|Price:||$199.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Hardside/Hard Plastic
- Noise Cancelling blocks out ambient noise. Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Connectivity with CD Sound Quality for Premium, CD Quality Audio over Bluetooth (Bluetooth with aptX). Integrated Amplifier. Memory-foam, pentagonal-shaped ear pads provide superior comfort. Two-axis ear cup articulation for a perfect fit. Black Protein Leather with exposed stitching. Adjustable metal slider. Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Connectivity, Integrated controls & microphones for superior mobility, ease of use, and convenience. Denon's patent-pending Control Wheel for control of iPod, iPhone, iPad, and other mobile devices via Bluetooth.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Designed to fold flat into a case about the size of an iPad (case included, Denon's Globe Cruiser headphones, AH-NCW500SR and AH-NCW500BK, are exceptionally portable. Created with the frequent business traveler in mind, Denon's Globe Cruiser On-Ear headphones provide exceptional sound quality.
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 6.8 x 1.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00858I53I
- Item model number: AH-NCW500BK
- Batteries: 1 Nonstandard Battery batteries required. (included)
- Date first available at Amazon.com: June 25, 2012
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
Still testing it.
But I think I don't wanna return it.
Putting aside the price & the generally ambivalent reviews on this site & elsewhere, I thought these looked like high quality gear.
This was reinforced when they arrived in a beautiful box, similar to Apple's packaging in general. The headphones themselves are gorgeous & feel very solidly constructed.
That said, I'm forced to return these after less than a week of use. There are a number of issues, as follow:
- The weight of these on the head is heavy. Not something I'd want during a headache. They also fit very tightly, although I confess to a large head (7 & 7/8 hat size).
- The instructions are flat out incorrect. They state that one cannot initiate calls from the headphones. One can, which I found by accident.
- Several important buttons (on/off, noise canceling) are very, very small & hard to use. I was kind of shocked by this, given the large size of the headphones. Perhaps over time one could learn to use them, but I literally had to take the headphones off while driving for this reason.
- The noise canceling was modest at best. I expected this in advance, based on other reviews.
- Mid range frequencies (e.g. human voice) were dampened during audio playback, although highs & lows were good. Other reviews also noted this.
- Phone call quality was below average. Specifically, I was continually asked to speak up, much more so than my previous (much cheaper) headphones.
- The straw that broke the back was trouble getting the headphones to reliably work. Several times they would not acquire a signal, despite repeatedly on/off, re-connecting, etc.
On the plus side, these were pretty comfortable (if quite heavy), when they did work the signal did not drop, & pop music sounded pretty good.
But for this price, I consider these a failure of engineering. Too bad, because they are stunning headphones in appearance.
I highly Recommend On-Ear Wireless Headphones.
Con: Noice reduction was good, but not as much I had hoped for. Still a great pair of headphones.
I have to return them, however. The sound leaks like a $15 pair of headphones. Everyone in the room can hear my music when I wear these. Since they are advertised as "travel" headphones, I thought they would be good for commuting on planes and trains: not possible, without offending everyone near me. Noise cancellation on/off had no effect on the leak.
I bought these headphones out of frustration with sennheiser (which consistently break at the end of two years), but I think I will buy yet another sennheiser pair, since they have no sound leakage. Too bad: I want to keep these for the (better) sound quality!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
All features are great , however the ON EAR , instead of over ear, fell off my head and
Busted the plastic headband.
So I've been looking for a good set of headphones, Bluetooth, not so much with active noise cancelling, but since I saw these at Fry's for $119.00, I headed my way ASAP! Read morePublished on April 17, 2014 by Jerry M. Ku
These are great headphones - i have any headphones to compare these to. The sound on these is great and connectivity to my iphone 5s is excellent I got these on sale at a local... Read morePublished on February 7, 2014 by I.N. Botnick
I respect Denon's quality and build but they must have rushed this product. The noise reduction does not work and the controls are clunky. Read morePublished on January 23, 2014 by A Serious Reader
Denon Globe Cruiser Wireless NCW500 provides terrific music! You are gonna love it.
The only disadvantage will be it's weight.