Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 146 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 188 reviews
on September 11, 2013
I did customize my own workout when I got this video, as suggested on the cover. I started out with the lower body set, then built a workout using the warm up, chest firmer, and arm shaper. These exercises built upper body strength using weights. It was the first video I had shaping the upper body with weights and I got results. I noticed one day that my upper and lower arms were much more defined and I had little muscles!!! this was empowering for a senior citizen, believe me.
Denise Austin is my favorite person to work out with because she is so upbeat. She makes me feel that she woke up with a smile on her face, ready to face the world and work out while she is doing it. I love her encouragement and sunny personality.
These are good workouts because you can add to them or just do as many as you feel on any given day.
on June 13, 2017
I love Denise Austin. I like her personality and her style . I was not disappointed with this dvd. I have done the entire DVD and loved all the segments. Every muscle gets worked. They are short sets but it does say "10 5 minute segments". There is the pre-set option which I used all the time. you can do upper body one day, legs another and abs a different day. They are effective exercises . I also like the fact though that if for some reason I need a short workout , I can go to this dvd and feel I still did something even if short. Highly recommend!
on September 25, 2014
Just perfect for me - I never have all the time to work on all my trouble areas. After a jog and/or speedwalking on the track, I often use this one at home afterward for strength training, starting with moves that work my trouble areas that bother me the most. That butt-burning quick workout was the best advice anyone has ever given me. Most effective for working the difficult "thuttock" area without having to strain, overextend, feel "weird" about performing it (as one might while doing "froggies" on a ball), or lose my balance.
on May 26, 2013
Although I find Denise a bit "cheesy" in this DVD, I still find myself using it every week. The 5 minute segments are quick and enjoyable; but not super-challenging. I started with a 5 lb. weight and found it to be perfect. 2-3 lb. weights wouldn't do the upper body segments any justice. I can feel it working from the slight soreness in my upper back & legs the next day. She does try to motivate through the DVD - but hearing her tell us how almost every single move is her "favorite move" & "Thhhaaaaattt's great" can wear on you a bit. I just focus on the exercises & add an extra move or two while she transitions. I'm not sure, maybe I find her just annoying enough to keep watching!
on October 16, 2016
I do this every other day. Perfect for any age or weight, since you can do just one or all of them. I alternate days between the upper body workouts and lower body workouts.
on June 30, 2017
excellent
on May 18, 2009
I've never been much of an exerciser at all. But I started noticing a decrease in energy so decided to do something about it. I bought this DVD because I saw that there is only 5 minutes per toning workout. It seemed like a good way to start exercising. And I was right! I love this DVD because I can pick and choose which target areas I want to work on and it only takes 5 minutes for each one! I've been seeing results, especially in my arms. This video is perfect for people who don't have a lot of time to work out or who are just beginning like me. It is a good video to combine with some sort of cardio. I use this video every other day and do a cardio workout in between. I don't mind Denise Austin - sometimes it's nice to hear encouragement.
on March 24, 2017
Most of the exercises aren't too vigorous. The ones requiring some stretching I skip. I use the tense-and-release exercises. It's fun and I am getting results.
on August 27, 2013
I did this DVD yesterday (the day it arrived in the mail) and now I'm feeling it. It's a really great DVD for toning and also has the added benefit of doing exercises that protect your muscles and joints. I got it to expand my options on the weight lifting routines I already do, but I was very happy when I got up this morning a bit sore. I can all ready tell this DVD is going to tighten up a lot of areas that were getting neglected. A lot of people dislike Austin's voice and find her either too cheerful or belittling. That is not the case. If you take the time to listen, she's actually very funny and is taking the stance of it being better to laugh in your workout than to get discouraged. She's clearly an expert in her field (I mean just look at her!)and that goes to show her disposition and approach to health work. Being positive and humorous go a long way in achieving sustainable results. I'm very glad I purchased this DVD. I can mix routines when I'm short on time, or I can do the whole thing. I like being able to tailor my exercise and at five minute intervals you do a lot of focused work but you don't feel overwhelmed by them--because you know the segment is only five minutes long and you can survive five minutes until the next segment working on a different set of muscles.
on May 27, 2016
We like this one....goes fast and makes you feel great!