- File Size: 1940 KB
- Print Length: 216 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0995740208
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Dedicated Ink Publishing Ltd; 2 edition (July 30, 2016)
- Publication Date: July 30, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01IVSH22G
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #30,522 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Descent (The Immortal Chronicles Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The heroine/female protagonist Addie or Adelaide was a badass. From the start, I knew she was head strong and got a little mischief in her hands when she decided to join the Red Guard, something that no other female had ever done before. Considering she had a lot in her hands and friends who turned out to be something else, I somehow felt drawn to her other personality that showed her solicitousness. As the story progressed, I kind of anticipated the turn of events with the other characters, but Addie's own self-discovery in the end was a beautiful surprise.
On the other hand, Xander Bane wasn't the man I expected him to be. When I didn't realize at first his true nature, I thought he was too old for darling Adelaide and couldn't understand his fascination. When the truth dawned upon me, that's when I started liking him. In the end, I thought he and Addie deserved something more than they bargained.
The other characters were a bit edgy and high-strung. Livvie or Olivia surprised me the most and I thought she deserved another break.
Overall, the story was good and entertaining. I was just a little bothered with the typos. But other than that, Descent was a great start of a series. The cliffhanger was awesome, by the way.
I read this as part of a "blind date" reading group where we chose a story based on a one sentence description. The book was complimentary.
Most recent customer reviews
I was hooked by the end of the first chapter.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > Paranormal
- Books > Romance > Vampires
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban > Vampires
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Demons & Devils
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Vampires
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban