- Hardcover: 592 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-IEEE Press; 1 edition (August 2, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470627611
- ISBN-13: 978-0470627617
- Product Dimensions: 6.4 x 1.4 x 9.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 10 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,647,472 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #229 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Energy Production & Extraction > Power Systems
- #370 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Energy Production & Extraction > Electric
- #464 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Energy Production & Extraction > Alternative & Renewable
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Design of Smart Power Grid Renewable Energy Systems 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
"I highly recommend the revolutionary and landmark book Design of Smart Power Grid Renewable Energy Systems by Ali Keyhani, Ph.D., to anyone who is serious about an integrated systems approach to the design and development of smart power grids and microgrids, and an richer understanding of the mathematical basis for the system. This book is a powerful textbook for any students seeking a career in the crucial smart power grid, microgrid technology, and green energy fields." (Blog Business World, 19 October 2011)
From the Back Cover
The first guide to the Design and modeling of smart grid energy systems
As we begin the second decade of the 21st century and approach the problem of global warming, we need to accept a fundamental change in how we create, generate, distribute, and use energy. Creating sustainable energy, thereby reducing or eliminating our carbon footprint and efficiently utilizing available energy resources, is of vital importance. Smart grid renewable energy systems are a revolutionary concept in electrical engineering designed to allow end users control over their individual energy needs by providing them with the means to create, maintain, and distribute energy.
Design of Smart Power Grid Renewable Energy Systems uniquely addresses the design and modeling of smart grid renewable energy systems by integrating three areas of electrical engineering: power system engineering, power electronics, and electric energy conversion systemswith an approach that differs from classic methods. After a brief overview of energy and its evolution to electric power, the author introduces the basic concepts behind power grids, then takes an in-depth look at the modeling of converters in power grid distributed generation systems and the design of a smart power grid system. Microgrid photovoltaic and wind energy systems are addressed as renewable energy sources. Load flow analysis of power grids and microgrids, and power grid fault studies are the subjects of the text's final chapters.
In each chapter, Dr. Keyhani presents a key engineering problem and subsequently formulates a mathematical model of the problem followed by a simulation testbed in MATLAB®, highlighting solution steps. Each chapter includes a number of solved examples, problems, and related references.
Design of Smart Power Grid Renewable Energy Systems is written as an undergraduate/graduate textbook for introducing renewable energy sources and the basic concept of smart power grids for students in electrical and mechanical engineering. The book is also a useful reference tool for researchers and energy policy makers.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I recommend to engineers, students of electrical , electronics and comunications
- It would well suit in undergraduate electric power engineering curriculum (preferably in senior year).
- General engineering programs would also welcome this text.
- Power Electronics and Power System Analysis courses can be prerequisites before teaching from this book.
- However, depending on the teaching style or student needs, these prerequisites may not be necessary.
- This book provides basic operational principles of smart grid and micro grid.
- Plenty of practical real life examples make subject topic for each chapter real clear. Students would love this !
- The analysis is based on Sine-PWM inverters.
- Interdisciplinary nature (Inverters, PV modules, wind generators, power systems operation/control/analysis, smart grid/microgrid).
- Recent research topics are also highlighted. I really liked this.
It earns the sole star because it does cover good information, perhaps for someone who just wants an overview of power grids, but do not use this to learn technical information. It's the worst book for a student, especially in a class with a professor who doesn't know how to teach and you depend on this book...