Designing for Interaction: Creating Innovative Applications and Devices (Voices That Matter) 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
― Jared Spool, CEO of User Interface Engineering
Interaction design is all around us. If you’ve ever wondered why your mobile phone looks pretty but doesn’t work well, you’ve confronted bad interaction design. But if you’ve ever marveled at the joy of using an iPhone, shared your photos on Flickr, used an ATM machine, recorded a television show on TiVo, or ordered a movie off Netflix, you’ve encountered good interaction design: products that work as well as they look.
Interaction design is the new field that defines how our interactive products behave. Between the technology that powers our devices and the visual and industrial design that creates the products’ aesthetics lies the practice that figures out how to make our products useful, usable, and desirable.
This thought-provoking new edition of Designing for Interaction offers the perspective of one of the most respected experts in the field, Dan Saffer. This book will help you
- learn to create a design strategy that differentiates your product from the competition
- use design research to uncover people’s behaviors, motivations, and goals in order to design for them
- employ brainstorming best practices to create innovativenew products and solutions
- understand the process and methods used to define product behavior
About the Author
Dan Saffer (San Francisco) is a founder and principal of Kicker Studio, a San
Francisco-based design consultancy for consumer electronics, appliances,
devices, and interactive environments, specializing in touchscreens and
interactive gestures. In his "spare" time, he curates a site called No Ideas But In
Things that collects physical interfaces for design inspiration. He also oversees
a wiki for the collection of new interaction paradigms called Interactive
- Item Weight : 15.1 ounces
- Paperback : 240 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-0321643391
- ISBN-10 : 0321643399
- Product Dimensions : 7.05 x 0.75 x 8.95 inches
- Publisher : New Riders; 2nd Edition (August 14, 2009)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #738,349 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: