Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on October 19, 2011
The sound quality on this Denon upholds the company's long-standing history of crystal-clear reproduction. I'd had my first CD player--an old Denon--for approximately 30 years, and had been nursing it along until it would no longer play a CD. I did this because I'd heard other brands over the years, name brands that had muddy or anemic sound quality, and I knew that I would be disappointed to downgrade from concert-hall reproduction to anything less. I can't express how happy I am to have a unit that is, if anything, even clearer than my old Denon.

The other reason that I held off so long on this purchase was that I'd read numerous reviews of other Denon units, and those reviews were very bad. Evidently, other players in the Denon line are not high quality; I cannot say from experience, mind you, only from what other purchasers have said. But this one is not like those. It is hefty and solid, not lightweight like so many others I've tested over the years. It loads and plays CDs without a hitch (other models evidently do what my ancient model did: fail to read the CD, and then refuse to open the drawer and let it go). The sound quality, as I've already said, is everything that one expects from Denon.

There are a couple of things that a purchaser should know in advance, however. First, this is a single-CD unit, not a changer. If you want a carousel style, this isn't it. Second, it does not come with a remote control. However, the remote from my old Denon works with this one--and it's 30 years old! So there's a chance that the remote from your old unit might work on this one. (I believe there is a separate remote available.) Finally, the case itself is normal size, but it has the rack-mounting "ears" sticking out on the front at either side. They add roughly 1-1/2 to 2 inches in width; that could be a concern if your space is restricted.

The $300 price tag is admittedly a shocker--especially for a single-CD player with no remote control. But you're paying for the very solid construction and the incomparable sound quality. If that's what you're looking for, you won't regret the expenditure.
on March 19, 2017
everything was fine great seller
on January 8, 2017
excellent quality, be careful not to break the CD carrier when it is extended.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2013
An ideal player for a real music lover and collector. The only thing to be bettered is the A-to-B seqence repeat option: it is actually available, but works only via remote control that you should buy separately. I certainly have it, although I expect the option to function without it as well.
on October 29, 2010
We've used Denon CD players in our Church and have never had a problem with them. This is an upgraded version of our old one, but the old one is still being used and works great. I would recommend.
on June 9, 2014
This unit is no longer made but matches several others in our YMCA. It sounds great and is very rugged, perfect for our use.
on April 5, 2013
Very robust and durable CD player. I don't mind paying more for quality equipment however, I believe that the product is priced about $250 more than it's worth.
on January 20, 2015
A good find
on October 25, 2008
Kind of expensive just for a CD player, but this unit is well built, rack mountable, easy to use and, best of all, sounds great. I bought a previously well reviewed CD player from Amazon a couple of years ago and, while still being used, pales in comparison. The sound that comes out of the Denon is "warmer" but much more transparent than the older one. You hear more throughout the frequency range (perhaps, less distortion) with better spatial depth. The Denon is heavier, so I assume its heavier case and better power supply contribute to a better base for the mechanical and electronic innards. All of a sudden, the price is very reasonable.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.