- Hardcover: 372 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education; 1 edition (March 8, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071461574
- ISBN-13: 978-0071461573
- Product Dimensions: 7.6 x 1.3 x 8.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,667,049 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Design-Build Project Delivery: Managing the Building Process from Proposal Through Construction 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
"Neverworld Wake" by Marisha Pessl
Read the absorbing new psychological suspense thriller from acclaimed New York Times bestselling author Marisha Pessl. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
UNDERSTAND EVERY STEP OF THE DESIGN-BUILD PROCESS FOR THE MOST PROFITABLE PROJECT DELIVERY POSSIBLE
Being able to offer the design-build method of project delivery is now a necessity for any professional involved in nonresidential construction. Written by an author with more than four decades in the field and enriched by examples and advice from a wide variety of industry experts, Design-Build Project Delivery covers every essential aspect of the process -- from determining how, when, and where to use it, to proposals, bids, and contracts including the valuable checklists and forms.
Turn to the most practical and comprehensive resource on design-build for a thorough understanding of:
- The advantages and disadvantages of design-build: where, when, and how to use it
- Developing a design-build capability
- How to define roles and assemble a design-build team
- Marketing design-build services in the private and public sectors
- The cost-estimating process
- Contracts, bonding, and insurance issues
- Green buildings -- their time has come
- Project management methods
- The CM approach to design-build
- Building information modeling
Complete with practical, real-world techniques and valuable case studies, Design-Build Project Delivery provides the hands-on guidance you need to stay competitive -- and profitable -- by offering design-build services.
About the Author
Sidney M. Levy is a construction consultant with more than 40 years' experience in the industry. The author of 15 previous books, including several devoted to international construction and the award-winning Project Management in Construction, Mr. Levy is the owner of a construction consulting firm in Baltimore, Maryland.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One answer to this conflict was the concept of using one contractor to both design and build the building. The result has been a 6% lower cost, and 12% faster (33% faster if design time is included) than design-bid-build projects.
This book is a survey of design-build from his history, a description of how it works, a report on numerous projects from the real world, legal/insurance/contract information, off shore design, new advances in technology such as RFID and GPS.
In short this is a book to take the owner/designer/contractor to a level of understanding where he can work in a design/build environment.