Demon Complete Basic Tune Kit with Wax- Everything Needed to do a Basic Tune and Wax for Your Skis and Snowboard
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$10.00 (13%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Demon's Basic Complete Tune Kit that will get you everything needed for a Basic tune up on your ski and snowboard. Perfect for that ski vacation or right in your own garage.
- The Iron is High quality and Custom built for efficiency. This Wax Iron is perfect for Skis and Snowboards. The Iron has an easy turn dial temp gauge, can be switched from 110 or 220 and a lifetime warranty.
- The Demon Basic Complete Tune Kit Includes: Edge tuner Tuning stone Lighting Universal Wax Wax scraper Flat file Wire brush Mini wax iron Polish pad Ptex Metal scraper Includes instructions Carry case
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Demon Ski & Snowboard Tune Kits
Tuning your own equipment is economical and easier than you think. Once you have done it a couple of times you will notice that you can get the same performance of a professional shop tune with out paying the hefty ski shop fees or working with their schedule. You will be going so much faster than your buddies on the hill that they will be paying you to tune their boards! The Demon Complete Tune Kit contains all of the basic tools you need to perform Ski shop quality tunes out of your own garage.
Demon Ski & Snowboard Wax Iron
Temperature adjustable Demon Wax Iron with dual voltage option and a Lifetime Warranty covered by Demon! Easy numbered temperature dial adjusts from 65 C / 149 F and rises to 230 C / 445F.
Demon 13 Piece Tune Kit Includes
-Heavy Duty Carry Case with Handle.
-Adjustable Temp Iron.
-Wax (options vary per kit).
-Tuning Instruction Guide.
-7.5 Inch Wax Scrapper.
-White and Black Ptex.
-90/88 Degree Edge Tuner.
Demon Wax - Made In USA
Demon offers several different sizes, scents and blends of wax for different snow conditions. Our waxes are blended, scented and made with our proprietary blends in Southern California.
|Demon Complete Tune Kit w/ Iron||Demon Complete Tune Kit with Iron and Wax Pack||Demon Complete Tune Kit with Wax and Brush Kit||Demon Podium Ski Snowboard Tune Kit with Iron and Premium Universal Wax Kit||Demon Hyper Speed Ski & Snowboard Tune Kit with Iron, 1lb Wax Block & Base Cleaner|
|13 Piece Demon Complete Tune Kit with Iron (Wax options vary per kit)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|133gm Demon White Lightning Universal Wax||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|10mm Brass base brush-10mm Nylon base brush- 8mm Horsehair bass brush||✓||✓|
|1.06 lbs/ 480 gm Demon Universal Lightning Wax & Citrus Base Cleaner||✓|
|2-Ski brake retainer bands||✓||✓|
|10mm Nylon Base Brush||✓||✓||✓|
|133gm Demon Orange Crush Warm Temp Wax &133gm Demon Blue Blur Cold Wax||✓|
|133gm Demon Black Gold Graphite Universal Wax||✓|
|133gm Demon Modified Hydrocarbon Universal Wax||✓||✓|
Compare with similar items
The Demon Complete tune kit comes with the most essential 13 pieces of equipment needed to tune your skis and snowboards. This kit includes a Heavy Duty Carry Case with handle, Adjustable Temp Iron, Tuning Stone, Wire Brush, 133 gm of Demon's White Lightning Wax, Metal Scrapper, Tuning Instruction Guide, 7.5 Inch Wax Scrapper, White and Black Ptex, Polish Pad, Flat File, 90/88 Degree Edge Tuner and Shavings Brush. The Demon Complete Tune Kit is a perfect kit for at home tuning or on the go tune ups. Save money and do it yourself!
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This kit was a great deal for the money. We live in Washington and it costs $40 for a wax and sharpening of the blades. So if I do this twice, I am saving money. It was easy with this set and took about 30-45 minutes total to wax and sharpen my blades. (I probably used too much wax and had to scrape off a lot but I wanted to get it super smooth.) This set comes with enough wax to do aprox 4 ski waxings. (I used about 1/4 of what came in the pack to do one pair of skis.) The iron is tiny about 5 inches tall, but that works out great since it is compact and fits into the handy tool case. The cord is somewhat curly and cumbersome since it came in a tight wad, so I had a friend hold the cord while I waxed since it was too short to drape over my shoulder like a power tool cord, but too long so it kept dropping into the hot wax. So I asked a buddy to hold the cord while I did the waxing and it made it much easier. (I know I sound so amateur...but this was my first try so a buddy was helpful.)
1) the sharpening tool is cheap...very cheap. It does not secure the file in place and the file keeps falling out. In short, the file is wobbly and feels very flimsy. Since there is nothing to secure the file in place, I stuffed 4 pennies into the slot alongside the file and they held the files-stone in place no problem. (Then I sharpened with the opposite side of the blade from where I placed the pennies.) It is not great quality, but good enough to do a once over. The file also has too big of a handle underneath the file-stone, so you can't sharpen near the ski stoppers because it crashes into the stopper and gets hung-up. (I am not sure why the handle is so big under the file. Strange design since most skis have a stopper. Maybe for my next purchase I will get a better quality sharpening tool since the sharpener only gets a 1 star in my opinion. See below for pennies.
2) Since the iron is so small, the only place they had to put the dial is under the handle so you can't read it. Luckily I guessed the "med" temp the first time out, so I will just leave the temp there always so I know I have the right temp. But the iron worked great, so not a big issue if I can't adjust the temp.
Other than those two issues, I think the kit is great for the weekend skier who only has to wax/sharpen skis a few times a season.
Note to the beginner (meaning me): I laid down a ton of newspaper on the floor, but once I started scraping the skis wax flew everywhere. Then as I accidentally stepped onto the shavings they stuck on the floor where i didn't have newspaper. So then I had to scrape my floor. Be sure to do this in the garage or outside...I might be scraping wax off my kitchen floor for a week.
The iron’s dial is a bit difficult to get to, however, it works fine as advertised. It heats up quick, and the quality of the plastic is...durable enough. I feel like a couple of drops would be the end of this iron.
** To note, the iron doesn’t fit in the bag that this kit comes with.
Files and scrapers—-
As far as the other tools, they work well:
The two scrapers, plastic and metal are sturdy.
The 1 brass brush i haven’t used yet, but would be good just to brush of the metal pieces from your file.
The wax smells nice, and gives me good speed on the slopes. The 133 grams provided will probably last me a total of 5-7 snowboard waxes. There wasn’t a recommended iron temperature to use for this so i just turn the iron’s dial up to when the block of wax is dripping steadily and not smoking.
I would recommend purchasing a horse hair brush or nylon brush, which isn’t included in this kit, for use after a hot wax, to bring out the texture/shape of the base( I don’t know the science behind this brushing part, but if the pros do it, i’m all for it).
If you're interested in this kit I would highly recommend buying a separate iron to go with it.
Top international reviews
I'm using this in UK so i had some problems with the plug.