Truck Season Automotive HPC Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on August 14, 2015
Love this book -- it is one of the best diet/lifestyle books ever written. The program is easy...so simple to follow and is very balanced so that you do not feel deprived of good foods. One of my favorite lunches in the book is a PBJ...it feels like you are cheating but you're not! By the end of the week, I lost 4 lbs and I felt terrific. I love Denise's inspirational tips throughout the book to keep going and stay motivated. This is all you need to get and stay on track. I am a big fan of Denise's workouts...they are challenging but not over the top crazy...(like Turbofire or Insanity which are unnecessarily strenuous on the body)...I love all of them...even the oldies!! I highly recommend this book and Denise's workouts...you'll lose weight and feel great...b/c as Denise says "You are worth it"!
on December 21, 2014
Food and exercises really good. Since I've not the time to do all that cooking continually - I did the 3 weeks HOWEVER did not do the extra 2 miles of running, etc and as stated in the book - you wouldn't see the 12 pound weight loss. I still do the 12 minute exercises daily though -- it good for AM prep for the world :)
Good writings also about calories and the body -- If I were a runner -- I guess I'd seen more positive results. I later found out that I have been lacking in calories for the exercise I do so now have to try to balance my eating and exercise to avoid putting my body into starvation mode which holds the calories/fat versus burning off. This fact -- I learned from a Dietician. Yet this book is a good resource!
on April 7, 2014
Because I am continually on the road, I use the workouts in this book a lot. I downloaded this to my Kindle and, unlike other reviewers, I've not had issues with using it (maybe because I use it so often, I'm familiar with the exercises). This book is packed with good tips. As for the diet, I personally prefer a different approach.
4 people found this helpful
on October 14, 2017
Good book
on February 17, 2012
There's just no new information in this book. I could spend 20 minutes looking at Tumblr or another user generated content site and see everything this book has to offer. The "meal plan" is basically "eat more veggies and less simple carbs." I bought this book for realistic ideas for how to work more exercise into an average 9-5 day, but most of this is similar to a workout infographic. There's no deeper information about the exercises or the science behind the plan.

Also, the book shows Ms. Austin performing squats in what appear to be stiletto heels.

This isn't a bad book, I just think it's more the kind of thing you give away for free to promote a more in-depth product. If you're an absolute beginner to getting into a healthy lifestyle and losing weight, this would be an awesome starter guide, but if you already know a decent amount about the topic, you won't find it useful.
on February 8, 2012
I bought this book for my Kindle first, but the pictures of the exercises were too small to see clearly, so I bought a paper version. I have several of Denise Austin's videos, so I have been a fan of hers for a long time. Basically this book just teaches us to use common sense in our every day life. We all can find a few minutes to exercise in our day, even if it is while waiting on the toast to pop up or something to cook on the stove. She has some great ideas and pointers. She also has some good recipes included. I would recommend this book.
on February 25, 2013
This is another one of Denise's wonderful exercise and diet guides. Would recommend it to anyone who has a little or a lot of time to exercise. It is very versatile.
One person found this helpful
on October 30, 2017
Does what it's supposed to do.
on June 24, 2010
This book is typical Denise--solid nutrition in easy to follow menus, along with easy to do exercise routines. The book's organization is a little different--it has Monday's menus and workouts for 3 weeks, then Tuesday, etc....and when you get through Sunday the first week you turn back to Monday and follow the second week's plan. It took me a while to "get" that; but after that I found it easy enough to follow. My health care professional has since had me cut out gluten, so the menus are not so appropriate for me now; but over all it's a good exercise and diet plan.
on September 4, 2015
shes good but the wife didn't use it