Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 103 reviews
on March 24, 2015
People looking for a true "album" should probably look elsewhere. It's a collection of demos, nothing more, which means that some tracks will feel more finished than others, and some will be fairly ragged. I like this collection; some songs I like better than others. "Cry On Demand," for example, is really solid, as is "Nuclear." And while his vocals on "Starting to Hurt" get a little yelpy toward the end, it's a pretty decent rocker.

I just wish people would stop complaining about what it's not, and just accept it - and potentially like it - for what it is.
on February 20, 2015
I own this on cd and wanted a vinyl copy when I was given a record player. The music is just as good as the cd, and it does have that vinyl feel when listening. My biggest complaint is that there was nothing in the description about the weight. This is pressed on 120 gram, and it sounds like it. I have found that the 180 gram records I have purchased just sound better (not to mention they should last longer). I would still have purchased it if I had known that it was only available in 120, but it would have been better to have known. The sleeve is a bit cheap feeling, and it does take away from the experience of vinyl for me.
on December 20, 2002
Once again, Mr. Adams is all over the place. That's what I like best about his music-I tend to think of it as putting the proper music with the lyrics. The cd has some punk influenced rockers, "Starting to Hurt," "Gimme a Sign," and "Nuclear," and they sound quite good--he and his backing band can PLAY this stuff! Then there's the beautiful broken-hearted ballads "Cry on Demand," "Dear Chicago," and "She Wants to Play Hearts" that he does better than anyone else. There's two absolutely wonderful country influenced songs, "Hallelujah" and "Chin Up, Cheer Up," and two pop ballads, "You Will Always Be the Same" and "Tomorrow," and demo or not, you have a near perfect cd. There's even a piano-bar type song called "Tennessee Sucks" and an experimental weird drum machine song "Jesus, Don't Touch My Baby." This cd really shows the different styles of music he plays-and he has the talent as a singer, songwriter and guitarist to pull it off. One more thing--I think the lyrics of Dear Chicago are the best he's ever written, and the beautifully quiet understated guitar work suits the song perfectly. I would recommend this to all fans of Mr. Adams--and those who want to try his music, too. This is a good entry point because it showcases every style he plays.
on October 9, 2014
As a devout Ryan Adams fan, this is a great collection of songs, but not necessarily one of his most cohesive albums. This makes sense of course, based on the history of the album and the fact that Ryan did just that, grabbed some great songs and through them on Demolition to satisfy "the man." A few favorits from the album include "Hallelujah", "Chin Up, Cheer Up", and "Dear Chicago"
on March 3, 2016
Really enjoy the intimate accessible sounds and lyrics of Ryan Adams. This album is
very soothing and catch and the moods and feelings presented in each song is
immediate and straighforward! A recommended listen for the singer/songwriter collector! s
on May 10, 2016
An under-appreciated album by Adams. He said himself that he didn't really like this album because it was a bunch of songs from unreleased studio albums. I think it works well by itself and demonstrates more of his rock-n-roll abilities.
on April 11, 2014
Hubby Jim and I purchased this CD because we love "The West Wing" and own the DVD's. We enjoy many songs they used in their programs, including "Desire" (in "Posse Comitatus")...So we just HAD to buy this.

Now, we've listened to the entire album and find it mellow, yet enjoyable. Something a little different from classic rock and/or Christian contemporary, but still very good.
on January 2, 2016
Probably my 2nd favorite Ryan Adams album. Only problem I had is that the piece of vinyl is warped.
Amazon made good by sending out a new piece.
on November 3, 2006
Ryan Adams is a musical chameleon. The opener Nuclear doesn't sound like anything he's done thus far. Although at this point I'm not sure if there's anything Ryan hasn't explored (Smiths-influenced ballads, Rap, NsYnc covers). I like this album a lot because there is such a huge variety, every song seems like it could be a piece to a larger album. Standouts include Cry On Demand, Game of Hearts, You will always be the same. I'd recommend this to anyone interested in Adams. This isn't an album just for the die hard fans, it's actually pretty accessible.
on June 23, 2009
Both musically and lyrically Demolition is the best album Mr. Adams has released(ever released if we believe he's done forever). It is the only album you can put on and play, start to finish, without any non-Ryan Adams listener* asking, "What the hell are we listening to?"(* people with bad, or no taste in music). In all fairness, this is a valid question with some songs on other albums. Not this one. It starts off strong with Nuclear, then Hallelujah,and on through the 6th track, then Tennessee Sucks(in the summer(it does)), and Dear Chicago. This album has a solid 9 very good songs, maybe 10. The others aren't bad at all, those 9 are that good. This album has better continuity than anything since Pneumonia, and not seen again until 29. I know 29 wasn't well received, but you can't argue that it's not consistent. This isn't a review of 29 though. Demolition, if you own more than 1 Ryan Adams or Whiskeytown CD, you'll be mad you deprived yourself of this one for the last 7 years.