Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$12.96+ $3.99 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on February 29, 2012
This book is broken up into mini sections that focus on quick hitting topics. It does not cover any one topic in depth, but gives you the general "what you need to know" type of information. It also has a few nice "helpful hints" that will help you along in your graphic design career. Overall I was slightly disappointed in this book, as I thought it would be more of a "manual" that leads you step by step through the process of designing from your desktop. I found much of the information to be "obvious" or common knowledge, but there were a few good little nuggets of information that probably made the book worthwhile. All in all I don't see myself keeping this book around as a reference, rather I will remember a few snippets and forget the rest.
on January 18, 2012
This is a good reference book for beginning designers and for graphic designers like myself who always want more information. It covers basic things like Adobe software to web pages and offers tips for best results. It also talks about toning and editing photographs, file differences, typography, color, best website practices, and a lot more. I saw this book at a book store once, thumbed through it, and couldn't get it out of my head so I had to buy it. It is a good book with practical and useful information.
on July 31, 2014
Good starter points for person just starting out in design. It has the basics covered to get you experimenting and started doing design work.
on September 24, 2013
I have purchased many graphic design books over the years and this one is good. It covers all different aspects of design that I have not seen in other books. Some material is a bit dated because it was published several years ago, but much of it is timeless and will be a great help to new designers.
on October 21, 2016
beautiful
on July 9, 2015
Some of the information is written with the assumption you already know it.
on March 1, 2015
Its ok for basic reference but a bit dated.
on July 13, 2011
It covers many topics, from basic to advanced, in a logical fashion. It's well-written, concise, gives great visual examples, and will likely serve me well as a reference tool in the future for any "how-do-you-do-that?" moment.
on March 12, 2013
I really like this book. This book will stay close to my computer since it helps to remind me of the designers basics. I would recommend this to everyone who wants to learn design. The book has the basic are right at your fingertips and the best book I have found as a reference to the design basics.

I gave the book a 4 star rating because the book is great for beginners those more advanced will think the book is boring.
on May 11, 2011
...because i had to stop immediately & write this review!!

i love this book, it's just what i needed - it is a wealth of information!
a great reference book for any graphic designer to have on their shelf.