Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on May 18, 2015
Really perfect for me. I have averaged about 50 miles per day and have lost 4 pounds in one week. Really well built and totally silent. I'm 5'8 and I do have to sit in a low chair but it works well and I do computer work and talk on the phone while burning about 1000 calories a day! You can't beat that. I was looking at more expensive solutions but I won't look anymore. Completely satisfied.
review image
77 comments| 618 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 29, 2015
I hesitate to do Amazon reviews anymore due to problems with the company ethics, however this device is brilliant and it could make real differences in the quality of folks lives, so I'm taking the time.

Not everyone will take to it like I have, but it has made a huge difference for me! I have a very nice treadmill down in the basement, but the impacts on the knee joints were a problem. I was looking at getting a recumbent stationary bike when I happened across this gem.

Long story short in the couple of months that I've had it, I have to consciously choose _not_ to use it at least one day a week.

I'm a software engineer and scrum master. I work from home. I spend a _lot_ of hours on the phone running meetings and participating in meetings. I can pedal this thing at 10-14mpg without making _any_ noise whatsoever. I don't even have to mute the phone, there just isn't any noise to mute.

With the treadmill I would force myself to keep walking for as long as I could (persevering through the boredom of watching TV while I walked - TV is not my thing) until I did my 200-300 calories of exercise. That's when I could take the time to do it and I felt like spending some of my time on it.

With the DeskCycle, I find it's just like pacing the hall - it helps you think and I just do it without thinking. I now typically pedal 25 to 40 miles per day every day without even thinking about it (and that's with resistance on 6, which means I'm burning 600 to 1,000 additional calories every day.

It's not full-on aerobic, I'm not getting winded or the benefits of that, but I get huge benefits in that I feel so much better at the end of a long day, and it has greatly strengthened and toned my lower back muscles. It also put some vague vestige of stomach muscles on me.

The cons: The biggest one is wear and tear on your office chair. I have a Freedom chair, which is a pretty piece of hardware, and I'm a big guy of 240 pounds. The chair is being used like the seat on a recumbent bike, which are built a lot sturdier. I have to use silicone lube on the chair now and then because the parts are constantly shifting/rubbing as I'm peddling.

You also need to throw a towel over your chair if you're going to pedal hard. Office chairs aren't designed to be sweated in/on.

I'm using it under an Ergotron sit-stand desk with the Ergotron keyboard tray on it, and the geometry is good. I can comfortably type while I'm working, while I'm talking on the phone and while I'm surfing the web, but I do have short legs for my height (5'11" with ~31" inseam)

Two minor cons: First, the display should be backlit, it's very difficult to read under many conditions, and second, the metal bracket for mounting the display on the unit shouldn't be welded on. The unit becomes a natural footrest when not in use, and that hard metal bit sticking up gets in the way. If it were bolted on and they offered an optional flip-up padded footstool top that could be bolted on in place of it, that would be a helpful feature.

Build quality is excellent, no problems with pedals *however* I think I may know how people screw that up. I liked mine so much we ordered one for my wife. She tried to put it together but couldn't get the pedals to go on/make any sense. She's worse than me when it comes to not reading instructions. It took me a while but I finally realized she had mounted the legs backwards - the long leg the rear and short leg on the front. This completely changes what you think of as front/rear and left/right and the pedal installation instructions just don't make any sense until the legs are put in the proper place.

I don't award 5 stars often/lightly but this one is a five star product, it greatly exceeds my expectations. If I ever wear this one out, I'll be back for another. I'm probably going to buy a third one to keep in my "real" office at work because I get antsy now if I can't pedal while I'm working.
0Comment| 298 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 15, 2013
This is a very well made product. It's quiet, it has good resistence, and the read out monitor is a nice feature. The only problem is, no matter how hard I pedal, I'm still at work. :(
1616 comments| 1,304 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 22, 2016
UPDATED 12/05/2016

12/05/2016 - OK. So if you're like the average person over 40 (especially females) and have not been blessed with awesome metabolism, you will not lose significant weight using the deskcycle unless you combine it with a diet modification and increased aerobic exercise. Since I use this at an office setting and need to look professional (and not be sweating like I just left the gym), I cannot pedal faster than 15 MPH.

Since I hate exercising to begin with, I just modified my diet by eating very light for dinner and was able to lose some excess weight.

On a lighter note: My legs feel better and have changed its sculpture for the better. Before I began my diet, I did notice that I lost some of the fatty, lumpy areas just above my knees. It helps also if you reverse-pedal to work additional muscles.

Bottom line: Great for keeping your legs moving, but losing weight from it will take a very, very long time. And the machine is still quiet as ever after about 5 months!

After using this consistently for over a week now, here are my thoughts on the DeskCycle Desk Exercise Bike Pedal Exerciser, White.

Extremely Quiet
Easy to set up
On-desk display option
No distraction (when set up properly)
Time flies and you will burn a LOT of calories without sweating so much

Hard on the knees (even if you're pedaling properly)
The calories setting will reset to 0 once you hit 1000 (However, this does not affect your distance. It will continue to count it!)

I will provide an update after a few months of my weight-loss results, but for now, my main focus was to keep moving my legs while I was working at my desk. Because I have a desk job, I did not get up and moved around a lot and I started getting really worried about my health after reading that even 1 hour of daily exercise will not undo the damage you do sitting all day at work.

The calories count up quickly. The pictured is after only 5 hours sitting at my desk (900 calories on 12mph). Because of the quiet, smooth motion, you may not feel it right away but your legs will be sore at the end of the day from the constant cycling. After the 3rd day and a moderate diet change, I lost about 4lbs (keep in mind this is prob mostly water weight). Also, if your legs are prone to swelling after a long day of sitting, this will get rid of that. My feet no longer feel like they're about to burst out of my shoes as I'm leaving for work!

I didn’t notice this until about the 4th or 5th day, but my knees started to feel very sore on resistance setting of 4. So I am now on resistance 3, which feels a lot better. Your legs will still feel it.

Be sure to set the Deskcycle up properly or you will feel very uncomfortable (correct your chair height, readjust your sliding keyboard tray, etc) to get the optimal advantage. The band which came with it doesn’t really hold the deskcycle up too well so I will have to find a thicker band to do the work. I’ve switched to a non-sliding executive office chair, but it’s still sliding backwards as I cycle. Very pleased so far, however.
review image
11 comment| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 17, 2017
I was not sponsored for this review, I bought these for my own good because I now have no excuses for not moving.
I purchased this and the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B0418 Magnetic Mini Exercise Bike, Gray. When I did a search for "desk cycle" the DeskCycle and this were the first two that came up. I did some extensive research to see if this was worth getting instead of a walking treadmill desk. The price difference between a walking treadmill desk and an under desk bike is HUGE and each setup has its own pros and cons... but if you don't have that big of a budget to afford a treadmill desk to work out while on the computer... the under desk cycle is great!

I use the DeskCycle for home ( I spend lots of time on the computer after work, I'm also a PC gamer!), and the Sunny Exercise Bike at work (I work full time).

Things to consider:
If this is your first time setting up a bike under your desk, it is NORMAL to have to make desk/chair adjustments because you need to make sure you have a comfortable and ergonomic setup or your back can get strained over long periods of time. The instructions included with the DeskCycle provide good recommendations and tips for this, and they have a support website too that contains awesome info!

My dimensions:
I'm 5 feet 1". I compared using this against my 6' husband and he didn't seem to like it. He's picky about his desk setup and with his stagnant and stationary setup he likes the way his desk is currently setup. With the deskcycle he would have to make major adjustments and raise the desk because his knees kept on hitting the desk. I could imagine taller people than me would have this issue but it is NORMAL to make desk adjustments if possible to accommodate for this desk bike device.

- Very quiet
- Easy and quick to assemble (it took me less than 30 minutes)
- Well packaged out of the box
- Sturdy pedal straps, Straps are permanently attached to the pedal and are adjusted via velcro
- LCD monitor is removable and can be extended to be placed on top of a desk for display
- When setup properly my knees don't hit the desk
- You can and will break a sweat while using this, at least I did (resistance set to 2 and I'm at "20"+mph? if I'm reading this correctly)
- No weird pungent factory smell (see below) out of the box

- When first using the bike I found it difficult to concentrate on whatever I was doing on the computer, but after a day or two of constant use you get used to it
- No handle for easy transportation if needed
- Not really sure what the LCD units of measurement are, it's not super clear

Sunny Mini Exercise Bike (cheaper than the DeskCycle)
- has a handle for easy transportation
- Pretty much what I mentioned about the DeskCycle with some minor differences
- Easy setup, less than 30 mins out of the box
- Very quiet, my coworkers sitting next to me don't even notice nor hear a thing when I start pedaling

- It smells like hardcore factory smell out of the box. Similar to walking into Harbor Freight.
- LCD screen is not removable
- The pedal straps don't look as sturdy as the DeskCycle straps. They can detach from the pedal and over time it can rip from overuse. It's a rubbery material. Straps adjust similar to putting a watch tab in different holes.

- Sunny Exercise Bike pedals are slightly higher off the ground than the DeskCycle
- Sunny's LCD screen is not removable, you only display it from the front. (DeskCycle default is from the back)
- DeskCycle includes a long velcro strap to tether your rolling chair to the bike, Sunny does not
- Sunny has a handle for transportation, DeskCycle does not
- My observation between the two.... the DeskCycle has a more rigid construction than the Sunny Bike. DeskCycle has more comprehensive instructions than the Sunny Bike does.

- With either one you still need to set up your desk/chair as ergonomically as possible
- Both of these force you to sit up straight
- You should take a break after a long period of cycling nonstop every once in a while unless you want some slight lower back pain and sweat at work
- The measurements between the two appear to be very close to each other when looking at the LCD screen using the same resistance and energy force on your legs
- With a good diet and using this, you will lose weight. So far I have in 1 week, maybe about a 1lb or two. Results will vary.

Extra bonus stuff for fun:
- I strapped a Fitbit watch Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch, Plum, Silver, Small (US Version) to my left foot and it still measures steps while using these two desk bikes.... I left it on and it registers as either walk or elliptical when looking at my Fitbit dashboard!
on September 2, 2016
OK, so I broke down and ordered a desk cycle. My friends laughed, my coworkers left a bike chain on my desk and the cat thinks I have lost my mind.

I started eating uber healthy 4 months ago. Then a month ago, a group of us bought Fitbits and started a challenge. I watched them zoom ahead of my with hiking and biking and swimming. I have balance issues, I fall off just about every piece of gym equipment invented. Banned from local establishments and relegated to the elevators at work. But I wanted to bike. What does a gal do?

This was...interesting. I tried the first time on a meeting, but taking yourself off mute and panting is not a good conversation starter at work. So I started planning short session when I was reviewing emails or even at planned breaks. What worked best for me was a few minutes at a brisk pace of maybe 20mph and then 2 minutes of "peddle like the devil is gaining on ya". This pushed me into the burn zone on my Fitbit nicely. The display is awesome, it gives you all the information to key into Fitbit - although it would be great if they chatted with each other.

So I have been doing short sessions with short bursts and I feel fantastic. It is so great to be able to exercise safely again. I have not tried it with my hands, but I did start using my thick socks for peddling. I do not like wearing shoes in the house (slippers are not a good idea for this), so socks worked great.

Always check with a Doctor before starting any exercise or diet regime!
review image
0Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 15, 2017
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! This product has changed my life! Seriously. I have recommended it to everyone in my office - which is huge.I have had this product since 2015 and use it every day. Many of my office colleagues have gone on to buy this. I have lost over 40 pounds since purchasing it, going from a size 14 to 4/6. As a full time working Mom, I have little to no time to exercise at home so having this Desk Cycle in the office, under my desk is the BEST purchase I have EVER made. I think the company should give me commission for how many people have bought this after my recommendations!! My office now looks like Soul Cycle! It has changed my life from sedentary which I sit all day for my work, to athletic - cycling at least an hour a day 5 days a week! Of course I also changed my diet but on the exercise-front it started my journey.
Pls do yourself a favor and purchase this - for your own health and sanity! Oh - and you're welcome :)
on August 31, 2017
This product is a literal lifesaver. I am an accountant and have worked 8+ hours per day sitting my fat ass in front of a computer and getting fatter and unhealthier for years. If you are like me, you have no more excuses! The DeskCycle is sturdy, smooth, and quiet. Just put it on resistance level 1-3 and cycle smoothly through your workday to burn hundreds or even over a thousand calories. Any higher resistance may cause you to pant or sweat, which you do not want to do in your office space! Or, use it while sitting on the couch in front of the TV or reading at night. Portability makes this a winner over the full-blown exercise bikes.

There are a couple of things to be aware of. The calorie counter is not accurate at all because it doesn't measure "power", as admitted by the manufacturer who supplies a web link where you can calculate a more realistic calorie count based on your age, weight, resistance level, mileage and time. Understanding that the measurement of power would be cost prohibitive, it would be nice if the computerized device could actually do those calculations for you. I find that resistance level 4 provides a calorie count more in line with the calculations. At resistance level 1, the calorie counter is about double what the calculated calories are.

Also, it is a bit bulky and awkward to move around farther distances than through your house. I purchased a Trolly Dolly to help me transport it to and from work where I have a bit of a walk to get to my office from the parking lot. A nice addition might be wheels and a handle to provide extra portability.

Overall, this item is terrific and I highly recommend it!
on November 24, 2015
I’ve had about 20 days since receiving this item to see how it holds up. My first impressions were that it was larger than I expected. It isn’t huge per say, but it is definitely a big presence under my cubicle desk which doesn’t stick out very far. My desk probably has a depth of about 24-26” or so, a then there’s the cube wall. When placing this thing under my desk, it sticks out about 2” or so past the table top. The part that sticks out is basically the “T” cross bar that helps keep this thing upright without falling over when pedaling. The small issue is that with it sticking out like this, the office charge doesn’t go very far forward. I have to drag my keyboard and mouse pad all the way up to the edge of the desk surface, then hunch over forward a little (not a lot). Either way, I will need to sit away from the desk as described since my knees hit the desk if I try to scoot forward and tuck legs under. I am 5’10” with long legs and an average sized torso. The way I have it set up, I HAVE to use the straps to keep my chair rolling away at max #8 resistance. Typically you will not need to strap your chair if you are using a lighter resistance, or can actually get more of your legs over it (to pedal downwards). In my case, I have to pedal away from me a little bit with a 45 degree thrust angle. The desk height is 30”, but the table top thickness takes away about 1.5”.
Once I got used to the short pedal strokes and changing my form a little bit to avoid banging my knees right at the edge of the desk, this thing worked great! I always use it every day I am at work, and I usually pedal at an average speed of 14-15mph on the hardest setting (8). I may take breaks here and there because my butt or back may get too hot against these pleather seats, but I usually crack over 1000 calories burned within the first few hours of my work day (using the online deskcycle calculator). Usually after that, I give it a rest for the rest of the day and may only pedal for a minute or two to get my blood flowing (keeps me awake). I started at 200lbs, and I am in the upper 180’s now (weight fluctuates with water intake, food weight, and undischarged waste). I can comfortably say I lost 10-12lbs on this thing in 20 days or so. I didn’t really change my eating habits either, which I assume would have resulted in a larger loss.
I have one major gripe right now that is worthy of losing a star. Recently when my right pedal is almost to the 12 o’ clock position under pedaling load, I would hear a thump noise that can be felt through the pedals. When people aren’t talking to each other or on the phones around here, I swear this thump can be heard across the entire office. It sounds like flicking the side of my computer with my finger. From an engineering standpoint, I believe it is a thrust bearing since I can feel it. It feels as though there is a flat spot in an otherwise smooth rotation. The flat spot and thump happen at the exact same spot during the rotation on every rotation when under my standard load of #8 @ speeds of 13+mph. Otherwise, it all works great! For this one flaw, it deducts a star. If it didn’t do this, I would give it 5 stars since the rest of the stuff is rather situational depending on desk setup that you can work around or adapt to. This thump cannot be adapted to unless I slow way way way down or reduce the resistance. I do not have tools and such to take it apart to see which part is causing the noise, but even if I did have tools, it would not be appropriate to tear this thing apart while I am at work.

Update: 2/6/2016:

OK the loud thumping clunk went away. It used to occur when the right pedal was at the top of its stroke. You can still feel a slight bump in the rotation as you pass this area, like it has a flat spot in the bearing. However, there are two new issues now. There's a slight click noise when the left pedal is just pass the top of its stroke, not too loud. It is definitely louder than my mouse clicks which are audible throughout my entire quiet office. The second new issue is SQUEAKING! It occurs where the bump at the top of the right pedal stroke is. It only happens when the unit gets hot which depends on the resistance setting and speed. For me, I can get it to start squeaking within 8-10 minutes at #8 resistance setting pedalling about 17-21mph which is my new normal speed. I am to the point where I want to pedal faster (fitness level increased beyond the available resistance). The problem with faster is that it will squeak sooner. It sounds like two gorillas jumping on an old bed, and the only way to stop it is to quit pedalling for 30+ minutes. During this time, the plastic casing gets very hot to the touch. I can feel the heat radiating from it with my legs not even touching it. Since there are two new issues and only getting worse, I am deducting two more stars from my original review. This thing would be absolutely perfect if it had higher quality bearings for the highly loaded thrust of the pedals. People who will not put many miles on theirs or train at a much lower resistance and speed may never have these problems. Unfortunately for me, I would like to reach my quota of 20-25 miles a day at the highest resistance in a reasonable and comfortable amount of time (usually within a couple of hours for a result of 900-1000 calories burned per day). I think it's silly to stop pedalling right when my heart rate and breathing level out and rest for a whopping 30-45 minutes to avoid annoying everybody around me. I would recommend this for a casual exercise tool, but anyone who wants to use this as a primary calorie burner will need to think twice about it. Heavy use will place too much wear on the bearings which it was clearly not designed to endure.
22 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 13, 2017
So far I really enjoy the DeskCycle. It's an opportunity to get exercise and burn calories in a vey routine setting. I suspect the effects will really add up over time. It is quiet and fairly unobtrusive. It is a little difficult to get the setup right - the height of your chair, the distance from the cycle, the back of your chair, the extension of your knees. I saw some complaints that you couldn't cycle under a desk - while that is possible given the height of some desks, I wonder whether the reviewers tried moving the cycle back and extending their legs more, like most people don't (but should) do on a real bike to avoid knee injury.

My gripe is that the device ridiculously overcounts calories burnt. It's hard not to conclude that that's deliberate somehow. There is a section in the manual about how calorie counts on exercise bikes are so inaccurate due to variances in users' height, weight, etc. Somewhat true, although ignoring those still gives you a ballpark. However, this device doesn't even take into account its own resistance setting, which causes far greater inaccuracy. It assumes resistance to be about a six or seven regardless of what the dial is set to. Whereas most people who do work throughout the day are probably cycling about a two or three. The calorie difference is gigantic. Instead of burning 1000 calories as the meter claims, you might be burning about 350 beyond what you would be anyway sitting at your desk. The calorie display is useless, skewed and misleading in a way that might lead you to draw very wrong conclusions about your exercise. 350 cal a day is not bad by any means, but it ain't 1000. Luckily, the company does provide a Web calculator to figure this out.
11 comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse