Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 4, 2016
I'll just get this out of the way: these things aren't exactly comfortable. Swapped out the wings and the tips multiple times. In the end, I can probably wear these for about 35-40 minutes at a time before the discomfort starts to become unbearable. While working out? Maybe 10. Though I'm not sure these particular IE Phones are meant for that kind of activity. Especially since the tips are rather easy to lose (though an extremely conservative application of super glue resolved that issue).

Anyway, as for actual performance, these things are excellent for the price. The technical terms are a bit beyond me, but the quality is something you'll appreciate regardless whether or not you consider yourself an audiophile. The music controls are easily accessible, though they may not be compatible with certain devices. The knob's rotation (controls volume in iPhones, I believe) had no effect when using the product with my Galaxy S5. Not much of a bother for me, but something you may want to be aware of.

All in all, if you can get past the questionable fitting, you'll find an otherwise quality product.
on July 16, 2014
Great headphones, especially for ~$90, they are a steal. By far my favorite pair I have owned from a high-end Shure (not sure which model it was a long time ago, and unfortunately they broke..) to Sennheier IE80 to various cheaper earbuds. They are bass heavy (which I greatly enjoy) but not overpowering and have a good spread of frequencies, not just that abrasive thumping low. The mids and highs come in nicely too.

Add in a signal processing/EQ app (I use DFX audio enhancer for my PC), and you have a great experience for PC listening, as it can provide more power to your ear buds than say an iPod. They work well with my iPhone as well, although any mobile music player can only do so much. The headphones have a wider spectrum of frequencies it can reproduce than most headphones you will get, giving your music more life and a better sound stage. They are colored for that more electronic high energy music, not surprising given the name, but rap and rock sound just as wonderful. For me, I need no other earphones.

My advice is to buy some some quality foam tips (Comply Tx-400 Isolation PLUS Earphone Tips (Black, 3 Pairs, Medium, is what I use) as the seal between your ear and the drivers is what brings in the bass and helps all the frequencies fit together. With these tips, the music is immerse and will block out EVERYTHING around you. People have yelled at me from 10ft away, and I can barely hear them. Great for before you go to sleep in a dark room. Remember, ear bud fit, the music player/EQ, and bit rate/file type are just as important as the physical ear buds. If you have low quality files or a bad ear bud fit, there is not much difference between these or a cheaper pair. Together with the DFX app and the ear bud tips, it is the best music listening experience I have had; I can actually just get lost in the music and all the intricate little details that I couldn't hear before.

They are comfortable for me as well and stay in well, even when sweating and moving; which is very important for me. They are plastic, but seem to hold up well, even working outdoors and intensive physical exercise. The cable is relatively thick and sturdy, which is a plus; no cracks, tangling, twisting. They come with a wide variety of silicon and foam tips of varying sizes and pliability, you should find something that works. The provided tips worked well for me, the ones I got just work even better.

The only cons I have had is that the wire near the connector has broken on a previous pair, but I bought another pair as I loved it so much, and other ones didn't compare. This could also be due to the fact that I run with them regularly and had them catch on doorknobs frequently, which violently rips them out of the iPhone port; not good for the wires. The other con is that they may stick out of your ear a little too obviously for some people, but I haven't had an issue with it. They are slightly weightier/larger than most in ear buds, but that is how you get that nice bass response. I don't need to use the included ear stabilizer things, (the curved rubber protruding above the tips) even when doing sprints and sweating; my ears are average sized too, so most people should be able to handle it just fine.

BOTTOM LINE: for the price I haven't found a pair worth buying over these. They make my runs amazing and let me get into focus mode for studying.
on March 29, 2014
For around $80, this is a very good set of headphones. The bass sounds great, as advertised, and they are comfortable despite their size.

I did not like them so much right out of the box, though. If you purchase these, I would suggest taking off the ear stabilizers that are meant to rest in the inner bowl of your ears. With the stabilizers on, the ear tips don't go deep enough in the ear canal for a proper seal, causing the sound to be weak.

I was worried about taking the stabilizers off, thinking the ear phones would not stay in place very well since they are so big. They actually stay in really well, however, because they are light weight and the tips are angled to match the contours of your ears. I have a pair of Soul by Ludacris SL99's, which are comparable in size, and these Denon's fit so much better. The drivers on the Soul's tend to rest on the bottom of my outer ear, causing the tips to put awkward pressure in my inner ear. They also fall out way too easily. These Denon's don't do that. They stay in place and I can wear them for hours at a time without any problems.

These Denon's come with a great selection of ear tips. I like the Comply foam tips the best, but the double silicon tips are also good. The cord is also nice. It is a little longer than I prefer, but it is sturdy and doesn't tangle easily.

These headphones do need a considerable amount of time to burn in. At first, the highs sounded really harsh, which is bad for vocals and guitars. After a burn for about 50 hours, then using them for a month, they sound much better. I use an EQ app on my phone and turn down the high sounds a little, and that makes them sound fantastic.

Overall, a great set of headphones. I gave them 4 stars instead of 5 because they need some modifications to sound great, such as removing the stabilizers and using an EQ app. Also, because of their size, they are not as portable as other headsets I own. The case is huge and doesn't fit nicely in my pocket like I hoped. Despite these minor issues, they are great.
on February 21, 2014
Just want to say besides my pair of Westone 2 these have got to be the best sounding ear buds I've ever owned. I received them as a gift from my wife who always tries her best at gifts... I was afraid they were going to sound like Monster, you know, "All Bass and No Beats"(well, that's what I like to say anyway) and was going to upset my wife by never using them. I was thrilled when I popped them in and turned them on. Its got bass and a lot of it, but in no way is it overpowering! The High's are crisp and the Mid's have plenty of depth(yes, I know, they're ear buds, but what depth exists is still really good). They all seem to blend almost perfectly with the bass standing out a little of course. They fit in your ears very comfortably and secure which I find amazing considering the massive size of these things. Wearing them for very long periods may start to cause a little discomfort due to the shear mass of them trying to fall out of your ears, but being securely locked in at the same time. Now going into the things I'm not a big fan of.... First off, like many others have quoted, these puppies are Huge and honestly, look very goofy(being married with two small kids I don't really care about the goofiness factor, but some of the younger generation might want to take this into consideration) which I'm fine with, however the size will get in the way if you felt like even remotely resting your head on or even close to something...a tug or pull on the cords is all you need to give a pressure point or pinch somewhere in your ear. Stating that, if you are just sitting around, walking, doing yard/house work, or even jogging these will rest comfortably, just no resting of your head...meaning, I probably wouldn't recommend them for travelers, as we tend to nod off(been there, it was a rude awakening). My biggest compliant(which maybe if they didn't have would reduce the size) is the very, very stupid audio controller built into the right ear bud for basic audio control and phone answering. This sounds like a great idea, being able to answer a call, skip a song, pause something, adjust volume, but it just doesn't work for me, seems like it works for other, but I just can't get the hang of it. It's a single button in which you push either Center/Left/Right/Up/Down for commands; first off, it hurts like hell when you push it because it rams the bud into my ear giving me a pinch or pressure point and I can't seem to work the button because of its small size(I tried working it once when I was jogging and never do it again-long story short, I lost concentration trying to figure this thing out and ran into a tree) and I have normal, if not smaller sized hands. I do like that the micro-phone is in the ear bud; that is kinda cool. I am very happy with the product though, please note I'm only taking one star off for the size and controller... the sound is Five Stars all the way, something you'd find in the price range of ear buds hitting the $300 mark no problem. Basically, if you are un-cool and do not sleep in your ear buds then these are a no-brainer best buy...
on March 14, 2014
At first I was kind of feeling them out because the only headphones I had were the apple in the ear ones. I thought those were great however I was kind of tired of them because the wires were beginning to come apart. Also, I had them for about 2 years and over time after wrapping them up in a loose coil, they would no longer go straight when I was using them which became extremely annoying.

In regards to the Denon earphones, I would say the sound at first seemed slightly muffled, however once I got over that, which only took a couple seconds, I noticed that the sound was a lot more round and full bodied. I watched a youtube video review on these earphones and the guy to talked about them put it perfectly when he said that the earphones make you want to get up and party to the music coming out of them. Now, to address the bass, you literally feel like your headphones have a subwoofer in them. As for the fit, I began to worry about whether or not I would have to send them back because I mainly use the earphones to study and after an hour or two of studying, my ears began to hurt from the stabilizers. I tried different combinations of the ear tips and silicon stabilizers and not one combination seemed to work getting rid of the pain. I finally tried the foam tips and left off the silicon stabilizers. I found this to be the best fit I have ever had with a set of in-the-ear headphones. The build quality is great and the packaging is impressive. The cable is one of the big highlights to the build quality because it feels sturdy. One interesting feature is the control on the right earphone. The skip and play/pause functions work with my HTC one but the twist nob to change the volume does not. I have tried these features on apple products and all of them work. Overall I am happy with the purchase I made. I would suggest you pick up a pair as soon as possible; especially when they are going for about $80 USD.
on August 10, 2014
This ear phone is actually the BEST earphone I've ever had, good balance between high mid low, and I can hear the detail very well, great build quality, the switch is solid, I had burn-in the earphone and I SERIOUSLY LOVE THE SOUND come out from it!!! Microphone is a bit quiet, and call others in public looks quiet silly, but not a problem for me at all.

Only downside, is that it's too big and hard to wear on, say if you wake up and go on bus, you need approx. 1 and half minutes to actually get it on in position, which is way to silly.(get it on is quiet simple, but in order to achieve perfect sound you have to put it in position, which is freaking hard).
3 helpful votes
on October 28, 2013
I been buying alot of earphones and headphones for a long time now. I have most of the top brands and they dont even come close to the denon urban raver. this sounds better the the beats by dre headphone that cost 300 dollars.tye high are clean and the mids are clean also..but the bass is unreal,its like your in a nightclub and you can really not only hear the bass but you can feel it. The bass is very clean and it does not hurt your eyes like other bass earphones..if the bass is to much for you.you can always turn down the bass from your EQ on your phone or tablet or laptop. Wow these denon makes me feel like im in a concert.i can hear every little detail of song..i only got the denon a couple days ago and im.blow away by them..
11 comment|Report abuse
on May 27, 2014
I'm from China.And in China you have to pay 2000 RMB (about 300 USD) for this headphones.So I bought it from Amazon of US.I
think this headset only worth this price(55 usd).It performs better than the AKG K420,but not much better. The high frequency and middle frequency is apparently better than the K420.It performs badly for Android phones and other Non-Apple products.But it performs well for my Thinkpad T430.One of the headphoes accessories was lost when Amazon sent it to me.I can't find the Ear stabilier (M size ,the left one) .I looked over the package carefully.And I can't find it .The M size Ear stabilier matches my ear perfectly.but that unable to use it make me a bit disappionted.
on February 10, 2014
Sound is really good with deep bass, but the sound quality is still better with my Klipsh Image S4, and the S4' are more comfortable, I listen to the Denons with a headphone amplifier I got from parts express and use the Denon App(equalizer) to dial in more bass and it's pretty impressive how much pounding bass comes out of the Denons, but I still prefer the ease of use and comfort and superior midrange and smoother higher frequencies of the Klipsh Image S4, while the bass isn't quite as good as the Denons it's still very present and tight and good. Denons were a good deal for $79.
on January 5, 2014
for the price I paid, this earphone is totally a steal. it is retailing at S$369 in my country and I only paid S$130+ including shipping.

As everyone mentioned, bass was powerful yet does not sacrifice the mids and clarity. Only downside were the size, weight and the length off the cable. However thr length of the long cable can be easily solved by coiling it and as for the size and weight, you have to give and take for its superior sound quality.

I demoed it to my friends and family and they were truely impressed!