Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 1, 2015
I originally purchased the Kindle edition. I found it full of useful information, in pictures of plantings to give the reader guidelines for planning his/her own garden. However, I found the kindle edition to be an inefficient reference tool. I purchased a printed edition and found it to be a great source for guidance in planning a succulent garden. A print edition is of great value.
on April 3, 2014
I had just acquired an obsession with succulents and wanted to learn more about the different types available and some design ideas. I had spent a few days researching succulents from different websites and thought I'd try an actual book. Wasn't as impressed as I had hoped to be.

Technical names of succulents would be written within paragraphs, and I'd have no idea what she was talking about. I'd have to alt-tab out and Google it to figure out what that plant actually looked like. There was some decent looking pictures of different gardens (with some of the succulents named), but nothing real impressive (the cover picture was probably the best design photo in the entire book in my opinion).

I did actually like the section on non-succulents that go well together with succulents. It gave me a few ideas to try out.

Overall I didn't get out of it what I was looking for, and for that I do regret buying this. Not worth the price for the information provided. I was hoping for something a little more structured, and less rambling.
on October 11, 2016
Bought this for my husband. He constantly uses it for reference for his business. Clients also love seeing the plants clearly and colorfully from the book before purchasing the plants at the nursery. It has helped my husband business immensely because a lot of clients do not know really know what they want. This helps the clients get the ideas so my husband can create the landscape they desire.
on June 8, 2014
Baldwin is THE authority on cacti and succulents. Beginning with her most basic book, "Succulents Simplified", she culminates in "Designing with Succulents" with all the information needed to use succulents and cacti in the landscape, outdoor pots and wreaths, and indoor design, including vertical wall gardens. These are lovely plants with a lot of variety in color, shape, and texture and are so much fun to work with. From tiny to gigantic, for inside or out, for container gardening, and for all the climate zones, the author shows you the wide variety of ways to garden with these delightful and frequently unusual plants.
on August 18, 2017
All of her info is great!!!
on January 18, 2012
I've really just started to get into arid landscaping and the collecting of agaves and aloes within the last 4 - 5 years, and it can take many moons to even begin to grasp all the information it takes to really understand this huge world of plant types and design techniques. After looking (first) and then reading the book from cover to cover, I felt I had got my hands on really the best book out there for showing me the big picture. Great examples of the many ways one can landscape with agaves and succulents and also how great these plants are in containers. I loved the book and it is really loaded with fabulous pics and suggestions on ways to improve your own paradise. I have been doing landscape design for 20 years and seen a lot of books but this one didn't bore me for one second. Great job!
Mike in Austin, Texas
on October 2, 2013
Bought this as part of the three Debra Lee Baldwin books available on Amazon for my wife and she (and therefore I) is(am) thrilled. Each book stands on its own yet they each complement each other by expanding further into detail. These are great books if you are into are just learning succulent gardening and potting. My wife uses one for design ideas for pots. another for outdoor garden ideas and the third forsiding andlearning about the plants - including theirtolerances andhardiness andplant names.  The books are all the highly recommended for succulent gardening.
on August 14, 2017
LOVE Debra Lee! She has class, sass, and 2 green thumbs...an unbeatable combo. This book is crammed with ideas and tips.
on October 21, 2017
Great sell it to Brazil via USPS no Prepaid Duty!! Premium Quality!
on July 21, 2017