercenaries 3D?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012, 9:42:39 AM PST
Nope. Totally different. This new one is alot better.

Posted on Jan 27, 2012, 11:42:58 AM PST
Magnus says:
I was blown away by the demo. It is about time Nintendo released some demos. I am not even a big RE fan and this demo made me want to buy the game. The one thing I did not like was you are limited to the amount of times you can play the demo. Seems odd since this is an excellent example as to why you would buy a 3DS.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012, 11:45:28 AM PST
lizard81288 says:
It is the one from E3

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012, 10:07:22 PM PST
Bob Main says:
No it isn't the one from E3, it's a new one, and once through it you unlock Hell mode as well.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Jan 19, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
Resident Evil: Revelations
Resident Evil: Revelations by Capcom (Nintendo 3DS)
4.5 out of 5 stars (350)