Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Denon DJ SC5000 Prime | Engine Media Player with 7..." and save 44% off the $2,999.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Musical Instruments Accidental Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- Includes Parts and Labor for Covered Repairs plus Accidental Damages Caused by Drops and Spills
- 5 Business Day Depot Service Repair Guarantee (When Received in Depot Center, Subject to Replacement Parts Availability)
- Plan Delivered by E-mail, Register and File Claims Online or by Phone
- Repair Plans are Fully Transferable at No Cost
- See Product Description for Details Including Limitations and What is Not Covered
Denon DJ SC5000 Prime | Engine Media Player with 7" Multi-Touch Display
|Price:||$1,899.00 & FREE Shipping|
- 7-inch HD display with multi-touch gesture
- 24-bit/96Khz digital audio outputs, plays uncompressed audio formats (flac, alac, wav)
- Dual-layer playback with individual audio outputs, 8 multifunction triggers for cues, loops, slices and rolls
- 8-inch rugged metal jog wheel with HD jog display, Customizable RGB color around the jog wheel
- (3) USB and (1) SD input for music playback, LAN output to Link to up to four players
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Denon DJ SC5000 Prime is the next-generation media player for DJs, being the first to feature a 7” multi-touch HD display that opens up more options for blending and effects.
The SC5000 Prime features 8 multifunction triggers for Cues, Loops, Slicer and Rolls, letting you be in full control of how the mix sounds. It also comes equipped with 8” durable jog wheels that contain HD jog displays. These screens provide you with all the necessary information of tracks loaded on each deck to let you stay one step ahead of your mix!
No computer? No problem! With 3 USB and 1 SD input connection for music playback, the SC5000 Prime is the perfect DJ media player for any scenario. There’s no better feeling than being able to connect a flash drive to keep the party momentum going, even in those unexpected times where your DJing computer restarts or crashes.
As a DJ, sound is the most important thing. The SC5000 is ready to handle audio formats from MP3 all the way to uncompressed FLAC, ALAC, and WAV for the utmost highest quality possible.
Many times, just one DJ media player isn’t enough, but we’ve got you covered! There is a LAN output on the SC5000 Prime which allows you to link up to 4 players for 4-deck integration. This keeps all of your players in sync with each other and also opens up so many options for a killer DJ set.
We’ve taken your favorite DJ media player and kicked it up a notch with the Denon DJ SC5000.
SC5000 Prime FAQ
What options do I have to connect external drives and other storage?
The SC5000 Prime features 3 USB ports (1 on the front, 2 on the back) and 1 SD card slot. If multiple SC5000 units are connected together, all connected drives will be available to each unit.
What types of media should I use?
We recommend using brand name USB sticks and SD cards. SD cards must be Class 6 (c6) or faster. USB sticks should have similar performance (at least 20MB/s read / 6 MB/s write speed). The faster the media, the faster tracks can load. Slower drives may result in lags when navigating through the collection and longer load times.
Which drive formats are compatible with the SC5000?
The SC5000 supports media formatted in FAT32 and exFAT with an MBR (Master Boot Record) style partition structure.
What is the maximum sized hard drive that the SC5000 can support?
The hard drive size is limited, but it's based on the limitations of the formatting style. The two formats we support are FAT32 (Windows will not create partitions larger than 32GB) and exFAT (with a limit of 8 PETAbytes).
Other rules, like file size limit also apply, but those are also not limited by the OS. Users will run into those limitations on their computer instead of the SC5000. Larger song collections will influence things like search times, so we recommend that you only add songs to a drive that you need for the show/night/tour.
What is the maximum file size and database size that the SC5000 can support?
The SC5000 will play files up to 250Mb remotely. Files over 250Mb must be played from the player that contains the media. Files under 250Mb will continue to play if the drive is accidentally ejected.
We recommend limiting the total track count to under 10,000 songs on a media source. Larger track counts may affect load/search/sort times. We recommend that you only add songs to a drive that you need for the show/night/tour.
If a combined database size in the Engine Library folder is larger than 2.4 Gb, the database will only be loadable by the local player. Multiple factors determine the size of the database files including, how many files are in the database, if these files are pre-analyzed, how long the files are and if the files contain album art.
Which file formats are compatible with the SC5000?
The SC5000 and the accompanying Engine Prime software support the following audio formats:
- MP3 32 kbit/s - 320 kbit/s + VBR
- M4A / AAC
- OGG Vorbis
- WAV 16-32 bit, 44.1k - 192k
- AIFF 16-32 bit, 44.1k - 192k
Can I link the SC5000 with a second unit?
Yes! You can link up to four (4) SC5000 units together. Networked units can share songs and sync track info between each other.
Is this compatible with Engine 1.5?
The Prime series will come with a brand new and improved version of Engine called Engine Prime. While this is not compatible with the original version of Engine and vice versa, it adds tons of new features including personalized user profiles that hold on to preferences like screen brightness, sync settings, pictures or logos for the center display, and much more.
If you use an MCX8000, you will want to hang on to your Engine 1.5 for use with the controller.
Do I need to use Engine with the SC5000?
Nope! If your tracks haven't yet been analyzed by Engine, the SC5000 will automatically analyze them for you once the drive is connected, making it the only media player in the world that can do this. This includes BPM, beat grid, and even key.
What does the Protection Circuit do?
This circuit protects your SC5000 in the event of a power loss. If disconnected, the protection circuit will continue to play and all drives will be safely unmounted to prevent corruption.
What is a user profile?
A user profile is part of your Engine database and saves your preferred settings including screen brightness, colors, sync settings, the logo for the platter display and more. Each time a thumb drive storing your user profile is connected to any SC5000, you will be prompted to load the profile which will automatically jump to your preferred settings. This means that any SC5000 can quickly become your own with just a few clicks.
Does the SC5000 have an auto-switching power supply?
Yes, the SC5000, X1800 and VL12 Prime all have auto-switching power supplies. This means that the player will accept 100-240VAC at 50/60hz.
- 2.0 Vrms (0 dBFS, 1 kHz)
- 116 dB
- < 0.0015%
- 22–22,000 Hz
- Sampling Rate: 96 kHz
- Bit Depth: 24-bit
- Type: SD/SDHC card USB mass-storage devices (flash memory, external HDD enclosures)
- File Systems: exFAT FAT32 (recommended) HFS+ (read-only) NTFS (read-only)
- File Formats: AAC/M4A AIF/AIFF (44.1–192 kHz, 16–32-bit) ALAC FLAC MP3 (32–320 kbps, VBR) MP4 Ogg Vorbis WAV (44.1–192 kHz, 16–32-bit)
- 8.0” / 203 mm (diameter)
- Metal construction with display & touch-capacitive circuitry
- 7.0” / 178 mm (diagonal) 6.0” x 3.6” / 152 x 91 mm (width x height)
- Full-color LED-backlit display with touch interface
- 2.2” / 56 mm (diameter)
- Full-color LED-backlit display
- (2) RCA output pairs
- (2) coaxial digital outputs
- (1) 1/8” (3.5 mm) mini TS input (remote start)
- (3) USB Type-A ports (for USB drives) (Rear-panel ports supply 900 mA for USB 3.0 devices, 500 mA for USB 2.0 devices. Front- panel port supplies 500 mA for USB 2.0 devices only.)
- (1) USB Type-B port (for computer connection)
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) Ethernet link port
- (1) IEC power input
- Connection: IEC
- Input Voltage: 110–240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Consumption: 75 W
Dimensions: (width x depth x height)
- 12.6” x 16.5” x 5.3”
- 32.0 x 41.9 x 13.5 cm
- 8.79 lbs.
- 3.99 kg