Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 252 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 270 reviews
on January 18, 2012
I am a big bag girl and I have been looking high and low for a Birkin style bag for months. I found several that had some of the attributes-shape, lock detail, short handle drop- but none of them were big enough or opened wide enough. I had almost given up when I found this bag, the "Designer Inspired London Office Tote". I looked at it over and over for about a month and read the reviews. It seemed like it might be The One so I ordered it and crossed my fingers. I got it today-WOW. First, I believe it is described as faux leather but it does not look it. The ostrich embossing looks genuine and it smells like leather. Second, IT IS BIG. The interior has a ton of room and a light fabric lining making things easy to see, deep zippered wall pocket and two patch pockets on the opposite side, one small and one larger. The small one is intended for your phone and my phone does fit but a smart phone might not. Still the larger patch pocket should hold one of the bigger phones. There is also a zippered pocket on the outside, an essential as far as I'm concerned. Finally it comes with a detachable shoulder/cross body strap so if you end up loading it with heavier items like a laptop, netbook or tablet you have that option.
One of the other reviews said it doesn't stand up by itself; it isn't structured or stiff but once your things are in it it doesn't collapse, at least not yet.
Having just received it I can't yet say how it will hold up but I am very pleased so far.
review image review image review image
1010 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2011
I can say that after receiving multiple handbags from different amazon companies, this is by far my favorite. The color of the bag is just gorgeous and the size is exactly what I was looking for. I have seen this bag and own one similar to this with a middle divider pocket and I was pleased when this one arrived and I noticed it was wide open on the inside. It makes it much easier to grab things out of and to put back in. The quality of the material is amazing and it has one of the best faux ostrich finishes I have seen available. Overall, you will not be disappointed for the price if you are looking for a great quality, large size handbag or work tote. I like big bags so I would use this everyday, but it could also carry work folders, a laptop, or books.
1313 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2013
I won't go into great detail, but this bag is GORGEOUS. I have had it on my wish list for over a year (I have so many bags... couldn't justify buying another!) and finally bit the bullet and picked one up in Ostrich Stone. It is every bit as gorgeous as I imagined, and the size is perfect. The quality of the bag also seems great. I've only had it for about 2 weeks, so I can't say how well it will hold up. But, at this price, it's not too much of a gamble. In the short time I've been carrying it, I've gotten so many compliments it's crazy. The color, texture, look and size are just perfect.

Just a reminder to pay attention to the dimensions listed in the description. This is NOT a small bag. I love a large handbag that I can toss my laptop in and take to work, or even stuff a sweater in for the weekend. This bag fits the bill perfectly, but you will not be happy with it if you're expecting it to be like 10 inches wide.
on November 15, 2012
At first, I was very unsure about buying this bag because I didn't know if it would be cheap looking. I was also debating a great deal over whether or not I should get the brown or black. I wanted the brown, but due to a lack of reviews on the shade of the brown color, I was reluctant. I followed my instincts and purchased the brown anyway and I LOVE IT. I highly recommend this bag, but there are a few things to be aware of:

1. It's not as big as everybody makes it seem. I'm 5'8 and I was not wowed by the size. I have bags that are bigger. I was initially looking for a bag big enough for my schoolwork and 15 inch macbook and this bag doesn't fit them - a little disappointing.
2. Unlike an authentic Birkin, the lock does not unlock the front closure and expand the bag even more.
3. It's slightly slouchy but it's not a deal breaker.
4. The stitching detail on the extra strap cheapens the bag A LOT, but for me, it was something that could be overlooked.

Like I said before, I highly recommend this bag. If you are on the fence, BUY IT. Especially the brown. It had more of an orange hue than I expected but it's still a great camel color. I'm so obsessed that I want it in more colors.
on October 8, 2012
I was so excited to receive this bag. I was assured it would arrive by Saturday but it didn't come till Monday. I bought the ORANGE Ostrich. I was planning to contact the seller for a return or exchange but a friend of mine liked it and she bought it from me $5 cheaper. Also I bought the ORANGE ostrich for $49.00 and got free shipping with Prime. But when I went to see other colors today it was marked down to $39.99! I was so embarrassed when the person who bought it saw the price listed now.

I bought the ORANGE Ostrich. The bag is rather large as many have shared and the color is a lot duller than the picture indicated. The top is a zipper closure instead of a flap style that the Birkin has. The inside is a printed beige and black geometric print silky fabric - and is nice. It came with a shoulder strap and very nice gold hardware and had no smell. The faux ostrich is basically bumps with a darker orange painted on them. It is obviously synthetic and looks that way.

The zipper is a good quality and the strap is a firm one with orange stuff on the edging and doesnt look like it would peel off like most Louis Vuitton fakes do. I just wish the colour ws more true to what I was expecting. If I hadn't sold this bag away I would have asked for a navy instead. The strap was enough to put my arm up to my elbow, granted I do have chunky arms LOL!

It was quite large, enough to hold a typical laptop or 2 ipads side by side and a bunch of papers. it is also quite thick so plently fo storag and would be great for travelling.Inside pockets are the typical zippered one and the 2 multi purpose on the other side one wider than the other. I had been looking at this bag for wo long and sadly have been a little disappointed. I would usggest buying the leather finish version - try searching "Glamour Elegant PU Faux Leather Padlock Designer Inspired Shopper Hobo Tote Bag Purse Satchel Handbag High Quality Women/Girl Fashion Work School Office Lady Student w/Shoulder Strap Pink/ Rose Red". This looks more like the design of the Birkin that I was looking for and is a little cheaper.

I am very jealous of those who bought this and were so pleased. I hope you continue to enjoy your bag... and i will keep looking for the perfect one for me :)
on January 9, 2015
Bought this for my girlfriend and it was actually larger than the posted dimensions, didn't know it was the size of an actual Ostrich lol.

Good quality but rather large. Ended up returning it due to the size being bigger than depicted but it was good quality and price and for that I will give it a 4-star review.
on September 27, 2013
People. It's a TOTE bag, NOT a PURSE. Notice the difference in words? Totes are supposed to be larger. I say that in response to the reviewers stating that as a negative about this bag. With that being said, my TOTE bag just arrived today and I am pleased with it. As a student, it's perfect for carrying one or two medium-sized textbooks and a few folders as well as wallet, makeup, etc. It's actually a little bit smaller than the tote I was currently using. This bag instantly made me feel like an adult if you know what I mean. It just has a 'grown-up, I'm about my business' look to it. My only issue is that the backing on the little stud looking detail that is above the metal purse tag fell off & now I can't put that little stud back in. I have no idea if the back was even on there when it shipped to me because its nowhere to be found in the packaging or on the floor. It kind of made me feel like the bag was already falling apart a little bit and of course it's an issue because for $50 I expect nice quality. However, wasn't a big deal enough for me to return it and have to wait for a replacement bag.
on December 5, 2014
This is the bag I have been looking for.
This bag is large, but not too large for everyday use.
It is really beautiful, the material has a mat finish with just the slightest amount of glow.
The interior is lined and one big open space no dividers to wrestle with only an inside zip compartment and a couple of open pockets for small items. Handle length is perfect. Hardware is heavy, not "tinny" metals.
If I were to design a perfect bag for me... this would be it.
I love this bag so much I ordered a second one in Ostrich Burgandy.
I have spent so much money on bags looking for the perfect one.
With this bag I have finally found it..... at a price everyone can afford.
on December 25, 2014
My wife has been using the AAA tote bag to carry the kids' electronic devices. Most purses are either too small or look like a gym bag. This bag is big enough to hold all of her and the kids stuff. Although it is not real ostrich skin (what did you expect for less than $40), it does look good. Don't be fooled, you can tell that it is not real ostrich, but the people at the next table won't know.
on December 1, 2013
This bag is very durable and looks much more expensive then what you pay. However, the first day a small brass piece fell off. I notified the vendor and they offered to let me return it. I didn't want to let it go and just glued that sucker back on LOL.

The key to the lock is in the little tag.

Want it in other colors. Looks real.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question