Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop now TG18PP_gno

on September 11, 2011
I did the "Sculpt & Burn Body Blitz" for the first time today and it did make my body break a light to medium sweat. I was a little sore about 5 hours later.

The DVD has the warm up, the cool down, and four individual and self-contained ten minute workouts. I did all six parts from begining to end, and I thought it was good. You have the option of doing any one workout or all four or any combination, with or without the warm up and cool down. It also has the option for instruction or music only. There's also a 30 day recommendation for anyone who needs guidance on what workout to do and what days to do it on.

Here's the breakdown.

Warm up (5 minutes): This has a few unusual moves which I have never seen before this video. I enjoyed it.

Mixed Martial Arts (10 minutes): I found this workout and the Athletic Conditioning workout a little challenging, and for both, I had to modify some moves. Both aerobic workouts moved your body along.

Athletic Conditioning (10 minutes): Please see the martial arts workout for info.

Kettlebell-Inspired (10 minutes): Don't worry. You don't need a kettlebell for this one. Denise Austin and the other co-exercisers use one light dumbbell. The extra light weight boosts the calorie burn and intensity. The movements were practically non-stop, but with only one light weight, one can do it. I liked this one.

Cardio Sculpt (10 minutes): This one uses two light weight dumbbells. But again, the weight is light, with the same purpose: boosting calorie burn. I liked this one too.

Cool down (5 minutes): Some stretches are a little difficult, but you do what's comfortable or what you can.

Finally, Ms. Austin has two male and two female demonstrators, so this is intended for both men and women. Ms. Austin is chatty, instructive, and encouraging. I recommend this video.
0Comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 1, 2011
I really like this video because the 10 minute segments are total body workouts. Most videos I have found that have 10 minute segments just focus on one section of the body at a time, like upper body, lower body, or abs. There are moves that I have not seen in other workout videos before. There are 4 total 10 minute segments with a separate warm up and cool down, as another reviewer stated. I would say this would be good for someone who has had some other workout video experience, as she doesn't spend time on exercise form since the segments are only 10 minutes. A lot of the moves are compound moves, like squats with shoulder presses, bridge with chest press, or lunges with side twists. The moves are easy to learn, and there aren't any dance moves. Overall, I like this better than a lot of the other videos I've used.
0Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 22, 2013
I have worked out with Denise forever and this is my new favorite dvd. There is a 5 min warmup, a 5 min cool down and several 10 minute programs that you can mix and match. There is a martial arts inspired one, cardio sculpt, kettle bell inspired and athletic one. I like to mix them up to keep it fresh. Haven't gotten bored with this mix at all! They are more challenging than her other dvds that I have and I love this one. Definitely seeing results on the scale and with the way I feel. I really like her personality and always have. I've tried other popular fitness programs but always come back to Denise!
on September 11, 2013
I have 2 copies of this video. The first one skipped and stopped so I bought another one, and it also skipped and stopped. I found that cleaning every time before use fixed the problem.
There are 4 10 minute workouts, very intense, and I looked forward to the 9 minute mark when it would be over. But I felt I had really accomplished something when I was done. I really love the separate 5 minute warm-up and cool-down. I actually use them with other videos because I enjoy them so much. The cool-down uses some yoga moves and stretches which are very helpful. The mixed Martial Arts video was the hardest one for me because of the the many versions of jumping jacks. I like to do one for about 5 times in a row so I can feel I have mastered it, then move on to the next one. The Kettlebell-inspired 10 minute video actually uses weights. I have priced kettlebells and prefer weights instead. the cardio sculpt is a strength training move and is an extra-good workout; you also end up on your back for the last 2 minutes or so which is a nice little rest.
on October 3, 2014
I have worked out with Denise Austin for years now, but this dvd has been different then the rest. It was quite challenging at first but I stuck with it. After 2 weeks, I could see results in my muscle strength and I was more toned. This dvd includes 4 different workouts (plus a warm up and cool down) and you can mix and match them. It has now been 3 months with this as my regular workout dvd. I am still seeing results even with only doing two of the four sets. This workout is high intensity so you will SWEAT! If you want low impact, then go with a different Denise dvd. And I happen to like Denise's voice: encouraging and it doesnt feel like she is yelling at you :)
on April 18, 2015
Denise Austin never fails to produce great workout DVD's. If you are looking for something that will work you hard but not too hard I recommend this one. After the workout you really feel like you worked hard. I usually do two workouts with warm up and cool down. She gives you four different 10 minute workouts so you don't have to worry about becoming bored. Really you are getting more for your money. A lot of people complain about her chirpy style but for me it works. Plus there is the option to workout without hearing her voice. With DVD's like this one there really is no excuse not to workout.
on January 8, 2014
I love Denise Austin's Dvds. I have lots of her dvd collection. This dvd is my favorite one. It has six parts .First 5 minutes are warm-up, and then the next four parts have 10 minutes each . All of them are easy to follow . The last sixth part is a 5 minutes of cool down. Total running time is 52 minutes. Time goes very fast. I love this dvd . you get good exercise and makes you swet like anything. I feel soooo good when I finished this workout. I strongly recommend to everyone particularly those who wants to lose weight .Most of the movements are not very hard at all. I am 55 year old woman. when I do this exercise I am sure anybody can do it.
on February 1, 2018
This Denise Austin video gets the job done! And in the comfort of my living room, or on the road, or in a hotel. Love that I bought and downloaded it and can stream it on any of my devices. She is fantastic. Definitely have more muscle definition since I started doing this work out (generally try to do two sessions) a month ago.
on January 13, 2016
Here's another great Denise Austin workout video. There are several workouts I'm still in the process of learning, but I anticipate I will like this one as well the other 2 I have already mastered. You get great workouts & results without the "pain" some other trainers put you through. My daughter who's a physical therapist gives a thumbs up to Denise Austin & her workouts.
on February 26, 2012
This is a great workout. There are 6, 10 minute segments - a warm up & cool down, kettle ball inspired, mixed martial arts,athletic conditioning & a low impact sculpt.
I though the music was good, you have an option of working out with Denise's instruction or just the music. I felt my legs tightening up with in a few workouts and noticed a visible difference with in a week ( I started with the warm up, mixed martial, then added the athletic conditioning & now added the kettle). This dvd is a great value - I think I paid about $6.
You may use a small pair of dumbbells ( I use soup cans ! )
I highly recommend this dvd.