Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price set by seller.
Department of Temporal Investigations: Time Lock (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Nearly as fun as The Collectors, and not as broad-scaled and delightfully intricate as the first two books, but still interesting and fun. It’s lovely to see the ongoing adventures of Lucsly and Dulmur, how they grow and develop as a team of partners who clearly love and respect each other, but who are no longer together. Leave it to Ye Master of Trek Via Actual History and Physics to turn the simplicity of time dilation into a source of interesting drama and good characterization.
The whole cast of characters, the setting, and the events of the story being only peripherally related to the main ST universe is BRILLIANT - and what I mean is, none of the traditional series regulars or ships or whatever has to be present, in order for ALL of that to be present as the warp, woof, and weave of the background of the story. Subtle details like the subspace field regulators worn on the arms, the mention of Voyager’s experience in Parallax...all display an unparalleled affection for and knowledge of the Trek universe that, respectfully, I’ve only seen you, Chris Bennett, exercise with such effortlessness, fastidiousness, and cleverness...OK, maybe the Reeves-Stevenses in their so-called “Shatnerverse” novels come close, but that series is its own unique universe and clearly focused its lens on Kirk and Company.
I want more DTI but I’m at a loss to see what other avenues could be pursued beyond the clear thrust of the cliffhanger. Maybe something involving interactions with Ducane and the 29th century? That was an interesting period that we still don’t have very much information on. We’ve done the 31st (excellently handled in The Collectors), we’ve resolved the Temporal Cold War (though I would certainly be happy to see another “front” open up and get handled, maybe even some temporal espionage/intrigue leading to the Temporal Defense Network’s creation)...this is by FAR and away my favorite Star Trek novel series, favorite set of dealings with ST time travel, and a delight to consume like delicious ice cream in the moments soon after its arrival on the “shelves” of my Kindle.
Well, let me back up. Watching The Clock was hearty like a steak...I often felt like I was getting a graduate level education in temporal mechanics with that book. Forgotten History was subtle, like a fine wine/cheese pairing. The Collectors was definitely ice cream, and so was this one - just different flavors. ALL DELICIOUS.
Thanks again for this series, Christopher Bennett!!! :)
Time Lock is a great book that has everything I've come to love about the DTI series, just not enough of it to really draw the reader in and give them a satisfying conclusion.
While short, it's full of action, intrigue and character development. You don't necessarily have to have read the previous DTI books to enjoy this but it certainly helps to have done so in order to appreciate the terrific world - and character building that Bennett has been doing with this unique corner of the Trek universe. Here's to hoping for more installments of this hidden gem of the Trek novel lines.
Chris Bennett is one of the stronger writers and I would easily recommend this book to anyone with any interest in continuing the voyage!
The eNovellas released so far (this and the Collectors) have been tightly-plotted and pure fun to read. They really feel like episodes of a Star Trek: DTI series and I hope that more are produced in the future.
Looking forward to more DTI stories!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > First Contact
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > First Contact
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > TV, Movie, Video Game Adaptations > Star Trek