Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver, 5.2 channel, 4K Ultra HD Audio and Video, Home Theater System, built-in Bluetooth and USB port, Compatible with HEOS Link for Wireless Music Streaming
|Supported Internet Services||Pandora, TIDAL, Spotify|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||12.56 x 17.09 x 5.94 inches|
|Output Wattage||140 Watts|
|Item Weight||16.8 Pounds|
|Number of Channels||5|
|Total HDMI Ports||5|
About this item
- Make the most of your new 4k ultra HD TV. This stereo receiver delivers exceptional brightness, contrast and color leveraging industry leading HLG (hybrid Log-Gamma), HDR (High Dynamic Range), BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling to impress even the most discerning viewers. Experience 5 AMPLIFIERS (140W per channel) driving amazing power, realistic display and immersive sound across any room
- Your favorite music at your fingertips - With a built-in Bluetooth, amp up your music from eight different devices, be it a computer or any other Smart device and transmit it to a wide range of speaker systems. Create an integrated audio system in conjunction with denon heos link for a thrilling multi-room experience, which also allows you to play back music from almost every digital streaming service like Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora and many more
- Our easy on-screen setup assistant walks you through clear simple instructions to connect your TV, specific EQ settings and helps you optimize your surround sound
- Four quick select buttons on the front panel help you store your preferred audio settings for television, Blu-Ray, and more, and allows you to switch between them quickly
- With its 100-year legacy and Japanese precision technology, Denon AV Receiver S540BT delivers multi-dimensional surround sound with 5.2 channel compatibility and Supports 4k ultra hd picture quality, perfect for your home theater and entertainment system
- You can also connect the Denon AVR with your Smart TV remote and Access all your speaker sources and surround mode selections using just one remote. Or simply Use your smartphone as a remote. Download the Denon 500 Series Remote app for iOS and Android and control the receiver through your phone. Convenient, isn't it.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
The 5.2 channel AVR-S540BT features Dolby Vision, HDR, HLG and 4K video upscaling for a stunning home theater experience. It includes 5 HDMI inputs at 4K/60 Hz with full-rate pass-through and HDCP 2.2 support on all HDMI ports. Use the front panel USB port to listen to your favorite tracks seamlessly, or stream music via Bluetooth or HEOS with your smart devices via any of the popular streaming services like Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora and more. Control power, volume and source with the Denon 500 Series Remote app. With our award-winning Denon Setup Assistant, the AVR-S540BT is just as easy to setup as it is to enjoy.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Todd J. on May 6, 2019
Save your money and buy a different model.
This was purchased for my mom and she runs my older speakers. These speakers are great but they are a bit on the less efficient side. This receiver really struggles to drive them which surprises me as the receiver its replacing had a similar rated output (but was much heavier). Its entry level and I would really recommend to go a couple models up. This has cheap speaker posts on the back and its clear its bargain basement. Clarity OK but dynamic range is limited by current capacity of the amps power supply. Sounds flat at mid to high volume. Pretty disappointed. Only look at this for a small room with very efficient speakers and a powered sub-woofer is a must.
I live in a smallish home and as an old man I am not interested in blasting my neighbors out of a sound sleep. I want to play my video games, enjoy my DVD's, have a blast watching Netflix and Amazon streaming. This Denon AVR-S540BT Home Theatre suits my basic needs well. Last Christmas I brought a Sony 85 inch 4K TV so I wanted a receiver that could fully exploit the 4K display technology of my new system as this Denon AVR-S540BT Home Theatre can.
While this Denon AVR-S540BT Home Theatre can get a bit loud it is not ghetto blaster rock the M&M's in the neighbors kitchen candy dish LOUD! The sound does not easily distort even at the higher levels. I'd suggest using quality speakers, speaker wire and HDMI connectors with this unit since cheaper connectors do degrade the video performance. Cheap HDMI connectors will result in a purple noise on the edges of the screen that is not present when better HDMI connectors are used.
No I am NOT saying use the gold plated $99 dollar HDMI connectors as that is useless overkill. However don't use the cheapest HDMI connectors that are so thin that noise can get into the cable. Now if you are in a huge building with elevators and lots of LED and other commercial lighting sources you need HDMI cables that shield against RF Noise caused by elevator motors, LED lights and other RF sources. The antenna that comes with the unit is adequate for most uses.
The Denon AVR-S540BT Home Theatre is easy and straight forward to hook up. You will NOT need expensive Banana Plugs to connect speakers. Speaker connections are accomplished by straight forward button actuated speaker wire grab connectors. HDMI connections are simple. This Denon AVR-S540BT Home Theatre is intuitively laid out making connecting the correct things a breeze. Since the Denon AVR-S540BT Home Theatre is a very basic 5.2 unit there are few connection points and options.
The dedicated sub woofer circuits seems a bit underpowered in this unit, not bad but not the best either. Ease of use, is awesome in that it is so simple and clearly laid out you hardly need to read the instructions for the basic Denon AVR-S540BT Home Theatre functions. The control interface is clean on the front of the Denon AVR-S540BT Home Theatre. For a basic entry level model the Denon AVR-S540BT Home Theatre does almost everything you expect well.
I thought I'd give this AVR a try. For the sale price of $229.00, why not. I figured if it doesn't perform to my expectations, I'd reconnect my Yamaha V385 and stick the Denon inside the closet for an emergency receiver.
But the S540BT surprised me. Installation was quick and easy. Now, I've read other reviews where the complaint is volume, or lack thereof. I fixed that.
I decided to use the Auto setup. After which I dug into the settings and this what I did:
1. Open Speaker Settings.> click on LEVELS> run TEST TONE (individual speakers) set the volume output -12db - + 12db. I set my front towers @ + 4.5 db – center @ 5.5 db – surrounds @ 4.0 db. Lastly, the sub @ + 2.0 db
2. Volume increased by at least 30 % without any distortion.
3. I set my tower crossovers @80hz – Center @120hz-surrounds @110hz
4. I set sub mode @ LFE + MAIN with LARGE for the towers.
5. On TONE CONTROL I set the treble @+6b -bass +1. Also I made sure NIGHT MODE is in the OFF position. \
6. Last, set the DISTANCE.
7. Next – AUDIO- and set the rest according to your taste.
The sound quality is above my expectations.
I use my Roku Ultra for 4k and HDR video. However, do not plug in the HDMI cable into MEDIA PLAYER otherwise you'll just have HD. Use the inputs on the right side of receiver – note it reads 4k.
I plugged mine into GAME – 4k and HDR is fantastic. Looks like the Yamaha will get a well deserved rest in the closet.
I definitely recommend the DENON S540BT.