Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Denon AVR-591 5.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver wi..." and save 7% off the $349.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Denon AVR-591 5.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver with HDMI 1.4a (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- 5.1-channel home theater receiver/amplifier with 375 watts of total power (5 x 75W)
- 3D-enabled HDMI pass-through technology (HDMI 1.4a); all sources are up-converted to HDMI
- High-definition audio support--Dolby TruHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, and Dolby Pro Logic IIz for front height effects channels
- Audyssey MultEQ dynamic room acoustic correction system with included microphone
- Measures 17-3/32 x 6-47/64 x 15 inches (WxHxD); weighs 20 pounds, 4.5 ounces
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Packed with great features that assures a superb 5.1-channel surround sound experience, the Denon AVR-591 supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and it includes the latest HDMI 1.4a technology, which provides for 3D pass-through capabilities to your HDTV (broadcast and Blu-ray). It also features Dolby Pro Logic IIz, a technology that adds a vertical dimension at the front for a more exciting surround sound experience. Additionally, the AVR-591 features Denon's Audyssey MultEQ and AutoSetup capabilities, and it includes a tower type microphone for more accurate measuring.
With four HDMI inputs, the AVR-591 can easily accommodate a wide variety of HD sources, including cable or satellite set-top boxes, an HD game console, Blu-ray Disc player, and even an HD camcorder. The remote features discrete input selector buttons for quick source selection and includes dedicated buttons for iPod control with an optional Denon iPod dock.
- Fully discrete, identical quality and power for all 5 channels (75 W x 5)
- High-definition audio support--Dolby TruHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
- 3D-enabled HDMI pass-through technology (HDMI 1.4a)
- All sources are up-converted to HDMI (4 HDMI in/1 HDMI out)
- Stable power supply for high-quality sound and picture playback
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume for real-time volume adjustment
- Minimum Signal Path for clear audio and video signal
- Compressed Audio Restorer to enhance digital music files
- Stereo mini jack on front panel lets you connect any portable audio player
- Measures 17-3/32 x 6-47/64 x 15 inches (WxHxD); weighs 20 pounds, 4.5 ounces
HDMI 1.4a Includes 3D Blu-ray Compatibility
Equipped with 4 HDMI inputs, the AVR-591 includes the latest HDMI 1.4a specification, which provides 3D pass-through (Broadcast and Blu-ray) capability.
High Resolution Surround Sound
For the ultimate surround sound experience, the AVR-591 features a wide array of high resolution audio decoders, including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio, as well as Dolby Pro Logic IIx, which provides Music, Cinema and Game modes.
Quality Discrete Power Amplifier Section
The equal power amp design features 5 matched discrete power amp circuits, and each channel is rated at 75 watts (8 ohms, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, .08% THD).
Easy Setup With Automatic Room Acoustic Correction
Audyssey MultEQ dynamic room acoustic correction system features a microphone (included) to automatically measure the speaker configuration and provide acoustic tailoring for the best surround sound experience. Dynamic Volume helps eliminate jarring volume jumps during commercials, and Dynamic EQ provides a rich tonal balance at any volume level.
3.5mm Front Panel Audio Input Jack
To fully enjoy your favorite portable audio tracks, the AVR-591 features a convenient 3.5mm stereo audio jack on the front panel, allowing quick and easy connection to your portable audio device. And, the AVR-591 features Denon’s exclusive Compressed Audio Restorer function, which completely re-constructs the full audio frequency range, restoring lost high frequency detail for the most natural and believable tonal balance.
Ergonomic Design Promotes Easy Control
With its programmable functions and intuitive button layout, the AVR-591 is designed to maximize ease of use. The front panel is smartly organized, featuring clearly-labeled buttons and onboard controls for volume and source. The AVR-591's remote can sync with other entertainment devices in your home theater, eliminating the need for additional remote controls. It can also be easily programmed with macro functions, giving you more flexibility in controlling your home theater.
Dock Connectivity for iPod and Network Streaming
Network music can be enjoyed via the optional Denon Networked Control Dock.
5-Channel Equal Power
5-Channel Equal Power connects 5 speakers independently without requiring separate power amps for the pre-outs. It complements Dolby Digital EX and dts ES sound modes, allowing you to connect the 'surround back' speaker straight off the main amplifier without adding a power amplifier to support 5.1 surround formats. With built-in separate internal amplifiers to power each channel independently, this feature allows you to enjoy the same high power output capability per channel, giving a balanced and truly high-impact surround-sound environment.
What's in the Box
Denon receiver/amplifier; remote control with batteries; Audyssey microphone; AM/FM antennas; operating instructions
Top Customer Reviews
I also appreciate the analog-to-digital video conversion (the kid's composite-video Click Start game is converted to HDMI) as it allows me to leave the TV on one input and never need to change it; this also makes the system simpler and more predictable.
The Denon configuration menus are relatively easy to use though I do have to keep the manual around to help me find some of the 'advanced' settings. You are required to run their Audessey speaker-test before you can adjust a lot of things, e.g. speaker levels (the center speaker needs to be louder), or 'Night Mode' volume compression.
The one problem I've had is that I sometimes lose the audio signal/sync, e.g. when I pause my Tivo S3. Switching to/from another input or program always fixes it, though, so I'm only knocking 1 'star' off my score for the unit: I give it 4 Stars.
- HDMI on-screen Audyssey eq and assignment functions. This helps a lot because the small screen on the unit won't suffice. Using the same technology as the Alpine imprint system (which works great in the car), you can tune to your environment. Not unique, but well done all the same
- HDMI repeater for all inputs. This is a pro and con, read more to find out why.
- HDMI 1.4 for future 3D capability. Plan for that future 3D screen (Especially good if you already own a PS3)
- Denon reputation and audio quality compared to similar priced Pioneer/Sony units
- Price, very reasonable for the feature set
- Power rated at 6 ohms, which, as you might expect means that it doesn't have quite the juice of its rivals (70w/channel at 8ohm). I definitely notice the lack of power with many inputs more than my previous Sony unit
- HDMI repeater is not particularly good with component inputs. Using the component inputs on the Wii, direct connection to the TV is vastly superior visually to the HDMI conversion the Denon performs
- Relatively steep learning curve. You will find a little frustration with some of the advanced functions as the manual is a bit tedious. This is par for the course though, so nothing specific to Denon.
The Denon AVR 591 is a great receiver/switcher for a home theater system arrayed within a relatively small listening/viewing area and one that uses smaller less power-hungry speakers.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this model brand new 6 years ago. Not even a single issue with it so far . Quality vs price can't compare to rest of the competition in this segment.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
love this reciever , its built very well and has many ,varities of function .Published 16 months ago by richard r. brown
Works good, it works good for the garage has many settings so it can be tuned for any speakers.Published 19 months ago by Gary
Have two fabulous old Polk bookshelf speakers that I wanted to power up again. Had good experience with Denon in the past and liked the price/specs of this unit. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Jack McLean
Hooked it up, turned on the power and it blew out the HDMI circuit in my TV. I sent it back.Published on April 21, 2014 by Fred Brown
our room is longer than most>25 ft, but the projector does the job. 3D is awesome and works well. You can leave the lights on and still see. Read morePublished on January 2, 2014 by M. Mishefske
Sounded good, but broke early on, junk, had to get a Sony. No problems with the Sony. They are more reliable.Published on November 25, 2013 by Alan J. Hild
I have had this "Denon AVR-591" unit for roughly 1 year and I have absolutely no issues with it at all!! In fact, Its incredibly easy to use, Its powerful and it's crystal clear.. Read morePublished on July 23, 2013 by montec1986