- Size (LWH): 0.51 inches, 2.6 inches, 4.8 inches
- Weight: 5.92 ounces
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 6 hours
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 8 hours
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
HTC EVO Design SL892 Android Phone (BOOST MOBILE) Evo Design 4G by HTC (Boost)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Bluetooth, Camera, Calendar, Email Access, GPS, 3G/4G Data Capable
- Standard 1500Mah Lithium Ion Battery
- Expandable Memory card slot (Memory Card not included)
- No Contract, Clean ESN
- This device may require a data plan for activation. Please, contact Sprint for details.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
(1) the hardware...the phone itself
(2) operating system software
(3) installed applications
(4) the network (overall, and where you happen to be using the phone at a particular time)
(5) the service provider
In some cases, there are serial dependencies on the factors above, as many phones are tied to specific operating systems or service providers. Or perhaps you spend a lot of time in an area without 4G service. Just remember that even if you make a great phone choice, deficiencies in the other areas can diminish your overall user experience.
Don't move to a smart phone without some research into these choices. Which provider? Which mobile operating system? Who can offer me the best service, or the best combination of value and service? The rest of this review assumes you've already figured out why a phone with the Android operating system might be a better choice for you than an iPhone, a Blackberry or a Windows-based smart phone solution...
Bottom line for the HTC EVO 4G: feature loaded, user-friendly and a hard choice to go wrong with in a crowded smart phone market.
The phone ships with an impressive array of capability and apps, and finding and installing new ones from the Android marketplace is easy even for non-techies.
Two very strong performers in the pre-installed applications are Google-powered Voice Search and Navigate: both are eerily good at delivering search results and driving/walking directions.Read more ›
1. The browsing is excellent, the downloading is quick, the web pages load in seconds and even on 3G the phone is super fast, I have never switched on the 4G for more than an hour and feel it should only be done when you're downloading a very big file. You may wonder what the purpose of 4G is, so well, although the 4G function is there, this phone is faster than any 3G phones available on the network by a mile (Hero, Moment, Optimus S to name a few) So the browsing is excellent.
2. I used GPS once while trying to locate a bar a friend of mine was at in downtown. Anyone who's been to downtown manhattan knows what a headache directions are there but using this I got there just in time. Yes, it takes a bit of getting used to and yes if you forget to switch the GPS off, the phone is going to complain and be really hot.
3. Of maybe the seven or eight phones I've used in my life time, this one has the loudest speaker when using Pandora. It is very clear at the same time. While the EPIC may have a louder speaker, the Evo has the clear one, for hours at a time I let it play at volume level 2 with the screen switched off and it is the most delightful jukebox. There are several applications for music and the phone's customization and level of speed and concentration is nothing short of excellent. It never confuses between two running apps and multi-tasking is the best on any phone. Credit to Android and HTC Sense developers.
4.Read more ›
Bad: I purchased this phone from Amazon, thinking I would get a new phone... it isn't. Upon my activation, I typed the MSID from inside my phone and Sprint couldn't activate it. Upon talking with customer service, she had me find a different MSID in the phone's software settings. She said the mis-match is often caused by different phone parts that are assembled during the refurbishing process. Amazon should look at this vendor for its product misrepresentation. This phone should have been properly labeled as a refurbished product. If I had known it was refurbished, I don't think I would have purchased it.
- big and bright screen.
- decent battery life - around 12 hours with the standard battery. This includes running some apps (Eurosport, UEFA, USA Today, etc), but gaming would burn through the battery in less than 4 hours. The Yahoo Mail app also seems to drain the battery pretty fast.
- Android market is growing and Amazon had some amazing deals on games and apps.
- freedom to Copy/Paste music, pictures and movies from PC to the phone. Not something specific to this phone, but worth mentioning.
- after slightly more than 1 year of light usage, the phone keeps rebooting itself. Changed the battery, still same issue. Phone is basically unusable.
- contacts can't be sync-ed with the GMail account. The sync does nothing. Since the phone is not on long enough (without rebooting itself), I probably lost all the contacts too.
Considering how expensive this phone has been, this has been a terrible experience. I would not recommend buying this phone.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The phone could not be activated due to phone still being in used by another person... Complete waste of my money! Although the phone was in pretty fair condition.Published 23 days ago by nina
The phone was useless, as I was not able to get it fixed whatsoever. Oh well. :(Published 5 months ago by Sandy
This order came one time. However the product was broken!!!! The screen was glitching and strobing/flashing (?) like the white noise on an old television set. Very dissatisfied. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Fixximus (Fix) Aikyo
I was notified after ordering that it was a different color. I could live with that because I bought a new case for it. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Amanda Kunkle