Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Denon AVR-X2000 7.1 Channel Integrated Network AV Receiver with AirPlay (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on July 1, 2014
Great feature set at a great price.

Volume (power output) is a bit less than my similarly spec'd (older!) Harman Kardon but realistically it's plenty loud.

HDMI switching/standby passthrough, while it initially seemed awkward, turns out to work quite intuitively. Definitely getting used to this.

While the standard remote doesn't provide it, I did find discrete power codes for my URC universal remote. I've now got single button on/off for my different modes and the family is loving it.

Last switching receiver I tried (different brand) had a bunch of noise in the audio, easily heard when there was no audio signal. This unit is quiet.

Auto-EQ seems to have worked nicely. Definitely like the adjustments when I switch from "Direct" to Audysey EQ.
on August 27, 2014
I purchased this receiver as the 2014 models were released and got it at a great price. While the WiFi and Bluetooth would have been nice, I couldn't justify the extra $250 in price for it since I was able to spend about 30 minutes of my time and run a Cat5 cable through some walls/attic space to allow me to hard wire the receiver to my network. The Zone 2 capabilities work great for me and the receiver is very easy to setup. The sound quality is much better than my old Yamaha receiver (still paired with the same Energy setup).

A couple of minor complaints. My DirecTV remote is unable to be programmed to this receiver to control the volume. My other complaint is that the Denon remote app for the iPhone has a tendency to bug out from time to time. When its working, it works great, but sometimes it loses connection and I have to force close the app and restart it.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2014
Upgraded from a Sony STR-DN1000 and couldn't be more pleased. Never realized what I was missing from my Definitive Technology ProCimema 1000 setup. I actually hear much better improved low level sounds and wonderful Bass management. The surrounds are much more enveloping.

Takes a bit of tinkering to get all the options dialed in per source input but in the end you'll be pleased. No issues passing HDMI thru Xfinity X1 Cable Box, Apple TV and Sony BD player. The Xfinity X2 remote pairs right up for power and volume control with the X2000.

I suggest visiting the AVS forum for any technical questions, they have a dedicated thread for the E*** and X**** series Receivers.

I also have this AVR in an open front cabinet with 3/4" top, 2.5" side & 8" rear clearances with no heat issue.
on December 16, 2014
Awesome product!!!! Price, size, brand, extras all made this receiver great. This is my first Denon. I've owned Pioneer, Yamaha, and Kenwood. My Yamaha was a great receiver too but too big for entertainment cabinet and had outdated features like hdmi, arc, and networking. I'm not an audiophile but enjoy my music more than tv. The sound is simply amazing. I have it matched to Aperion Verus forte towers, Verus forte center and jbl sub/sat speakers. Music sounds flawless. Clean, crisp, clear just how I like to listen to it. Movies are great and life like with the Audessey setup. I couldn't be happier.
on May 10, 2014
I had a Denon AV receiver that this one replaced. There was an intermittent chip in the surround processing unit, that would cause the unit to turn off when watching cable. So this unit replaced it. The manual is on a CD, so no paper instructions. The on screen menu was a little confusing. But after about 10 minutes, I got video and audio from Direct TV.
on February 16, 2015
My X2000 was faulty; the Audyssey correction and its associated features(dynamic volume and EQ) intermittently caused distortion, loud digital noises, and loss of sound. I returned mine.

With Audyssey off, the receiver sounded very good, and I was impressed with its network capabilities. I very much enjoyed the convenience of AirPlay, being able to play songs from my apple devices while sitting on the couch. I also liked being able to 'cast' Netflix content to the receiver via my iPhone Netflix app.

I was disappointed in the overall power, however. I have 6-ohm Epos Epic 2 bookshelf speakers; the Denon AVR-X2000 was not able to drive them any better than my older, less powerfully rated JVC. That is what made me decide on a refund instead of an exchange. I recommend the X2000 for its functionality, user friendly GUI, and overall sound quality, but if you're like me and have hungry speakers that you want to push every now and again, you will probably want to buy something with more power.
on December 28, 2013
This is exactly what I needed to upgrade my home theater. I looked at the AVR-X4000 but this one was completely what I required. The iOS app works great with it and with my 3D Vizio TV, Sony Blu-Ray, Apple TV, and old Sony DVD changer.

It seems to have less power for sound than my previous receiver, but it is every bit too loud enough! I also like the Audyssey sound calibration. Works great for me.
on April 16, 2014
This is a great receiver!
I bought this under advice from a friend who owns a home theater business and uses Denon exclusively for their quality and dependability. I replaced an aged Yamaha without HDMI inputs to keep up with technology. What a great product. As complex as the receiver is, the set up function was easy, it walks you right through it all. It has great power and sounds fantastic hooked to our Klipsch speakers. It has plenty of HDMI inputs and I ran a cat 5 cable from our cable modem and can stream all the internet radio available, which is a bonus. This also allows us to update our blueray and tv as well. I bought it "used, new in an open box" at a discounted price, only to find the display panel was scarred. It is not terrible, but the company was not entirely honest either. Buyers beware....
on March 27, 2014
I've had the unit installed now for just two or three weeks but I am already so impressed with it. I have 3 inputs to it, namely a PS3 for Bluray, DVD and playing from usb memory sticks, a satelite receiver for scheduled TV, and a "digibox" for digital TV broadcasts and another usb-stick player. (The multiplicity of usb readers is due to their limitations in handling the many different video formats around these days. The unit's own media player has limited abilities, the PS3 is somewhat better and the most useful is the cheapest, the digibox.)
Firstly I was so impressed with the intuitive setup. I simply plugged everything in and switched on. I left the Audyssey setup for later. I was not even expecting the internet radio ability but after simply plugging in to an ethernet internet connection, there it was with three stations already assigned to the three favorite buttons on the remote. To do more I had to read the relevant sections of the manual and now I have all the radio I could wish for, mostly in very good quality.
My only criticism would be the slightly awkward procedure for selecting the source for the Zone 2. I use that for a small number of remote speakers that I have in various rooms around the house. They are wireless and the transmitter is plugged into the "Pre Out" ports. That means that I can either have the sound, of the radio or other music but not sound from video source, played around the house or I can watch TV in the living room and someone else can listen to music elsewhere. The remote has the buttons to control this but it could be more practical. Perhaps it's a relatively recently added feature.
And I still haven't downloaded the very well-reviewed app to control the unit from my phone or tablet, which might alleviate the problem mentioned.
The feeling of quality of the unit is very high and the mention of a plastic facia by some reviewers has totally failed to be apparent to me. Great attention to detail and great specs and abilities which I look forward to experiencing for a long time to come.
on May 18, 2014
This AVR meets/exceeds all of my expectations! As usual, Denon provided an excellent product in the Denon AVR-X2000. I needed an upgraded AVR to compliment my new Samsung UN65HU8550 UHD TV. Based on reviews and product info this Denon AVR-X2000 met the needs to have 3-D and 4K pass through/up conversion, ARC functionality and excellent sound options/choices. I am continuously amazed at the sound that this receiver puts out! My wife even notices the difference in the sound quality and really likes it (a big plus justifying the cost of a new receiver)!

Set up was fast and easy thanks to the awesome GUI! I down loaded a firmware update on start up. It wasn't fast and took about 40 minutes! ARC was easy to set up on the receiver! All of the programing and apps that come from the TV are automatically pushed back through the AVR and sound awesome! It syncs to other compatible devices and eliminates the need for multiple remotes!

All in all, this is a very good receiver for the money! I would highly recommend it to anyone needing to upgrade their AVR without breaking the bank!